Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

Can anybody answer me this because I dinnae know ? 

Why do we charge £22 for league games and only £15 for cup ties? 

I would logically think we should charge much more than £22 for cup ties as we have to split the takings with the away team. 

Puzzling 

In reality, it should be a tenner maximum for league and cup ties. 

Season Tickets should be valid for cup ties. 

You know why Shull. There is far less interest in early stage cup ties. Just as there is less interest in end of season games when there's not much at stake. Again this flies in the face of your suggestion that sales are due to mindless supporting of a team.

1 hour ago, shull said:

High horse ? 

Can't help yourself. 

Anyway , slash salaries to part time. 

Slash admission fees to a maximum £10.

All other expenses can be helped with all the other income that the Club receives. 

Stadium sponsorship. 

Player sponsorship 

Catering 

Hospitality 

Kit Sponsorship 

Shop

Advertising on many things, inside and outside the Stadium. 

Money raised via SMISA, FANS COUNCIL, SUPPORTERS BAR. Etc. 

UEFA money 

TELEVISION MONEY 

RADIO MONEY 

And probably a few more areas of income. 

As I said yesterday, most Clubs could reduce salaries and let all fans, or even just children in the Stadium for free. 

We're up to £27 now.

Years ago it was easy to go to another match, say at Cappielow or Firhill if our game was postponed. 

Wouldn't do it now. No way anybody would pay £20 plus to watch a Match where the Saints weren't playing. 

Tell all 40 Clubs, maximum price will be £10.

Give them 3 or 4 years to prepare for the upheaval. 

4 years on the new era will begin. 

The Beautiful Game saved. 

I know this is your dream Shull, though that's all it will be i'm afraid.  Under part-time football, the product on the park would be lesser , the drop in admission price wouldn't make a difference to increasing the crowds attendance if the product is not on the park. You only need to look at attendances we have had against the smaller clubs and colt teams in cup competition. 

Stadium sponsorship -   whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

Hospitality -  whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

Kit Sponsorship -  whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

Advertising on many things, inside and outside the Stadium. - whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

TV Money  - There would be no TV money, BBC ALBA at best.

I am in agreement that the league is looking a lot more competitive this season and that is down to more investment and better quality arriving up here.

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You know why Shull. There is far less interest in early stage cup ties. Just as there is less interest in end of season games when there's not much at stake. Again this flies in the face of your suggestion that sales are due to mindless supporting of a team.

There would be even less interest in run of the mill league games at any stage of the Season if there wasn't such a thing as a Season Ticket. 

Meaning every adult would have to pay between £22 and £27.

All Saints fans could fit in the Main Stand with seats to spare. 

I would be at work or in the house. 

You should really read all my posts carefully then you would understand. 

20 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I know this is your dream Shull, though that's all it will be i'm afraid.  Under part-time football, the product on the park would be lesser , the drop in admission price wouldn't make a difference to increasing the crowds attendance if the product is not on the park. You only need to look at attendances we have had against the smaller clubs and colt teams in cup competition. 

Stadium sponsorship -   whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

Hospitality -  whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

Kit Sponsorship -  whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

Advertising on many things, inside and outside the Stadium. - whos going to invest in a tinpot part-time league?

TV Money  - There would be no TV money, BBC ALBA at best.

I am in agreement that the league is looking a lot more competitive this season and that is down to more investment and better quality arriving up here.

Another person who skims or totally ignores everything that I have postit. 

Just go over all my posts again. 

Get Lucy to read them to you. 

I am fatigued. :byebye

2 hours ago, shull said:

There would be even less interest in run of the mill league games at any stage of the Season if there wasn't such a thing as a Season Ticket. 

Meaning every adult would have to pay between £22 and £27.

All Saints fans could fit in the Main Stand with seats to spare. 

I would be at work or in the house. 

You should really read all my posts carefully then you would understand. 

You repeat things ad nauseam so only need to read one post Shurlly.

You claim people turn up due to an illogical love for the team so why would they not pay weekly if STs weren't a thing?

Your assumptions are contradictory.

Your "logic"  is unsound.

Basically?

You do type a load of codswallop.

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Again Lucy hasn't understood. 

I cannot be arsed repeating posts for those unable to comprehend. 

They are all still there for the struggling. 

Again Shurlly.

The reason for the lack of apparent understanding is the lack of logic in your assumptions.

Hope this helps.

So a memo to all Clubs. 

Starting in Season 2022 /2023

Plenty of time to prepare. 

General Guide to Maximum Admission Prices (subject to minor change in 2022 due to inflation) 

JUNIORS  £6

LOWLAND /HIGHLAND   £7

LEAGUES 1 & 2  £8

CHAMPIONSHIP   £9

PREMIERSHIP   £10.

I am sure all Clubs will cope given that they have loads of preparation time 

A few of the top Clubs may be able to stay full time as long as they dinnae go mental with salaries. 

All seems logical to me. 

:byebye

15 minutes ago, shull said:

So a memo to all Clubs. 

Starting in Season 2022 /2023

Plenty of time to prepare. 

General Guide to Maximum Admission Prices (subject to minor change in 2022 due to inflation) 

JUNIORS  £6

LOWLAND /HIGHLAND   £7

LEAGUES 1 & 2  £8

CHAMPIONSHIP   £9

PREMIERSHIP   £10.

I am sure all Clubs will cope given that they have loads of preparation time 

A few of the top Clubs may be able to stay full time as long as they dinnae go mental with salaries. 

All seems logical to me. 

Aye hold on while Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen jump right behind that one. :lol:

Just now, bazil85 said:

Aye hold on while Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen jump right behind that one. :lol:

One of those Clubs died in 2012. 

Hopefully Celtic and Sevco (2012) will be booted out of Scottish Football by then. 

And where are all these classy Scottish professional football players going to go ? 

Spain? 

Germany ? 

Italy ? 

Naw, some will end in the England's league 1 and 2. The rest probably in Tier 10 down there. 

Most will stay and be reasonably well off by having a full time job outwith football plus a part time wage from their Club. 

Sortit 

3 minutes ago, ged62 said:

You need booted off this forum. The taxis quiet these days, too much time on your hands. emoji6.png

Forum guru ged has spoke.

Him and the Forum will not flinch once the Gate Fee hits £30 very soon.

53 minutes ago, shull said:

Can anybody answer me this because I dinnae know ? 

Why do we charge £22 for league games and only £15 for cup ties? 

I would logically think we should charge much more than £22 for cup ties as we have to split the takings with the away team. 

Puzzling 

In reality, it should be a tenner maximum for league and cup ties. 

Season Tickets should be valid for cup ties. 

Clearly the club should increase the charge for cup games.

I know you like to take an egalitarian approach to pricing Shull but neither playing standards nor attendances would improve greatly if standard pricing is reduced. 

Are many players overpaid?  Some yes.  At Saints? I don't think so when compared with others. 

Would your own business improve standards if you reduced prices below your colleagues in the Sector? 

We have a 69 percent utilisation rate at the ground this season.  The 5th Best in the Premiership. 

Greatly improved on last season so I guess the public are voting in favour with their wallets. 

And where are all these classy Scottish professional football players going to go ? 
Spain? 
Germany ? 
Italy ? 
Naw, some will end in the England's league 1 and 2. The rest probably in Tier 10 down there. 
Most will stay and be reasonably well off by having a full time job outwith football plus a part time wage from their Club. 
Sortit 

If they have to be part time and survive on wages generated from £10 entrance fees , I would say most of them would do what most folk would do and go ply their trade wherever they could get the best deal.
With your model , just about every tier of English football would double or treble their wages and who would blame them for buggering off and leaving us watching pub league level cluggers.
You make the assumption that all of these players would be able to have full time jobs that would allow them to devote the time needed to carry out their “hobby”, as it would be .