DUFC V Saints Xmas eve

antrin

Re: Mallan, I've been thinking about this as in my opinion he is very talented, but has a habit of doing the complicated things well but the basic things poorly. In the central midfield role, the game often passes him by, and his basic passing / choices are dire. He performs much better with a gritty player beside him doing the hard work. I don't think he should be played as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2. Should be played as one of a 5 man midfield, or played between the midfield and a front man such as Sutton.

I'm not blaming Mallan for anything btw, but he has definitely been weak in the position he's being played for the whole season so far, the odd game aside.

Re: Mallan, I've been thinking about this as in my opinion he is very talented, but has a habit of doing the complicated things well but the basic things poorly. In the central midfield role, the game often passes him by, and his basic passing / choices are dire. He performs much better with a gritty player beside him doing the hard work. I don't think he should be played as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2. Should be played as one of a 5 man midfield, or played between the midfield and a front man such as Sutton.

I'm not blaming Mallan for anything btw, but he has definitely been weak in the position he's being played for the whole season so far, the odd game aside.

Have said as much since last season. Mallan in a midfield five with confidence and a free reign is a matchwinner.

Sadly, like McGinn... like McLean... Hell, like Billy Stark, many of our fans will not see his true value and will wait till he is the mainstay in a bigger teams midfield before wondering why he never did it for us and thinking that proves them right!

This sums up Mallan really well this season, but thought he looked much better on Saturday and was one of our stand out players, along with McAllister. A fit Rocco Quinn helps him and the rest of the team big time.

I thought Mallan had a decent first half but was dreadful once Quinn went off and he was sitting deeper.

First half Willow Flood gave him no time at all on the ball, constantly pressuring him but did ok.

2nd half he had much more time on the ball but I lost count of the number of times he had the ball at his feet with the chance to drive forward and he elected to play a hopeless long ball. This was probably more likely to be down to the change in shape and being instructed to sit deeper when Quinn went off but he was really poor in the 2nd half.

Edited by davidg

On 26/12/2016 at 1:56 PM, insaintee said:

We had a  "real pig" in charge, he totally failed to drive us on. You could expect a team put out by Rae to be agricultural, but we weren't even that. We were badly organised, lacked fight and and looked unfit. Rae was not even doing the basics that were able to pull us out of relegation last season. 

And yet in his latest "how we continue to improve, but still lose" post match interviews Ross states we need to be "nastier".... the only way Ross could pull us out of the relgation position is if he leaves and joins Dumbarton, Dunfermline or Ayr as Manager and dies an "Alloa" elsewhere.

We are not going to sack Jack Ross.  We are clearly improving and the poits WILL come more often than not.

So will those constantly harping on about it get please get real?.  It's positivity and support the Manager and team need at this time, not negativity to the nth degree.

COYS