DUFC V Saints Xmas eve

antrin

Under Ross, Sutton's been good for us when given the chance. I didn't think Rae should have signed him but that was to do with having already signed Clarkson and having Shankland. It was about balancing the squad. I stand by that as who knows what another good defensive midfielder might have made of our results. We have what we have and John has contributed well. In fact he has upped his workrate in recent games.

Sutton was signed before Shankland. At the time we were chasing Hardie and Shankland and we ended up with both. Signing Hardie would've brought balance with his pace and Shankland should've went elsewhere.

Instead some branded Sutton lazy and preferred Shankland to Sutton. Utterly ridiculous looking back on it.

Jack Ross and Chris Sutton both said that last week if big siutts started the game they would have won and it was a mistake to drop him.he started today and they never won he would not have scored had the defender not gifted him the ball.

sutts needs someone upfront with him Mallon plays too far away from him.

what are sit tons strengths he is good in the air  And good in the 6 yard area made a living out of that.

if last week we got one point and this week we got none I would say this week cost us more is it just me or is top cat still having a dig about shanklands penalty miss.  

43 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Agree totally

Improved performances meant feck all we need points

We can't seem to dig out results even playing decent

Dumbarton beat an in form Falkirk

Raith picked up a point today at Easter Road

But it seems acceptable to lose but we are improving on here

No use in our dire position

Btw did Baird get sent off again today?

Improved performances are how you pick up points, you point to Raith picking up a point against Hibs. How many points did Raith pick up at Paisley?

Thought we played quite well and definitely deserved something from the game. 

The change of shape didn't quite work IMO though, we really struggled in midfield when Clarkson came on for Quinn. 

Ref was another incompetent numpty.

Players applauded off the park from a great support who were very positive throughout.

Feeling fairly optimistic for the remainder of the season. 

Merry Xmas, COYS, bring on the 'Ton.

6 minutes ago, davidg said:

The change of shape didn't quite work IMO though, we really struggled in midfield when Clarkson came on for Quinn. 

Players applauded off the park from a great support who were very positive throughout.

How dare you actually go to the game and be relatively positive and optimistic! You clearly don't fit in here:angry:

38 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Sutton was signed before Shankland. At the time we were chasing Hardie and Shankland and we ended up with both. Signing Hardie would've brought balance with his pace and Shankland should've went elsewhere.

Instead some branded Sutton lazy and preferred Shankland to Sutton. Utterly ridiculous looking back on it.

As far as Shankland was concerned I stand corrected but the main part of my argument was that we had enough in attack but a blind man in a dark room could see we still needed a defensive midfielder.

Decent performance against a team with a bigger budget and top of the league.No doubt whatsoever we have improved and with new signings coming in shortly I am fairly optimistic we will be fine.Jings we have some right good players in our squad.I completely fail to understand why the ref didn't give a penalty when the United guy threw Clarkson to the ground and indeed booked him for his efforts.That would have given us a draw which is the least we deserved in what was a spirited performance.

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Decent performance against a team with a bigger budget and top of the league.No doubt whatsoever we have improved and with new signings coming in shortly I am fairly optimistic we will be fine.Jings we have some right good players in our squad.I completely fail to understand why the ref didn't give a penalty when the United guy threw Clarkson to the ground and indeed booked him for his efforts.That would have given us a draw which is the least we deserved in what was a spirited performance.

We missed a penalty last week.

12 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I wasn't at the game but if the ball wasn't in play then he can't give a penalty. 

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Thought we deserved at least a draw today . 

As for the support , it made a real difference being behind the goal . Good atmosphere .

2 hours ago, munoz said:

Thought we deserved at least a draw today . 

As for the support , it made a real difference being behind the goal . Good atmosphere .

Totally agree, we deserved at least a point. 

Only gripe with today was changing shape when Quinn went off. 

Some fresh legs were needed but I felt a straight swap would have been fine as the system was working quite well. 

After this United controlled the midfield. 

0 points but a very good performance away from home against a bigger club who are top of the league. 

Edited by davidg

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

Improved performances are how you pick up points, you point to Raith picking up a point against Hibs. How many points did Raith pick up at Paisley?

We had 3 dreadful performances under Rae earlier in the season and picked up point in each of them

Raith shown against us are a poor team but still capable of getting a result against the top teams in this division

We can't seem to do that and has got to the stage we really need to get results against EVERY team in this division

None of this but we played well against the top teams means feck all

The hard luck stories have to end

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

We had 3 dreadful performances under Rae earlier in the season and picked up point in each of them

Raith shown against us are a poor team but still capable of getting a result against the top teams in this division

We can't seem to do that and has got to the stage we really need to get results against EVERY team in this division

Indeed.

Tick tock, time and games are running out.

The "we played well" card is ok if you have some points in the bag.

Officially concerned................last time I said that we got booted from the top league.

25 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

We took 7 points from 9 prior to this game. We are starting to pick up points. Losing to a team at the top of the league isn't exactly a hard luck story.

Edited by Kendo

20 minutes ago, Kendo said:

We took 7 points from 9 prior to this game. We are starting to pick up points. Losing to a team at the top of the league isn't exactly a hard luck story.

Especially when we deserved at least a draw . We'll be fine . 

Yeah it's easy to say we can't move up the table based on good performances alone...but it keeps the belief we are heading in the right direction. We played some great stuff at times today and created 3 or 4 great chances. Obviously one of the reasons we are where we are is losing soft goals and you could easily put those two today in that category. The only gripe I have is changing the shape when Quinn goes off. Magennis and Mallan have to play further forward simple as that..Clarkson imo has no place in the team especially in the kind of number 10 role he is put in..i think the young boy from Aberdeen whos coming in might turn out to be a good idea whether hes cover for Quinn or good enough to start. Hopefully the fans turn out next Saturday and we get rewarded with 3 points against them lol..

Exactly and how many games has sutton started?? how many points has he got us?

I ignored your bizarre ramble earlier, but I'll bite here.

You want me to check for you? I can if you like.
Without checking I know he got us one point last week and one point against Morton at the start of the season.

Without checking I know that's more than the rest of our strike force put together. Is that enough... or?