DUFC V Saints Xmas eve

antrin

Okay you win we're getting worse ya trumpet.

We are, ya trombone. Our points per game average is worse now than it was under Rae.

Apparently we are getting better though. We just need to ignore the numbers, it's all going to be fine. In Ross's favour we have the intangible ' we are playing well, honest! ' brigade to give us hope.

Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

I ignored your bizarre ramble earlier, but I'll bite here.

You want me to check for you? I can if you like.
Without checking I know he got us one point last week and one point against Morton at the start of the season.

Without checking I know that's more than the rest of our strike force put together. Is that enough... or?

Just like you ignored my post about the penalty .

the exact amount of points would be of great interest . Or can you only add 1 add 1 at a time .

But when you were criticising JR's performance when Allow boss you said he made them worse, even though he got more points per game than the previous manager.

So, in your wee world, more points per game = worse and less points per game = worse. What, in your wee world, would the same points per game be?

Jack Ross increased the gap between Alloa and safety during his tenure as Alloa boss.

Jack Ross has so far increased the gap between St Mirren and safety during his tenure as St Mirren boss.

Inconvenient truths, but truths nonetheless. Not only has our PPG average went down under Ross, but he is also leading us further from 9th.

Perhaps he will reverse the trend and lead us to a miracle escape?

Or perhaps he will continue the trend and relegate us by April. Just like he did at allow, sorry Alloa.

Just because other teams improved more than Alloa did, does not mean that Alloa did not improve. Is that too hard for you to understand?

JR is still at St Mirren and still working on it. It is far too early to pass judgement on his "legacy".

One of my friends works beside one of your friends. Your friend apparently said that you are one of those people that just like to take a contrary view to others, not because you actually disagree with them but simply because you can't actually come up with an opinion of your own and can't stand not being the centre of attention.

I think it shows.

It's a league context. You're judged in comparison to other teams in your division. That's how football works, unfortunately.

We were a point or two (can't remember) off ninth when Jack was appointed. If we end up seven points behind ninth (as we are now) I take it you will be congratulating Ross on improving us? I would hope not. You can't claim at the end of the season, oh it's not fair, the rest got better than us quicker than we improved!

It's a dud argument. What matters is how you compare to the teams you are up against. JR has a proven track record of making a bad team worse. He did it with Alloa and he's doing it with us. Regarding his legacy, I'm not judging him on that at all. His legacy will only be judged when he leaves the club, I have no idea why you have put legacy in quotation marks, I never used that word once.

As for the personal stuff, I'll leave that to you. Apart from saying that's the first time I've been accused of not having an opinion of my own. I normally get personal abuse on here for simply expressing my opinion, c'eat la vie. Merry Christmas.

Who said anything about not being fair? You're trying to twist my words now - just so you can continue your contrary "view".

To restate the example I used in another thread when you made the claim about JR making Alloa worse:

You have two people, A and B, in a 100m race. A finishes in 9.9s with B finishing in 10s. In a 2nd race, A finishes in 9.6s and B finishes in 9.9s. According to your argument, B did not improve because he finished further behind A. That argument is blatantly wrong.

You say I'm twisting your words, then you go on to use an example of two sprinters in a head to head race in comparison to a football team in a ten team league setting.

Don't you see how that doesn't make sense? This isn't the Olympics, this is the Scottish Championship. Us going from 1 point behind 9th to 7 points behind 9th - as we have done under Ross - isn't a good thing.

Just like Alloa going from 4 points behind 9th to 10 points behind wasn't any good from them either.

Why you think Alloa punted Danny Lennon for JR last year? It wasn't so he could 'improve' the team while widening the gap between them and safety. It was so he could keep them up.

Your mythical sprinter may have improved his personal best. In the real world Alloa were relegated by a country mile and currently sit 4th in League 1.

It does make sense. You either don't understand or are choosing to "not understand" for the sake of argument.

Who said it was a good thing? Are you trying to twist my words again?

So your point is basically that if we finish bottom this year it's ok because JR improved us.

Wait, what?

Just realised that you edited this between me reading it and replying to it, so, to pick up on the added bits:

I put the word legacy in quotes because, obviously, he hasn't left yet and therefore there can be no legacy, even though you were trying to compare his "work in progress" with his Alloa legacy.

You don't get abuse for stating your opinion, you get abuse (although it's not really abuse, I'll use your word) for automatically taking a contrary view to anything positive that is said about St Mirren.

His Alloa legacy was he took a team who was 4 points off safety in the Championship when he was appointed to 3rd place in league 1 when he left. These are simple facts that aren't up for debate.

I say what I see. I thought Sutton was a great signing, was that contrarian? I thought Rae should be sacked, was that contrarian?

That's the third time you've tried to twist my words. Where did I say that? Stop trying to "Do a Dickson", you should have more respect for yourself than that.

So your point is he improved Alloa, but if he did the same with us he hasn't improved us?

I say that he made Alloa worse, you say that he didn't...?

Again with the twisty twisty.

If you look at my posts, I haven't claimed that he has or hasn't improved us, will or won't improve us, will take us down or keep us up.

All I have done is point out that you were claiming that, at St Mirren, his points per game was worse than the previous manager so he hadn't improved us, whereas previously you said he hadn't improved Alloa even though his points per game was better than the previous manager. You are trying to use opposite results to claim the same thing. You really need to admit you were wrong in one of those instances or nobody can take your opinion seriously.

But his points per game is worse than Rae, and he has us further from 9th than Alex did. He's taking us backwards on all fronts.

You're saying that although he took Alloa further from 9th he improved on DL's PPG, which is correct. He did improve on Danny's familiarly abysmal PPG, but still managed to take them further from safety due to teams above them getting better. Maybe Alloa fans were comforted by that fact as they were relegated on the 2nd of April.

So yeah, 1 out of 4?

Time for all Buds to rally round - the team need our support to get out of this mess. #believe !
We ARE playing better than we did under Rae a blind man could see that !
Merry Xmas to all Saints fans - get down to the game on 31st v Ton and let's get 3 points on the board. COYS !!!

21 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Can anyone recommend an IP address 'hider' that actually shows your IP to be abroad?

Thanks in advance

Sorry mate watched the game and went straight out after it did not look at the forum. Im abroad so just paid the £8.00. That was a game we should  have not lost we were very unlucky. 

6 hours ago, TopCat said:

But his points per game is worse than Rae, and he has us further from 9th than Alex did. He's taking us backwards on all fronts.

You're saying that although he took Alloa further from 9th he improved on DL's PPG, which is correct. He did improve on Danny's familiarly abysmal PPG, but still managed to take them further from safety due to teams above them getting better. Maybe Alloa fans were comforted by that fact as they were relegated on the 2nd of April.

So yeah, 1 out of 4?

Are you blind mate. If we were playing bad would understand your constant negative comments these days. Play like we have been in the past few weeks we will pick up points. Most of us had written yesterday's game off before a ball was kicked ,  the fact i can say today that is a game we should not have lost shows how far we have come.  

16 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Agree totally

Improved performances meant feck all we need points

We can't seem to dig out results even playing decent

Dumbarton beat an in form Falkirk

Raith picked up a point today at Easter Road

But it seems acceptable to lose but we are improving on here

No use in our dire position

Btw did Baird get sent off again today?

What is acceptable is that most of us can see points will come. What do you want. Sack the manager dont think so mate hold on in there we will not be relegated. 

Although we are undoubtedly a better team under Ross, our defence is still far too fragile and we don't take enough of our chances.

It is crucial that Ross addresses both of these areas in the transfer window.

As much as we are improved team, and as others have pointed out, some in a less whiny manner than others, it's no use being better if we can't get wins on board.

Next Saturday would be an ideal time to get one of those victories.

Whether we stay up or not is still very much in the balance.

I'd settle for the playoff place at present.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Although we are undoubtedly a better team under Ross, our defence is still far too fragile and we don't take enough of our chances.

It is crucial that Ross addresses both of these areas in the transfer window.

As much as we are improved team, and as others have pointed out, some in a less whiny manner than others, it's no use being better if we can't get wins on board.

Next Saturday would be an ideal time to get one of those victories.

Whether we stay up or not is still very much in the balance.

I'd settle for the playoff place at present.

Agree FTOF - strengthening Centre Defence has got to the be No.1 priority (just before other important priorities)

The team has come along way in the last few weeks and I believe that the required points will come.

For many people the defeat away to Morton was the nadir of the season - it will be interesting to see if the "worst St Mirren team in decades" can dish out the desired revenge on Hogmanay.

Just in case we do, I'll get the "Back in our Shadow" placard ready... :D

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What is acceptable is that most of us can see points will come. What do you want. Sack the manager dont think so mate hold on in there we will not be relegated. 

Never once have i said sack the manager

Our soft centre which gifts soft goals every single week has to be sorted

We have a riches of forwards in which only one is scoring there has to be movement in that area

We went to a poor midfield to fairly decent but need an experienced war horse in there

Can't rely on Quinn who is injured and doesn't last when making the starting 11

I feel we are too open and naive especially with our poor defence and poor goal return