St Mirren v Dunfermline

Langbank

A win on Saturday and optimism for the season will grow, lose with the fixtures from now till Hogmanay..? Then we will enter a dark place. Forget who signed/loaned who, this is on Ross, Fowler and the squad they have now, they all signed contracts which I assume they did so believing they could be part of a successful team at this level.

they got, and gave us, a fillip last saturday, now they have to prove to themselves, and us, they have what it takes to compete in this league. They and we will achoeve nothing looking to blame the past, get out there, get into them and win. Don't come off moaning about what you didn't have/couldn't do... come off and tell us how you DID it!

It's definitely a must win for me. We have to keep Dumbarton & Dunfermline in our sights until January when hopefully the manager can shuffle the pack a bit. At the moment all I really care about is finishin 8th. Any better than that would be very welcome but for now , for me anyway, it's the primary objective.

There is no reason why we can't win as the Pars are no great shakes themselves but we haven't kept a clean sheet in any of our last FIFTEEN matches so chances are we'll need to score two or more if we are going to get all three points.

Having said that, it's strange that with some very decent strikers at East End Park in Reilly, Clark, Moffat and El Alagui the Pars have failed to score in their last three outings.

I fancy Saints to edge a 5 goal thriller on Sat night. Buckle up!

It's definitely a must win for me. We have to keep Dumbarton & Dunfermline in our sights until January when hopefully the manager can shuffle the pack a bit. At the moment all I really care about is finishin 8th. Any better than that would be very welcome but for now , for me anyway, it's the primary objective.

There is no reason why we can't win as the Pars are no great shakes themselves but we haven't kept a clean sheet in any of our last FIFTEEN matches so chances are we'll need to score two or more if we are going to get all three points.

Having said that, it's strange that with some very decent strikers at East End Park in Reilly, Clark, Moffat and El Alagui the Pars have failed to score in their last three outings.

Hope we edge it 5.0

4 hours ago, paul torfason said:
so do we start with same team?or start team that finished game??a reckon 3 5 2 formation,as a think Clarkson slowed game down,and the boys that finished game against Ayr were still bombing forward at end of game,so start with team that finished game is my choice

I'd start with 352 but include Clarkson in midfield.

The bombing came from confidence in getting back into the game. We were actually in control till Clarkson went off... but the loss of the goal was more down to the change of formation to a midfield 4 than individual players.

Edited by BuddieinEK

On 11/17/2016 at 2:40 PM, div said:

The only thing I fancy is getting wrapped up for this one.  Long johns and fleeces all round lest yer baws be baws of ice.

I have no idea how we will do, I have given up hope, given up on hope I have indeed.

I don't think even the gloomiest of gloom merchants would have predicted Jack Ross would lose his first four games in charge. But he did.

As a result, the situation has went from serious when he arrived to critical. Failure to register any points again on Saturday wouldn't quite make it terminal, it's too early for that, but we would be heading for life support.

Dunfermline are obviously a poor side, but then again so are Dumbarton. Being a poor side is certainly no barrier to walking away from Paisley with 3 points these days.

To be honest, I think we are going to lose again. The reason is I just have no faith whatsoever in our defence. As we seen at East End Park, we can score 3 goals and still manage to lose a game.

To try tighten things up I would like to see another man in midfield. From last week I would drop Clarkson and play either Quinn or Hutton in the middle along with Magennis and try push Mallan further forward. Do this and I think we could scrape a 1-0.

Sadly I think he will persist with Clarkson and we will lose 1-2. As I said when I predicted we'd lose at home to Dumbarton, I hope I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I don't think even the gloomiest of gloom merchants would have predicted Jack Ross would lose his first four games in charge. But he did.

As a result, the situation has went from serious when he arrived to critical. Failure to register any points again on Saturday wouldn't quite make it terminal, it's too early for that, but we would be heading for life support.

Dunfermline are obviously a poor side, but then again so are Dumbarton. Being a poor side is certainly no barrier to walking away from Paisley with 3 points these days.

To be honest, I think we are going to lose again. The reason is I just have no faith whatsoever in our defence. As we seen at East End Park, we can score 3 goals and still manage to lose a game.

To try tighten things up I would like to see another man in midfield. From last week I would drop Clarkson and play either Quinn or Hutton in the middle along with Magennis and try push Mallan further forward. Do this and I think we could scrape a 1-0.

Sadly I think he will persist with Clarkson and we will lose 1-2. As I said when I predicted we'd lose at home to Dumbarton, I hope I'm right as being smug suits me.

I love your posts, the small amendment at the end was the only bit worth reading. :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Sadly I think he will persist with Clarkson and we will lose 1-2. As I said when I predicted we'd lose at home to Dumbarton, I hope I'm wrong.

You refer to yourself no less than 10 times in this post.

Now, far from be it from me to suggest this, but it seems to me that you are increasing becoming more interested in chatting about yourself and what you think, than about St Mirren.

I suspect this compensates for some deficiency in other areas of your life, but, to be brutally honest, it has become a tad tiresome. Well, tiresome for me at any rate. FFS, there I go, talking about myself....

It's clear that playing Mallan further up the park is JR's intention, but because of Quinn's injury, Whyte's injury, and Hutton being absolutely gash, we've persisted with Clarkson as the attacking mid. 

I actually think Walsh could do a good job as an central attacking mid. 

You refer to yourself no less than 10 times in this post.

Now, far from be it from me to suggest this, but it seems to me that you are increasing becoming more interested in chatting about yourself and what you think, than about St Mirren.

I suspect this compensates for some deficiency in other areas of your life, but, to be brutally honest, it has become a tad tiresome. Well, tiresome for me at any rate. FFS, there I go, talking about myself....

Yeah I use this forum to post my opinions on the team. If it's getting to you that much either stick me on ignore or just... don't read my posts.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

More anti-Clarkson diatribe... what a surprise!

Quinn is injured.

Hutton was given a run and failed to impress.

Clarkson has been given less of a run in midfield and yet you would prefer the return of Hutton.

Says it all really. You have no credibility. Funny though.

Edited by BuddieinEK

More anti-Clarkson diatribe... what a surprise!

Quinn is injured.

Hutton was given a run and failed to impress.

Clarkson has been given lees of a run in midfield and yet you would prefer the return of Hutton.

Says it all really. You have no credibility. Funny though.

Hutton is a defensive player and I think Clarkson is meant to be an attacking player. That's why I would rather have him, to solidify the defensive side of the team. Just my opinion, if you disagree with it fair enough. That's what the forum is for.

That's 3 fellow buds who have resorted to attacking me personally in response to my thoughts on the game tomorrow. Fair enough, if that's what you guys want to do crack on. I'm big enough and ugly enough to not let it bother me.

I just hope it doesn't put off other perspective forum users from airing their opinions.