St Mirren v Dunfermline

Langbank

Kyle Magennis has contributed more to the team defensively in two games, than Hutton has all season.

It's a miracle he's not on your hate list.

I don't hate anyone, least of all any St Mirren players. It's just a game of football.

I don't rate Hutton by any means, he's been awful this season. Like nearly the whole team. We need to pick the least bad players we have.

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

Hutton is a defensive player and I think Clarkson is meant to be an attacking player. That's why I would rather have him, to solidify the defensive side of the team. Just my opinion, if you disagree with it fair enough. That's what the forum is for.

That's 3 fellow buds who have resorted to attacking me personally in response to my thoughts on the game tomorrow. Fair enough, if that's what you guys want to do crack on. I'm big enough and ugly enough to not let it bother me.

I just hope it doesn't put off other perspective forum users from airing their opinions.

Oh, the poor wee soul. :lol:

You consistently "attack" players and managers with a ferocity that is frankly worrying yet you get all upset when people point out that your posts are far from objective and are clearly vindictive.

Away and have a look at yourself.

PS This isn't personal, it's just my opinion.

Our turn in fortunes in the league starts today. I hope everybody who attends tonight's game gets behind the team from the off and backs them throughout. This is a massive game for saints. Win this and we are back in there.

If everybody turns up this evening and gives it their all in backing the team then I am sure we will see the benefits on the park.

Please bring your positive, vocal backing to the game tonight.

#backthebuds

PS Stop with the bullying of Topcat. We are all saints fans so take a deep breath, let it pass and breathe again. ;-)

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You consistently "attack" players and managers with a ferocity that is frankly worrying yet you get all upset when people point out that your posts are far from objective and are clearly vindictive.

Apparently "He's big enough" not to let it bother him, but follows that with his tear stained rant.:lol:

11 hours ago, TopCat said:

Hutton is a defensive player and I think Clarkson is meant to be an attacking player. That's why I would rather have him, to solidify the defensive side of the team. Just my opinion, if you disagree with it fair enough. That's what the forum is for.

That's 3 fellow buds who have resorted to attacking me personally in response to my thoughts on the game tomorrow. Fair enough, if that's what you guys want to do crack on. I'm big enough and ugly enough to not let it bother me.

I just hope it doesn't put off other perspective forum users from airing their opinions.

The problem with your theory is that Hutton has proven as useful as a chocolate fire guard. No point being a man down at the kick off. At least Clarkson contributes. We do need defensive midfield cover. It would be more productive to use one of our extra central defenders in the midfield role, or, alternatively, a feckin' plank of wood.

43 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Apparently "He's big enough" not to let it bother him, but follows that with his tear stained rant.:lol:

As usual, you jump on the bandwagon against a St Mirren Supporter. 

Have you ever contributed anything original to this Forum? 

Top Cat has forgotten more about football than some on here know. 

Buddie Bully Boys 

This is it; the day the league season turns for us - victory here brings us 2 points behind Dunfermline with a game in hand and if Raith beat Dumbarton then we will be 3 points off the safety of 8th place.

Like many, I got a real boost from the performance against Ayr (surely we can catch them too - they're mince) - with real shoots of recovery also seen in the unfortunate defeat to Dumbarton.

Come on Saints - give us a league win today!

Well I for one did not expect Jack Ross to suddenly turn into the Messiah on his arrival to a team that was unbalanced, had no confidence, no tactics or formation and more than its fair share of shit players. (Thanks for that Mr Rae). Especially when the first two games under his tenure were Hibs and Dundee Utd.

However there have been substantial improvements since then and we have now beaten Ayr and although we were beaten by Dumbarton we were by far the better team and missed a barrowload of chances. Confidence is returning; we now start games with players knowing what they are supposed to be doing instead of long hoofball, and the young lads Ross has brought in have been exceptional. It won't be easy today but I have a feeling today is the day for 3 points.

St Mirren Starting XI: Gallacher, Naismith, Baird, Gordon, Irvine; Mallan, Magennis; McAllister, Clarkson, Morgan; Sutton

St Mirren Subs: Langfield, Stewart, Hutton, Gallagher, McLear, Hardie, Shankland

Ross did say one player was doubtful. Looks like it was MacKenzie.

Edited by FTOF

My observation of players is never personal. I'm sure they're all nice fellas, I judge them on what they do on the pitch and nothing else.

18 hours ago, TopCat said:

I don't hate anyone, least of all any St Mirren players. It's just a game of football.

I don't rate Hutton by any means, he's been awful this season. Like nearly the whole team. We need to pick the least bad players we have.

Will we have enough to field a team. :rolleyes: