St Mirren v Dunfermline

Langbank

FT 0-1

As expected. Wasn't much between the teams and we missed a couple of chances, but so did Dunfermline. They scored and we didn't and as a result they deserved to win the game.

Said before the game we would be on life support if we lost again. Unsurprisingly we have, and as a result we are. We simply need a miracle to stay up now. A miracle which needs to start with major investment in the squad in January, which I doubt will happen.

Jack Ross is doing the same to us as he did to Alloa last year. He took over the Wasps when they were bottom but just a couple of points behind 9th. They quickly became isolated in 10th and were then relegated by a mile. Just another case of history repeating here.

Thats him lost his first 5 league games now, the worst start to a St Mirren managerial career ever. We were bad under Rae, but this is far worse. He should never have been appointed, this isn't solely his fault by any means, but his appointment wasn't the answer to our problems. As we can clearly see.

League 1 here we come, some decent looking away days down there, every cloud and that.

Yep. Not recovering this that is for sure.

I can't believe how far we have fallen, but truth is we are still in free fall.

Preserve the youth set up at all costs. Might take a good few years of part time. But I don't care. I just want to travel to paisley, pay my money and see us win. If that's in league 1 or 2 I don't care. Far too many years of winning a handful of games in the premiership, now we can't win even one in championship. Wherever we end up make it somewhere where the odds are 50/50 we may win every week

Yep. Not recovering this that is for sure.

I can't believe how far we have fallen, but truth is we are still in free fall.

Preserve the youth set up at all costs. Might take a good few years of part time. But I don't care. I just want to travel to paisley, pay my money and see us win. If that's in league 1 or 2 I don't care. Far too many years of winning a handful of games in the premiership, now we can't win even one in championship. Wherever we end up make it somewhere where the odds are 50/50 we may win every week

It's sad though that we were debating that in the Premier league not too long ago with reference to our current league...

we dederved a draw there. But not good, not good at all.

Jack Ross looks like an absolute TWAT with all that anger stuff. Sandy Clarke could have been excused for chinning him.

Clarke refused a hand shake...who knows why...

Regardless all round we must do better. There are some talented young guys in that team, just missing the right older heads to guide them. Ideally a stronger and older centre half and central midfielder would go a long way on that performance. The league table is painful to see...

Absolute shambles. No pass marks for a single one of them. Lacking in basic skills such as passing and taking up appropriate positions. Poor crossing and final ball in general. Although the midfield has flashes of skill, it's too inconsistent with every one of them frequently just running with the ball straight into one of their players. Cannot see any way out of this unless something radical is done.

To The SMFC Board.

Just suffered Watching the worst SMFC performance ... Again .... We are in free fall going down with a manager who has no experience .. That's if he lasts that long. 

I have supported my team since I was held high by my dad in 1959 ... I love my team and my town but  FFS! We are a sad sad side .... I decided to pay the £12:50 a month just for the hell of it but I'm as well giving it to the RSPA 

had enough for this season .... Let's try again in The lower league next season ... Even The Soap Doggers are far better! Did u hear that Mr Scott! 

Yep - careful what we wish for. I'd have taken Danny Lennon and 7th in premiership and some cup finals every few years any day.

You'll not hear me disagreeing with you on any of that...

Sadly it is all about how we turn things around from where we are now. We're huffing and puffing with no end product on the evidence of tonight.

As I've said above, my first thought from what I've seen there is that I'd have Morgan on the right and McAllister on the left as proper wingers and Sutton up top with only job being putting the ball in net.

The highlights at the end there had the significant majority of chances for us. Sadly in between, in open play Dunfermline always looked more dangerous. I think we really are too light weight and missing perhaps two strong players at centre half and central midfield - to shore up the defence and provide a bit of steel to let the youngsters play in the middle of the park respectively.

Perhaps I'm being too positive, the league table doesn't lie, but that's the first things that I would do to try and sort...

did he? didn't see that part. Anyway, Ross needs to reign in the anger and channel it in a more positive direction.

The fourth official seemed to talk to Clarke during the second half after a word with Ross. The commentators on Saints radio thought it may have been for wandering from the technical area. Must not have taken kindly to Jack's intervention (at least that was my reading of it).

Last 10 years we are averaging under a goal a game.
It's a phenomenal achievement that/
I'd be willing to bet there there are maybe only 3 or 4 teams in the entire UK league structure who have done managed that if any others!

Average of just over 8 wins in a season falling by the week

Edited by WirralSaint