St Mirren v Dunfermline

Langbank

I just find it so frustrating that a club with our so called great infrastructure and great potential is still in free fall.
Clearly the leadership has been utterly inappropriate and presently shows no signs of changing prospects.
We are at the wrong end of the curve and frankly are never likely to be at the top table again for at least five years.
Looks like the last decade had been our successful period
Prospects presently now are non existent

The goal we lost was horrible. A terrible floated cross straight to where Naismith was standing when the cross was hit, but Jason wasn't watching the ball at the time and chose to chase his man out of the box and left a gap, Baird gets pulled out of position trying to put in a last ditch challenge covering for Naismith and leaves a hole in the centre where Clark taps in what transpires to be the winner.

If Naismith had looked where the ball was and stayed put he would have had a really easy header and that would have been the end of the move that led to Dunfermline's goal.

That was a sore one today. I honestly thought the team would kick on from the cup win over Ayr.

While we can obviously still stay up, I think the result today is a real bellwether of - unfortunately - a different outcome. We knew that a win would bring us within touching distance of safety, while a defeat would leave us further adrift. Despite the heavy significance of the game we couldn't deliver. It does not bode well.

We need to - somehow - stop the rot but with our next two away games at Falkirk and QoS - I'm not sure I see where we are going to get points from. 

Jack Ross needs to find some spirit and fight within the current crop of players so that we get to the transfer window with some sort of chance of catching the teams above.

I don't know how this can be done - but fortunately I'm not the manager. Hopefully Jack and the team can surprise us.

We've got to KTF

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Explain yourself further mate. I'm all ears or should I write eyes.  

So when your club needs your support most you threaten to withdraw it totally like a spoiled child because things arent going well ?  What do you think woyuld happen if the chairman threw his dummy out the pram because of the current situation ?

You say the chairman should support the management ?   So you think he isnt at the moment ?  

Would you care to explain yourself further .?

I just find it so frustrating that a club with our so called great infrastructure and great potential is still in free fall.
Clearly the leadership has been utterly inappropriate and presently shows no signs of changing prospects.
We are at the wrong end of the curve and frankly are never likely to be at the top table again for at least five years.
Looks like the last decade had been our successful period
Prospects presently now are non existent

Got the talent. It's just confidence in front of goal

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Explain yourself further mate. I'm all ears or should I write eyes.  

I`ve just found this , posted by you on another thread this evening.

Quote from IOBS :" So are you suggesting we replace another management team . I can't agree with that this is not a team built by Jack Ross. If we go down then we need to stick by our manager Jack Ross needs time to build his own team that will take more than one season. I'm as gutted and disillusioned as the next fan. What a f**kin mess seriously. "

So let me get this right , you defend JR and argue that he needs time to sort out the mess left to him but yet you are ready to pull the financial plug from the chairman  (and your club ) 

We are not the Old Firm Bud. We are better than that.  Yes the team are chronic , yes the club is in decline ( & has been for years ) & yes things look bleak , very bleak but to starve the club of cash is not the answer.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

That was soul destroying stuff. They were an average side with their keeper having a few smart saves to stop us getting back into the game but on the whole you felt we could have played allday and failed to score.

Disappointed we didn't start the way we finished last week as today's first half was similar to last week with two poor sides struggling to find any rythm. We were lucky if we could pass 3 or passes together before losing it. Dunfermline were average but stronger in the tackle and streetwise / ugly all over the pitch unlike us.

You do have to worry as we don't have a Broadfoot, Murray, Turner, Millen or gritty leader in the squad who will set the bench mark and drive the team forward put the tackle in and set the tone for the team.

Everyone keeps saying we will make changes in January that will help the team but we must be financially crippled at the moment. Christ! Only 2100 there tonight. :-( Pars will be averaging over a 1000 more than us with United, Hibs, Raith and Falkirk bringing massive supports to their patch.

I thought we had bottomed out but sadly not yet. We aren't down yet but it's up to us the supporters to stand up and be counted. This is when the club need us more than ever so keep the DD's going and stay positive buddies it has to turn at some point. Doesn't it? :-(

All I can say is it was men against boys,pushed and bullied all over the park by seasoned pros.

They knew exactly what they were doing.We have potentially some youngsters who could go far, but they have been dragged into the mire. We must bring in experienced defenders ,midfielders to help the youngsters.

Falkirk away next,I'm afraid this team as it is will be slaughtered

now I'm going to my bed,my curry was shit.only positive I was in the company of a smashing big fella ,Buddie in EK.Thank you.

My wife is making sure there are no sharp objects around

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If I find one I'll post it bud. No bias here. That miss was an utter shocker, at first viewing anyway.

You really are on a downer buddie....

The shocking miss by the Dunfermline forward you saw, I actually saw as a great save by our keeper.

The shocking miss by Sutton you saw, I actually saw a brilliant intervening tackle by the Dunfermline defender.

Your default setting seems to be to give our own players a hard time at the very time they need our support.

Can I buy you a pint and give you a hug?

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

Lennon was NOT sacked. At least get your facts right. Irrespective of whether Danny succeeded or not his contract ended.

Not-sacking Danny Lennon has turned out to be a new low for us as club! Telling a cup-winning manager who had just finished 8th in the SPL after the final home game of the season that he was not getting a contract extension when his contract expired 2 weeks later was greeted as the ultimate bit of thriftiness by the old board - we got rid of a manager without needing to make any kind of pay out.

How did that one work out for us again? Heading for a 3rd season in a row without a home win before Christmas and 2nd relegation in 3 years?

Don't see it mate.

I'm concerned about our plight cos frankly what I see is little or no talent whatsoever. The team isn't playing with any ambition, no sign of any pace, shape or width that look like it might create something.

We are limp and an easy touch.

We have won no league games this season, frankly quite incredible, but worse, we look unlikely to win in the near future based on our recent performances against dross like Dunfermline and Dumbarton.

We appear presently out our depth completely and it looks to me like a total recalibration of our club is now undeniably on the cards.

Horrible.

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not-sacking Danny Lennon has turned out to be a new low for us as club! Telling a cup-winning manager who had just finished 8th in the SPL after the final home game of the season that he was not getting a contract extension when his contract expired 2 weeks later was greeted as the ultimate bit of thriftiness by the old board - we got rid of a manager without needing to make any kind of pay out.

How did that one work out for us again? Heading for a 3rd season in a row without a home win before Christmas and 2nd relegation in 3 years?

According to some, his time was clearly up.

Laughable.

Whether or not Lennon was sacked is his contract not renewed, ultimately the board told him to piss off. Many folk on here - including myself - were in favour of change. We'd finished eighth but things were so tight it could easily have been 11th, he seemed to be on the verge of the sack all season and his transfer were increasingly becoming costly as we kept having to rip up contracts.

No problem admitting it was the wrong call. You can argue the problems started with the idiotic appointment of Craig but we wouldn't have had to do that if we'd kept Lennon. His spells at Alloa and Airdrie weren't great but it would have been some achievement if he'd stayed put and managed to drag us to an even worse situation.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The goal we lost was horrible. A terrible floated cross straight to where Naismith was standing when the cross was hit, but Jason wasn't watching the ball at the time and chose to chase his man out of the box and left a gap, Baird gets pulled out of position trying to put in a last ditch challenge covering for Naismith and leaves a hole in the centre where Clark taps in what transpires to be the winner.

If Naismith had looked where the ball was and stayed put he would have had a really easy header and that would have been the end of the move that led to Dunfermline's goal.

Elementary dear Watson as the great detective once said.

Individual errors are costing us dear!

59 minutes ago, Highland Saint said:

Sorry Bud but you've got to stop swallowing this stuff. What we lack in front of goal is a wee bit of luck. Until we can magic up some of that we need to get our forwards working on their technique and endeavour. Too many out there don't have the skills or heart to get us out if the mire. We need a striking coach, not a sports psychologist. 

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-1

As expected. Wasn't much between the teams and we missed a couple of chances, but so did Dunfermline. They scored and we didn't and as a result they deserved to win the game.

Said before the game we would be on life support if we lost again. Unsurprisingly we have, and as a result we are. We simply need a miracle to stay up now. A miracle which needs to start with major investment in the squad in January, which I doubt will happen.

Jack Ross is doing the same to us as he did to Alloa last year. He took over the Wasps when they were bottom but just a couple of points behind 9th. They quickly became isolated in 10th and were then relegated by a mile. Just another case of history repeating here.

Thats him lost his first 5 league games now, the worst start to a St Mirren managerial career ever. We were bad under Rae, but this is far worse. He should never have been appointed, this isn't solely his fault by any means, but his appointment wasn't the answer to our problems. As we can clearly see.

League 1 here we come, some decent looking away days down there, every cloud and that.

I was having trouble sleeping until I saw this