Welcome Jack Ross

Just now, TopCat said:

If it is him welcome aboard Jack.
Pretty much the same post I've made after every single appointment over the last few years:

He's not who I would have picked but I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to huge success with St Mirren.

:P

Just now, Drew said:

Aye, if confirmed, that'll do for me.

A gamble, of course, but I have a wee feeling that this could be good.

Anyway, welcome back Jack!

Every appointment is a gamble.  Like you I have a good feeling about this one, hopefully all the support can unite behind the new boss.  No doubt there will be some who can't handle it and we won't have to wait long to hear them.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If it is him welcome aboard Jack.
Pretty much the same post I've made after every single appointment over the last few years:

He's not who I would have picked but I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to huge success with St Mirren.

Even if Guardiola, Klopp or some such figure wanted the Saints job you'd still want MacPherson to be appointed.  Quite touching really.

Delighted with this appointment.  He's an intelligent, well spoken manager who has a bit of charisma who can lead us to better things.  Well done to the board for taking the time over this appointment, to me it seems a well thought, strategic, long term appointment.

I really hope the supporters get behind him and we see this as the start of a successful new era for the club.  The only way is up!

Mmmm. ..oh well. Welcome aboard.

I've run out of optimistic feelings when we appoint another new manager.

Not holding my breath but hopefully we have finally got somebody who will turn this shambles into something worth watching.

I am relieved it's Jack rather than Gus!

Even if Guardiola, Klopp or some such figure wanted the Saints job you'd still want MacPherson to be appointed.  Quite touching really.

I haven't wanted MacPherson re-appointed since he left the club until now. Either of those figures you mentioned would have been just fine.

Jack's just another rookie. Like Ian Murray but with even less experience.

It's another punt, might pay off but probably won't. We just need to watch now and see if we get lucky. If we don't we will get relegated.