Welcome Jack Ross

I'll say the same thing I said about Murray last year after he was appointed:

I hope he gets in an experienced assistant.

And by experienced i mean experienced in real life full time management, not experienced in football manager like Spalding was.

8 hours ago, TopCat said:

I haven't wanted MacPherson re-appointed since he left the club until now. Either of those figures you mentioned would have been just fine.

Jack's just another rookie. Like Ian Murray but with even less experience.

It's another punt, might pay off but probably won't. We just need to watch now and see if we get lucky. If we don't we will get relegated.

So what you mean is be negative even before a ball is kicked.

This is a time to get right behind the new manager and team especially to bring back much needed confidence , get confidence we will do ok.   

I'm definitely more in the uninspired camp.

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't see much differing in his approach than the last two managers. Hopefully his work with the players association might help us with players and agents, other than demanding higher bonuses and going to the press regarding it.

Otherwise who he brings in as assistant will play a big part. I'd be very wary if Goodwin is involved in the set up again.

Nice touch at the foot of the OS announcement...

"As part of our on going commitment to improve communications with supporters, we wanted to release the news on stmirren.com before speaking to any other form of media."

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Mo Camara?

Beat me to it :(

If it's one he was a team-mate with during his time here you're probably looking at John Potter, whose a coach at Dunfermline, or Lee Mair, who was assistant at Stranraer last season. Only other possibilities are Chris Innes (coach at Motherwell) or Will Haining (no idea).

If it's a defender who played for us at the same time he was here it's one of those four.

Alloa saying he'll be in charge of them this weekend: http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=1531&mid=2

Edited by Stu

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Welcome back Jack. I am sure most of us will give you more than six games before we start calling for your head :)

Which manager was only given six games?

Is some clown suggesting that Rae was only given six games?

Maybe they were in a coma for half of last season.

Anyway, fingers crossed that this appointment works out.

Just now, FTOF said:

Which manager was only given six games?

Is some clown suggesting that Rae was only given six games?

Maybe they were in a coma for half of last season.

Anyway, fingers crossed that this appointment works out.

If you are really bored and want to reduce the amount of living time you have then read the Next Manager thread. Someone has been going on about six games all day.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm happy with this appointment.

Well at least we know they'll sort out the bonuses should we ever win.

And he'll be here in time for Hallowe'en!

Played together at Clyde and Saints, captain and vice captain here so aye, probably Potter. Hope he has nothing to do with teaching our defenders how to head the ball.

Edited by Stu