Welcome Jack Ross

The very positive thing about this appointment is it isn't the cheap option. This appointment cost the club money to buy him out of his contract. He was appointed after careful consideration by the BOD. The BOD are of the opinion that he was the best candidate available to deliver the direction of the playing aspect of the club.

Even if this appointment doesn't work out the BOD need applauded for going about the recruitment the correct way. Let's hope that they've made a good choice.

I was quite excited when we appointed Murray and genuinely thought he would bring success to the club, it didn't happen.

I must admit Jack Ross wasn't top of my wish list and for me, we had to go down the experience route this time around.

We've went for JR and he will get my 100% backing from the off, I just hope this gamble pays off, if not, we could slip to a new low.

33 minutes ago, habbiesaint said:

Paraded tomorrow then heading back to Alloa to take there game on Saturday, meanwhile st mirren play a big cup game against hibs with a caretaker manager, you really have to laugh. Eta I think he's taking over from the caretaker on the 10th 

Are you having a laugh ? Big cup tie my arse .

Anyway , welcome home Jack .

I'm glad we've appointed someone at last - the instability and uncertainty was getting everyone (understandably) nervous. 

He wouldn't have been my first choice - but like many on here have already said he is now the leader of the football team at St Mirren and we all need to get behind him and the team and back them all to the hilt.

Jack has got some big problems to tackle; - if possible get a fix for the misfiring midfield / sort out the defence and make the time to assess all the squad members before we run out of time. I'll be interested to see if any wheeling and dealing with out of contract players will be possible.

Anyway - welcome back to St Mirren, Jack Ross.

Mid table mediocrity this season please.

Followed by Scottish Championship winners next season if you don't mind... :D

COME ON YE SAINTS

Edited by southsidebud

Delighted to get Jack Ross , Murrays failing was that he was not allowed to bring Ross as assistant due a historic bonus row that SG held against him. John Potter or Goody either would be excellent assistants.

i agree Scott and the BOD deserve great credit for this appointment, not a cheap option. We need to give Jack years and not months to get us back on track.

COYS

1 hour ago, habbiesaint said:

Paraded tomorrow then heading back to Alloa to take there game on Saturday, meanwhile st mirren play a big cup game against hibs with a caretaker manager, you really have to laugh. Eta I think he's taking over from the caretaker on the 10th 

Send the Youth development team to Easter Road. We don't need this tournament as we have a hole to climb out of.

1 hour ago, Stevie88 said:

I was quite excited when we appointed Murray and genuinely thought he would bring success to the club, it didn't happen.

I must admit Jack Ross wasn't top of my wish list and for me, we had to go down the experience route this time around.

We've went for JR and he will get my 100% backing from the off, I just hope this gamble pays off, if not, we could slip to a new low.

What he said :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, linwood bud said:

Agree we don't need this, but would it not be better to have Ross in charge of the team for 10 days instead of 4/5 before our next league game??

Yes I agree....but I don't know the circumstances. Could it simply be that we are just being amicable in return for the Alloa board not being obstructive in letting the club approaching Jack? Who knows but we"ll just have to accept it.

Big gamble with Ross on paper. Hopefully not in reality.

Maybe Ross being at Alloa on Sat will give the phycological boost of the new boss being in the dugout for the first time for the more important game against United. Really should be in our dugout come Saturday and on the training ground tomorrow. We are bottom of the league and Ross needs to get to work NOW!

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A bit "meh" after some of the early hope we could have had a fairly high profile manager.

I'm away to check the odd's on a "Ross must Go" thread being started before Christmas. :rolleyes:

What a crock of poo

Do you really think davies would take the gig ..

Hmmm naw his agenda was gwt my name out there as i know other lucarative were coming up