Welcome Jack Ross

22 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah the fans were brilliant that day. Everyone seemed to be in the ground really early for some reason and the atmosphere was superb from around half two right up to kick off.

Can't really remember why everyone was so pumped but it was a magical afternoon all round.

We arrived about 2.35 pm, and the stand was already busy and jumping. There must have been a particularly vocal group who arrived very early and triggered things off.

Absolutely not to take anything away from Gus and Andy, but its also worth mentioning that the players were very clear after the match about the extent to which the support drove them on that day. They could hear the 2,000 Saints fans from the dressing room as we drowned out the tannoy (a brilliant, and very, very loud sound system).

Indeed, this was the match and reaction thereafter that totally sold me on the '12th man' notion.

Our players were truly fired up thanks to Falkirk players texting Jack Ross on how they were going to thump us.

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Our players were truly fired up thanks to Falkirk players texting Jack Ross on how they were going to thump us.

Ha! Aye, I'd forgotten about that.

I think it was the perfect storm that afternoon.

That day at Falkirk...given the circumstances, the pressure on us, the expectation, the relentless brutality with which every single man hounded every Falkirk player, The ex players in the stand beside the supporters going equally mental and the performance from start to finish. 

That day was the benchmark in terms of an overall St Mirren footballing performance for me and hasn't been bettered or equalled since. 

As Drew said above me, everything fit into place that day and it was a perfect storm. What a day. 

We were all in early because it wasn't all ticket. 

As the match was of the utmost importance, there was fears that Saints fans could be locked out, once that Stand was full. 

We all just about managed to squeeze in. 

Will never get tired of seeing Billy rip the pish out of Pressley. No wonder he got sent off, Mehmet had him in his back pocket the whole day, he was seething.

I remember Yogi almost congratulate Pressley after he got carded. Went right off the enthusiastic painter and decorator after that. As for Pressley he's just gone on to confirm his fannydom in various guises since.

49 minutes ago, Slash said:

IIRC we had lost feebly to Kilmarnock mid week prior to Falkirk. We were in real danger of going down. That Falkirk game took on so much importance that it was classed as a must win game. 

It was the second last game of the season. We lost the final home game to Hamilton 1-0 and stayed up on goal difference with Inverness being relegated.

http://www.stmirren.info/id365.html

Our bus was rocking that day. One of the days where the massive Chivas flag was unfurled. 

Relegation battles are where we as supporters get right behind the team at the darkest hour. We might need a few days like that this season to pull us up the league. 

Yeah I remember that midweek game in Kilmarnock because I got the train back to Glasgow with the Killie lads and was persuaded to stay for a few more pints before catching the last train to Johnstone.

I fell asleep on said train and woke up back in Ayrshire in Kilwinning.

An expensive taxi home.

Yeah I remember that midweek game in Kilmarnock because I got the train back to Glasgow with the Killie lads and was persuaded to stay for a few more pints before catching the last train to Johnstone.

I fell asleep on said train and woke up back in Ayrshire in Kilwinning.

An expensive taxi home.

[emoji38]

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Did Shull take you?

Naw, but he would have qualified for a 10% Buddie Discount if he had. 

Thankfully, I work in Glasgow or that scheme could cost me a fortune. 

:)

25 minutes ago, shull said:

Naw, but he would have qualified for a 10% Buddie Discount if he had. 

Thankfully, I work in Glasgow or that scheme could cost me a fortune. 

:)

In fact, over the years only 3 Saints have benefited from my Buddie Discount. Proudtobeabuddy from the Forum, 

Willie Todd, twice, he tipped well. 

And a drunk Paul McKnight. He actually got a free Taxi from Glasgow City Centre to Neilston Road in Paisley. 

Well, it was the evening of the 22nd of April in the year 2000.

:D

I almost didn't attend the game.

After the Killie game I was resigned to the fact that we would be relegated, and the Falkirk game would be the final nail in the coffin.

I only decided to go about 2 hours before the game. I'm glad I did..

28 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Div suggesting James Fowler is the new fav for assistant. Must be a problem in getting Potter away from Dunfermline.

Just as well I can edit the Appreciation Thread.:D

On 5 October 2016 at 6:56 PM, faraway saint said:

FFS, there must be an awful lot of board members on here as this seems your "go to" response when anyone has a pop at you, undeserved or not.

Get over yourself or get some new patter.

Before you ask, NAW!

Ok so what do you not agree with now ? That Webster is a credit to himself , his family and St Mirren FC ? Or are you disagreeing with my opinion of Tony Fitzpatrick ? Do you think he is qualified to be a CE of St Mirren ? Or is it the fact that a player on loan from Ranagers signed by Alex Rae is turning out to be a good signing ? Or is it just that you actually think that Gordon Scott id doing all this for the good of St Mirren FC and the supporters ? IVE stated FACTS , THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS AT OUR CLUB

47 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Ok so what do you not agree with now ? That Webster is a credit to himself , his family and St Mirren FC ? Or are you disagreeing with my opinion of Tony Fitzpatrick ? Do you think he is qualified to be a CE of St Mirren ? Or is it the fact that a player on loan from Ranagers signed by Alex Rae is turning out to be a good signing ? Or is it just that you actually think that Gordon Scott id doing all this for the good of St Mirren FC and the supporters ? IVE stated FACTS , THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS AT OUR CLUB

:snore

Sorry, what was the question. :hammer