Welcome Jack Ross

6 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:
6 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

What a crock of poo

Do you really think davies would take the gig ..

Hmmm naw his agenda was gwt my name out there as i know other lucarative were coming up

Do you know for certain that Davies, or Hughes, wouldn't take the gig or did you just make that up?

Please reply in English.

Another supporter that jumps to conclusions. :booty

4 hours ago, shull said:

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs.

Nothing wrong with a Saints supporter doing due diligence on our Manager.

St Mirren fans spend a lot of money on their Team and are entitled to query.

Wait. . .      You make all these posts sober:wacko:

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you know for certain that Davies, or Hughes, wouldn't take the gig or did you just make that up?

Please reply in English.

Another supporter that jumps to conclusions. :booty

We know for certain that Davis wouldn't take the gig because he said so. 

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It would have said the club was trying something different yet in line with their pledge to work more closely with community organisations.

Don't get me wrong, Laughlin and Sinclair weren't my preferred choice either but at least I could have seen logic in that direction. I can't see what the board have been attracted to by Ross at all.

You certainly made some weird posts if they weren't your preferred candidates :lol:

You certainly made some weird posts if they weren't your preferred candidates[emoji38]

Stephen Kenny was my preferred choice as it has been through the last 5 changes of manager. A man working at a club operating on half the turnover that St Mirren had last season and yet who's side have 4 points out of 6 in the Europe League.

8 hours ago, shull said:

Not bitter at all.

Just being realistic.

We have got what we can afford and we wish him all the best.

COSMFC

We've got what we could afford? What a strange statement did you expect us to go for someone that we couldn't afford? 

Jack wouldn't be cheap, after all we would have to buy him out from his Alloa contract.

46 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Stephen Kenny was my preferred choice as it has been through the last 5 changes of manager. A man working at a club operating on half the turnover that St Mirren had last season and yet who's side have 4 points out of 6 in the Europe League.

Leave a team he has in a great position to advance past the group stage in the europa league.. to come to a team bottom of the Scottish championship who have had 5 managers in 3 years. I'm sure he would have jumped at the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Kendo said:

We've got what we could afford? What a strange statement did you expect us to go for someone that we couldn't afford? 

Jack wouldn't be cheap, after all we would have to buy him out from his Alloa contract.

Some Clubs go for players and managers they can't afford and put themselves into serious debt.

We could have done likewise by employing Davies.

Sober up Jake, :)

Good luck to Jack Ross. He is now the manager so at least we can support him into this role. I think it's a positive move, obviously no guarantee comes with any appointment but under the circumstances I reckon he's a decent appointment. As an ex player as well from more recent times he'll at least know about us and having a familiarity with the club set up that should help. He will be aware of our expectations I'm sure, he'll obviously know himself that st mirren aspire and require to be well above where we presently reside. Let's hope the guy does well and support him. At least he speaks well so he can if required dress up failure in an articulate way. I'll leave my request for a full tempo energy rich high pressing game till we push for play offs in March next year. [emoji8]

Some Clubs go for players and managers they can't afford and put themselves into serious debt.

We could have done likewise by employing Davies.

Sober up Jake, [emoji4]

Maybe some aherm short term indebtedness wouldn't be a bad thing if we got a goalie a midfielder and a striker. Imagine, a saver, a creator and a scorer in the one St mirren team !?

This has got to be the most bitter post I have ever read from you Top Cat. Ok get Ross was not top of your list but to go on a Stuart Dickson style witch hunt with Ross is well below your normal standard. Give it a rest mate get behind the manager and team and lets see what unfolds over the next few months ( not weeks )

I didn't read any bitterness. Just realism. JR is a very similar appointment to Murray and Rae. That's true.

I think it's safe to say all Saints fans wish him success though. That's just obvious.

6 minutes ago, Slash said:

It will be interesting to know from the press conference how long a contract JR has been awarded given GLS plans for long term stability. 

I'd hope at least a year an a half . Probably more likely 2 and half . 

Thankfully those in charge must read this forum and took heed of the Frogs post from yesterday. From the apparent shortlist of names, I would have chosen JR as well, so lets see how things work out. Maybe a good idea not to start until the next league game as a cup exit on his debut would be rather inauspicious.

Good luck to Jack Ross, it could be the making of him and salvation for Saints.

Stop thinking so short term. We need a campaign, consolidation and continuity to get s St mirren team ready to play in the top league again by 2021. Why do you think the ground was re named ?! [emoji12]

Length of contract is irrelevant.... length of notice period is!

And they aint gonna tell you what that is at press conf

11 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Didn't Albert Einstein once say that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? Well I might not be as smart as him, but I reckon another definition of insanity would be St Mirren FC.  

If we were appointing the same manager I'd agree...