The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

There were 2 occasions he reacted to the crowd today. First one was someone at the home dugout side of the stand. The shout was along the lines of “jack, get this mob up for it”. Jack just turned and shook his head several times. 

2nd half shout was from the other side of main stand, didn’t hear the shout but this one seemed to annoy him more and at full time he walked off growling in that direction. 

There were 2 occasions he reacted to the crowd today. First one was someone at the home dugout side of the stand. The shout was along the lines of “jack, get this mob up for it”. Jack just turned and shook his head several times. 
2nd half shout was from the other side of main stand, didn’t hear the shout but this one seemed to annoy him more and at full time he walked off growling in that direction. 

2nd half shout was “Jack you need to start taking this seriously” and then after he looked over the guy shouted “get these guys to take it seriously”

Jack looks intense generally during games but you could tell he was absolutely raging at this

Some of the shouts from older guys around me are just unbelievable.

38 minutes ago, car-d bud said:

I`d rather have Sutton on the bench than Mullen or Hill. We have enough defenders or midfielders to move about if required and i think the big man gives a different option up front.

When in the 2nd half when we were failing badly in trying to pass our way into the box, why not try a high ball instead ?  I feel this lack of plan B and the consistent push of passes on the ground is making it harder for us to score, since other teams now know that we don't do high balls from any positions apart from free kicks. 

43 minutes ago, Hambud said:

His post match comments do kind of hint that he thinks there are one or two numpties in our following. emoji23.png

Aye, comment about the "vast majority of the fans" being supportive or something like that.

Although if someone shouted out to get the players up for it you can't really disagree based on the second half.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Aye, comment about the "vast majority of the fans" being supportive or something like that.

Although if someone shouted out to get the players up for it you can't really disagree based on the second half.

Is it any wonder the manager is pissed off with these comments?

A year ago today we were 8 points adrift in this league and are now 11 points clear at the top.  This team has performed miracles in this time and have given us all some great days and celebratory nights over this period. I am fortunate/unfortunate to sit around the dugout area and some of the things said or shouted at times are of no help to the team. I would imagine some of the players are feeling a bit of pressure at the moment, so support is needed, they do not need or deserve too hear your words of wisdom!!

Finally, selfishly, I want to come in from the pub to see our manager closing his post match "Top man Jimbo" interview, smiling not being surly like tonight!

Edited by party politics
spelling

On 09/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Well done to Jack and James and the players. A win is a win and we got the same amount of points for scraping a win in Brechin today as we did for outclassing Dundee United at home earlier in the season.

A bit like today.....is that not three wins by 1 goal against Brechin this season ????

Wins are what we need, pretty football is a bonus for me.

A bit like today.....is that not three wins by 1 goal against Brechin this season ????
Someone behind me made the comment "we'll never win the league playing like that" when leaving ground yesterday. Think they are totally wrong, if we play as poorly and as disjointed as we were for huge periods and yet still are able to take 3 points that is as much a measure of potential champions as playing glorious football

1 hour ago, madball said:
2 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Someone behind me made the comment "we'll never win the league playing like that" when leaving ground yesterday. Think they are totally wrong, if we play as poorly and as disjointed as we were for huge periods and yet still are able to take 3 points that is as much a measure of potential champions as playing glorious football

The problem, IMO, with that view is we'll not be playing teams as pish as Brechin every week so are more likely to drop points. 

The problem, IMO, with that view is we'll not be playing teams as pish as Brechin every week so are more likely to drop points. 
Agree, but Brechin and Dumbarton definitely come to sit back and frustrate, and hope to sneak something. Every other team in the league sets out to win games and makes it more open for us to play, particularly at our ground. Livi last week out-thought and out-fought us, but that has rarely happened

14 hours ago, davidg said:

Watched the post match interview before I read this thread it was obvious Jack was not happy with a few fans. We have all heard these idiots sometimes I cringe. 

Aye, he didn't look happy at all talking to Jimbo yesterday.

There was always be an element of moaning faced bastards in any Scottish football crowd.  Moaning is the actual national sport after all.  Just need to ignore them & let the rest of the crowd get on with backing the team.

The overriding emotion yesterday for me, was one of frustration, particularly when you compare yesterday's second half performance with how well we can play and have played when it clicks.

Much like last week, the poor state of the pitch didn't help. Several times Morgan tried to run with the ball and the ball bounced all over the place as he ran, making it almost impossible to control. A lot of players didn't seem to trust the pitch and this led to hasty and often misplaced passes, when on a better surface the players may have taken a bit more responsibility, and made more penetrating runs.

However, we need to learn to adapt to this type of pitch, as we'll no doubt be playing on them for many of the games in the run in..

The bottom line is that we're in an excellent position to win the league, thanks in the main part to our excellent management team.

Some people have very short memories, and some others are simply attention seeking trolls, who just love making things up.:wink:

Edited by FTOF

I am not condoning these guys who were shouting out yesterday but its not done out of malice its out of frustration because we all know we can play so so much better than we are right now. But I understand where Jack is coming from in his anger hopefully he also knows its out of frustration. 

There are no attention seeking trolls on here. 

Just St Mirren supporters who can think for themselves and and relay original thoughts. 

And tend not to mock and abuse fellow Buddies just for having an honest opinion. 

Anyway, football players who were Fergie's Furies managed to parade their skills and talents on varying pitch surfaces. 

5 hours ago, shull said:

There are no attention seeking trolls on here. 

Just St Mirren supporters who can think for themselves and and relay original thoughts. 

And tend not to mock and abuse fellow Buddies just for having an honest opinion. 

Anyway, football players who were Fergie's Furies managed to parade their skills and talents on varying pitch surfaces. 

Unfortunately, the trolls would not recognise an original thought if it bit their bums. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS

McGarvey was waxing lyrical about Jack Ross prior to today's game, comparing what he has achieved so far to what Fergie did.
He was also praising the chairman, Fitzy and Campbell Kennedy.