Eric Arthur Blair

The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

Funny how not under pressure we get results. Funny how under pressure we struggle. It's like 2x2=4 for those who don't quite get it. Jack Ross is the man in my book. 

I hope you're right, great to get to the final but he needs to get s result on sat & hopefully get us off of the bottom then I maybe agree he's the man, I do like him though, different team now down to him & the players.

8 hours ago, ged62 said:

I hope you're right, great to get to the final but he needs to get s result on sat & hopefully get us off of the bottom then I maybe agree he's the man, I do like him though, different team now down to him & the players.

Yes let's hope the team is well up for Ayr . 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes let's hope the team is well up for Ayr . 

Jack Ross was the guy all those years ago who geed the team up in our do or die battle against Falkirk and we utterly destroyed them. He took that match completely by the scruff of the neck but more importantly in this case, he made sure that the match was won in the dressing room before it by saying the right things to the right people about what former team mates in the opposing dressing room were saying to him all week. 

That's exactly what he has to draw on this Saturday. That same spirit, that same fight. Get the players angry,  make them up for it,  show the footage of wee fatty McCall bouncing about after the 1-1 a few months the ago and his post match interview where he slaughtered us. Yes,  the personnel are different but there is still enough there to ensure we get in Ayr's faces and go at them from minute one. This is so much more than 3 points clawed back and they need to know that. It potentially sets a marker for the rest of the season. As much as I'd take it if offered right now, a scraped dodgy 1-0 or 2-1 won't do that. 

I want us to leave Somerset Park on Saturday with Ayr seriously worried about us. 

Edited by djchapsticks

The two cup games have shown that there's a fighting spirit within this squad . Now they need to show the same levels of effort and commitment in every league game . 

I firmly believe that if win on Saturday , we'll get out of this mess . 

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Jack Ross was the guy all those years ago who geed the team up in our do or die battle against Falkirk and we utterly destroyed them. He took that match completely by the scruff of the neck but more importantly in this case, he made sure that the match was won in the dressing room before it by saying the right things to the right people about what former team mates in the opposing dressing room were saying to him all week. 

That's exactly what he has to draw on this Saturday. That same spirit, that same fight. Get the players angry,  make them up for it,  show the footage of wee fatty McCall bouncing about after the 1-1 a few months the ago and his post match interview where he slaughtered us. Yes,  the personnel are different but there is still enough there to ensure we get in Ayr's faces and go at them from minute one. This is so much more than 3 points clawed back and they need to know that. It potentially sets a marker for the rest of the season. As much as I'd take it if offered right now, a scraped dodgy 1-0 or 2-1 won't do that. 

I want us to leave Somerset Park on Saturday with Ayr seriously worried about us. 

Good post mate.

Just now, munoz said:

The two cup games have shown that there's a fighting spirit within this squad . Now they need to show the same levels of effort and commitment in every league game . 

I firmly believe that if win on Saturday , we'll get out of this mess . 

Win on Saturday and we have a decent chance.

Lose and we are gone.

Saturday is going to be quite a game & atmosphere.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Win on Saturday and we have a decent chance.

Lose and we are gone.

Saturday is going to be quite a game & atmosphere.

Aye , it's pretty much win or bust . 

I'm nervous already , and it's only Tuesday . 

Well done to JR, JF and the team on another victory and another clean sheet. As well as results, and team performances we now have someone like McGinn who as well as playing well himself seems to be able to make it easier for his team mates and help them out and bring the best out in them. Earlier in the season we could see flashes of potential in a lot of the younger players like Morgan, Mallan, Magennis, McAllister but they could also be frustrating with their choices and consistency. The January signings seem to have stepped up and taken the pressure off the younger players and O'Brien has been an improvement on Langfield and Gallacher, full backs better, and with a few games under his belt Davis has looked better at centre half and McGinn looks to be the missing piece in the jigsaw in midfield.

We still have a mountain to climb to reach safety but with the January signings beginning to click it also seems to have helped someone like Morgan have a run of good games.

Well done to JR and the team today. Hoping Morgan's injury doesn't turn out to be as bad as first feared but today was a great performance and I also thought JR and the players did well to keep the head today as Ayr put in some dodgy tackles (on Mallan), a meaty late challenge after O'Brien after he spilled the ball and MacKenzie got an elbow in the face and Stellious also took a hefty challenge or two. Given the rich vein of form and number of goals he is now bagging it made good sense to take Mallan off shortly after being crunched in the middle of the pitch and send on Webster for MacKenzie as well.