The Jack Ross and James Fowler Appreciation Thread

6 hours ago, bud84 said:

Think Alex mcleish and maybe even Gordon Strachan will be further up Aberdeen's wishlist than Jack Ross, should mcinnes head for ibrox. I'd be very surprised if we're on the hunt for a new manager any time soon.

Most dons fans I've spoken to want Jack Ross in and according to there forum chat JR seems to be the popular choice amongst them.

If McInnes leaves then Its squeaky bum time I think.

44 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Most dons fans I've spoken to want Jack Ross in and according to there forum chat JR seems to be the popular choice amongst them.

If McInnes leaves then Its squeaky bum time I think.

I just can't see the dons board going for Jack Ross. 

This is probably the first time in well over a decade that Aberdeen have actually had a successful manager. Brown, skovdahl, mcghee, and whoever else has managed them in the last 15 or 20 years haven't done very well and been punted after a season or 2. 

If Mcinnes leaves,  he's leaving them in  a far better state than any other time they've been looking for a new manager so the job will look a far better prospect to other managers out there just now than it was any other time they've been on the hunt in the last 20 years. 

I think the Calibre of candidate applying will be even greater than it has been and although jacks done a cracking job so far I don't think he comes close to some of the guys out there at the minute. 

With Aberdeen receiving compensation as well it allows then not to go for a cheap option or even someone already out of work,  Tommy Wright is probably even a better option than jack is just now, purely based on experience of the league and the fact he's won a Scottish Cup 

I think if Mcinnes goes then it'll be Tommy Wright to Aberdeen. What he's done on St Johnstones budget is fantastic. On that note I doubt St Johnstone would have the budget to tempt Jack Ross if that happened.

Given time and support, I believe Jack could do with St Mirren what Tommy Wright has done with St Johnstone!

The Perth lot are a very well run club and support their managers.

I also believe they will have a much bigger budget than us at present, so I wouldn't get complacent if you thought that was a main factor.

Given time and support, I believe Jack could do with St Mirren what Tommy Wright has done with St Johnstone!

The Perth lot are a very well run club and support their managers.

I also believe they will have a much bigger budget than us at present, so I wouldn't get complacent if you thought that was a main factor.

I think you're right about Jack ross and St Mirren. He has all the credentials. Wright is maybe just slightly more aberdeen ready.

As for St Johnstones budget. I think you'd be surprised. Last season they had second lowest in the whole SPL and this season won't be much different. They've been punching above for a while and it's a credit to how the clubs run. Would they break their budget and pay comp for ross then whatever his wage demand is? Would ross want to go under those constraints bearing in mind he couldn't be tempted by Dundee in the summer who have a much bigger budget? Maybe but I don't think so.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

McInnes says that managers have a better chance of success at a stable club.

I take it that is a none too cryptic knock back for sevco, then:lol:

Looks like Jack isn't going anywhere:)

As I have said already , McInnes would be mad to go to sevco and I really don't think the guy is that stupid . McInnes should be well aware of what is happening at sevco, perhaps , Perdro didn't know until he got there . .

f**k'em

On 10/30/2017 at 7:10 AM, JJ McG said:

Aberdeen will be all over JR when McInnes goes to rangers this week.

Rangers can't afford the compensation for McInnes. They lost £6.7m last year, have just paid off Pedro and a few coaches and would need to pay £800k compensation to land McInnes and King still hasn't offered to buy the shares as pr the court ruling. plus after paying £800k to Aberdeen they would need to find new money to pay McInnes and whatever team he brings.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rangers can't afford the compensation for McInnes. They lost £6.7m last year, have just paid off Pedro and a few coaches and would need to pay £800k compensation to land McInnes and King still hasn't offered to buy the shares as pr the court ruling. plus after paying £800k to Aberdeen they would need to find new money to pay McInnes and whatever team he brings.

Seemingly they are just managing to tick over with interest free loans. Absolute shambles of a club. McInnes would need his head examined if he moved there.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Seemingly they are just managing to tick over with interest free loans. Absolute shambles of a club. McInnes would need his head examined if he moved there.

After being liquidated 5 years ago and bringing in £30m in a share issue and selling out Ibrox for 4 seasons in the lower leagues they have already spent the £30m raised and owe their directors £16m already. 

Anybody who turns down the Sevco Job needs their head examined.

EASY FECKING MONEY

Wee Pedro has just walked away with a £500,000 payoff for failing.

As well as the monthly salary he was picking up since he arrived.

Managers become absolutely fecking loaded by mutually consenting all the way through their careers.

McInnes is a shite Manager and utter fecking tedious when getting interviewed by the Media.

He should grab the chance to make a million at Ibrox while he can.

Probably do it in a year before he is mutually consented.

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

McInnes is an articulate young man and a very talented manager.

Absolutely no surprise that you choose to not recognise this.

What an unbelievable Post above. 

He may be articulate bit he is very boring. 

Derek Ferguson is inarticulate but is the top boy and very exciting to listen to on OPEN AW MICS. 

McInnes may be talented but probably only in Lower League or Junior Football. 

Wouldn't have him anywhere near as Boss of my beloved Club. 

PRAYING HE GOES TO SEVCO. 

:lol:

The one thing that always cheers me up , is that Even if Sevco went for Pep they would fail, as they would have to use the next 10 years of season tickets to have any kind of team....

Agree with Shull, I don't rate McInnes  either, geez he lost out to Ronnie Delia and Alex Rae is even better than him!!! 

14 hours ago, DougJamie said:

The one thing that always cheers me up , is that Even if Sevco went for Pep they would fail, as they would have to use the next 10 years of season tickets to have any kind of team....

Agree with Shull, I don't rate McInnes  either, geez he lost out to Ronnie Delia and Alex Rae is even better than him!!! 

Aberdeen are having the best time they have had in many a  year under McInnes or am i being whoooshed also.