St Mirren v Dundee United Championship 15/10/16

shull

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

D. undee Utknow home, Morton away then Hi. bs away. That's our 3 remaining games in October. Surely we won't be going into November still looking for our first league win...

1-1 here.

I'm thinking a draw too, but you never kniw I*

*never know with the Saints

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 11:11 AM, MotherwellSaint said:

hopefully can get first league win of the season hopefully getting my mates season ticket and ill be able to go

C'mon Bud, release the shekels.

Edited by Pepé Le Pew

Because we are playing far better with Rae away. Manager of the months team a og to grab a point after wining 4 games on the bounce. Hibs away we won. New manager plus new found confidence. Still seething at Ross getting the job are we ?

Nothing that happens with St Mirren will make me seething, it's just football.

We haven't won a league game all season. Maybe we will win on Saturday, but we certainly won't be favourites. Dundee Utd have a significantly larger budget than ourselves and are a better team with better players. A draw wouldn't be a bad result at all.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

We haven't won a league game all season. Maybe we will win on Saturday, but we certainly won't be favourites. Dundee Utd have a significantly larger budget than ourselves and are a better team with better players. A draw wouldn't be a bad result at all.

We are pretty much 3s to win on saturday ive stuck couple sheckels on that and both to score saints win at 7s 

United seem to be taking their time to adapt and we will be fired up with the new manager / assistant manager team making their debut.

Add to that:

• we've just beaten hibs
  • new management team will be boosted by Alan McManus agreeing to continue to help with first team coaching
  • we are at home
  • there is good chance that st mirren park will be bouncing (in terms of atmosphere etc)
  • the players seem up for it

All of this turns a likely draw into a what should be a crucial turnaround victory!

So a 2-1 victory and Saints coming off the bottom of the table is my prediction :)

Agree with you regarding budget and the bookies have a great price on Saints for a reason. United manager said today in the press we are in a false position and make no mistake there is a good squad there. We are growing in confidence that's why I feel we could win this game add United not setting the Heather on fire will have me put a few bob on Saints.

6 Aug   Dundee Utd   1 - 1  Queen of South
13 Aug  Dumbarton  1 - 0   Dundee Utd    
20 Aug   Dundee Utd   3 - 0  Ayr Utd 
27 Aug   Dundee Utd   2 - 2  Raith Rovers 
10 Sep  Dunfermline  1 - 3   Dundee Utd   
17 Sep  Falkirk  3 - 1   Dundee Utd   
24 Sep   Dundee Utd   2 - 1  Morton 
2 Oct  Hibernian  1 - 1   Dundee Utd

United are definitely a different prospect at home, compared to on their travels.  They beat The Pars but that was the game where Bell saved 3 penalties. They stuck in to get a point at Easter Road but were well beat by Falkirk.

McKinnon quite complimentary of the Buddies - Bell, Flood and Odebayi could return. 

I'm still thinking draw at the moment.   

Think there will be a few goals today - was speaking to United fan and while they are good going forward they are hopeless at the back. Think I'll go for 3-2 to the Buds 

No way will they score 2 if Jack Baird plays like he has the last two weeks alongside Mackenzie and Ross helps Naismith develop his defensive side.

8501028fe6433e980def2229020ae6a4.jpg

Hopefully be able to listen to this on the boat.

Despite the result last week, we need a far better team performance. We won't get away with how sloppy our passing was, every week. We won that game by some stuffy defending and forcing Hibs into mistakes high up the pitch.

I hope that we continue the high pressing we carried out towards the end of the game last week, as exemplified by Clarkson and Hutton, especially if the Utd team are shaky at the back. Ideally get the ball forward then force the mistakes in their half.

A 1-1 draw seems a sensible result, but a lot hinges on what mood our defence is in along with the work-rate of the rest of the team.

Langfield

Naismith

MacKenzie

Baird

Irvine

Walsh

Quinn

Hutton

Clarkson

Morgan

Sutton