St Mirren v Dundee United Championship 15/10/16

shull

FT 0-2

Yet another hopeless performance to add to the collection, well beaten in the end. No new manager bounce for us and yet more distance between us and the safety of 8th place.

No surprise really. Couldn't believe the amount of people who predicted us to win today prematch. Seeking comfort in delusion I guess.

I remember reading at the start of the season here and elsewhere that it will be fine when we get MacKenzie and Quinn back. f**k me they're both hopeless, we were better off without them. MacKenzie sold the second goal with more comedy defending and was shaky throughout, and Quinn was his usual ghost like self. He'd pop up every 20 minutes or so and you'd be like, oh yeah, Rocco's playing.

With Hibs away next time out, the situation is beginning to look more and more desperate.

FT 0-2

Yet another hopeless performance to add to the collection, well beaten in the end. No new manager bounce for us and yet more distance between us and the safety of 8th place.

No surprise really. Couldn't believe the amount of people who predicted us to win today prematch. Seeking comfort in delusion I guess.

I remember reading at the start of the season here and elsewhere that it will be fine when we get MacKenzie and Quinn back. f**k me they're both hopeless, we were better off without them. MacKenzie sold the second goal with more comedy defending and was shaky throughout, and Quinn was his usual ghost like self. He'd pop up every 20 minutes or so and you'd be like, oh yeah, Rocco's playing.

With Hibs way next time out, the situation is beginning to look more and more desperate.

We created more chances today than I have seen all season. Yes not good to lose but there are shoots to build on. Stop being Mr Negative.

I feel sorry for Ross. 

What a horrendous job he has to turn that absolutely hopeless Team into a success. 

He would need to get rid of that whole Squad by January. 

Especially completely shite players like Langfield, Naismith, McKenzie, Mallan, Shankland, Sutton and a few more. 

f**king dross the lot of them. 

Get them all to f**k. 

Some on twitter talking of an improved performance and being unlucky today. Not for me, another poor performance with no creativity or cutting edge, and laced with basic errors.

Thought Dundee United were pish as well today, but like every other outfit, just need to turn up at the 2021 to cruise to 3 points. JR has his work cut out.

I thought it was a massive improvement today, but that just highlights how bad we were under Rae. 

We we set out in a much more positive manor, everything we did including solid 50/50 challenges. 

But for me the game started to turn once Langfield tried to play quarterback with his kick outs. He thinks he's the dugs baws but he's shite at kicking. We should try play it short or just kick it down the middle to Sutton. 

In the end, United were comfortable winners. Even if we had scored I got the feeling they could up it and go get another. 

Pass marks for most players despite the result. 

Must try harder for McKenzie and Naismith though. 

WTF has happened to our right back that used to bomb up and down the park. Even after strolling to an advanced position he's so lacklustre in getting back. 

Overall feeling a bit more optimistic, the more time JR has with the players the better we'll get IMO. 

Edited by davidg

Basic errors all over the park however we did create chances today but difficult to see who we can bring in to stop the mistakes. Langfield is a confidence sucking bomb scare. Games against the bottom half are going to dictate our fate despite the deluded thinking Ross could steer us towards the play offs.

A better performance today, but need to cut out stupid mistakes at the back. Created far more today than in previous games I've seen, and were more competitive in 50/50 balls.

Hutton, Baird, Mallan, Morgan & Shankland our best on the day. Clarkson should have done better with a couple of decent chances.

Hardie looked good in possession, until the final ball - wasn't his day. Sutton won his fair share of flick ons but not involved enough other than that.

I'm optimistic we can start picking up points - if we can cut out the suicidal defensive errors.

Huge improvement from the shite we watched under Rae. We actually closed down well in the first half but ran out of steam as you could not keep that up for 90 mins. Could easily have been 2 up before they scored. Mallan was having a great game but Hardie kept shooting straight at the keeper. He has to be dropped next week for Shanks. Disappointing to lose as I thought we deserved a draw. But as I said a big improvement from hoofball.

Not a great second half but for me there was encouraging signs today, certainly more fight and determination.

What's happened to Jason Naismith? Absolute shadow of his old self, he looked like a lost wee boy out there today and was miles off the pace.

We really need to start picking up wins and quickly.

Seen improvement from nearly everyone today. Hutton tried his best and while there was still a lot of clumsy play from him there was some dig as well. I think Walsh should start ahead of Hardie (who I thought was very wasteful today and was one of the poorer performers).

Shankland looked good when he came on and was unlucky with that shot the keeper reacted fantastically too put round the post

McKenzie had looked quite good until his Suicide Squad moment for No2.

Hope for the future is definitely there - as we looked like a team that could do something going forward in spells.

Baby steps and all that...

I thought it was a big improvement in terms of how the team went forward, much more direct. If we continue to play in that manner I think we'll climb out of trouble. Feel bad for saying it, but as others have said I also think Naismith was very poor. Slow and indecisive throughout, not the player he was before his injury. I hope he can improve, but if not needs to be dropped. Thought Irvine was superb today, Hutton and Mallan both greatly improved. Personally I'd like to see Ross give Sutton and Clarkson a few games up front together as I think defences wouldn't like having to deal with them both. Walsh should be starting too.

Certainly there is a bit of hope...

We created more chances today than I have seen all season. Yes not good to lose but there are shoots to build on. Stop being Mr Negative.

Really? What chances?

I thought we had one clear cut chance all game. Clarkson's late on when he dragged it wide when were already 2 down.

Apart from that we had a good few tame efforts from outside the box and Hardie had a half chance from Suttons knock down first half... ?