Jack Ross will come good

11 minutes ago, div said:

I've read some comical stuff on here over the years but the last couple of pages is absolute gold!

Apparently teams don't need managers and Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson were tactically clueless.

I honestly can't breathe!

To be fair though , with the vast experience one of the posters has in the game , it's difficult to argue with him . 

I've read some comical stuff on here over the years but the last couple of pages is absolute gold!

Apparently teams don't need managers and Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson were tactically clueless.

Where did you read that?

You know for a man tasked with improving communications at the club you seem to have some serious issues with communication yourself.

My point has been simple. If you recruit the right players, with ambition, desire and a will to get the job done, then a managers job becomes much easier. They even get to take credit for it. There's loads of examples. One of the most obvious in recent years being Scott Parkers half time team talk for West Ham who were losing 3-0 to WBA. Avram Grants side came back to draw 3-3 that day.

I'd imagine anyone in here who has worked in a team will be able to cite examples of shite managers we've worked for. However unlike in football we'll all have still got the job done. After all when there is a bonus up for grabs blaming the manager for your failure to get it isn't going to pay the bills.

It seems to be unique to football where customers readily accept and forgive players for "downing tools" in order to get a manager sacked. When in reality what it shows is that you have a squad of lazy individuals who are looking for someone or something to blame for their failures.

20 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Have a look at the Dundalk squad Drew. Most of the lads are Irish. The big name in their squad is Rangers reject Dean Shiels. Yet their ripping up the Europa League and dominating their domestic league. Stephen Kenny, like Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough quite simply know their football and can find players with the right attitude. Neither Fergie or Cloughie were renowned for their tactical nous, we're they?

I don't think Fergie would had the recent success without tactical nous

Clough was a lot more clever than he made out

He kept it simple and his sides did zonal marking way back in the 70s and 80s

On 10/20/2016 at 0:25 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

McManus was always a lazy shite as a player though and often disruptive too. Kernaghan was a fairly limited boss backed at Clyde by Billy Reid. I don't think Kernaghans success or failure relied on how he talked to players.

Frank McAvennie tells the story of Alex Millers first day as St Mirren manager where Miller turned up in Rangers training gear. McAvennie claims he alienated at least half the squad, yet McAvennie stayed and performed for Miller for several years after in a St Mirren side that regularly finished in the top six.

Far from it being managers "losing the dressing room" the biggest problem is players who have no professionalism, no ambition and who lack a winners mentality

Macca had it out with him though

Miller to his credit took it on board

Players that he alienated as you put it were the high earners which Miller had to get rid off pressure from the Board

Players have now too much power that is true nowadays

9 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Macca had it out with him though

Miller to his credit took it on board

Players that he alienated as you put it were the high earners which Miller had to get rid off pressure from the Board

Players have now too much power that is true nowadays

You say that but McAvennie still talks about Miller like his was the biggest arsehole and the worst manager he ever came across in the game - or at least he was 4 years ago when I last spoke to him. Players have always had too much power. McGarvey for example talks about his time at St Mirren where Alex Ferguson threatened to discipline him and to ensure that he never played for the club again. McGarvey went to Willie Todd, who had known about Liverpool interest in McGarvey, and Todd apparently forced Ferguson into a climb down. 

7 hours ago, div said:

Stephen Kenny is just like Clough and Ferguson apparently...it's comedy gold.

:lol:

You say that but McAvennie still talks about Miller like his was the biggest arsehole and the worst manager he ever came across in the game - or at least he was 4 years ago when I last spoke to him. Players have always had too much power. McGarvey for example talks about his time at St Mirren where Alex Ferguson threatened to discipline him and to ensure that he never played for the club again. McGarvey went to Willie Todd, who had known about Liverpool interest in McGarvey, and Todd apparently forced Ferguson into a climb down. 

You write the biggest shite I have ever read.

On 20 October 2016 at 11:10 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

He had successful teams, as did Clough ie but I'd reckon that the majority of their success came from good player recruitment and good man management rather than tactical ability. I'm ready to be proved wrong but I can't remember a single game where a tactical switch by either of those managers was credited for a win.

I watched on Monday as Ryan Giggs said that the only tactic Man U used against Liverpool was to play the ball long in the first half and to play it shorter in the second when space started to open up. Really simple but effective stuff.

To a certain extent I would probably agree with you, but I can recall more than a few occasions when Fergie made dramatic tactical changes when he was Aberdeen boss. Most notably when his dons side were up against either of the old firm teams.

Perhaps he was more of a motivator type who knew how to get the best out of his players. But for me I think we do him a slight disservice by underestimating his tactical nous.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Ross we all know has his work cut out but we have to continue to back him and the team. Four things are standing out like a sore thumb and need fixing asap

1. We need a keeper
2. We need a left back
3. Naismith needs to be benched his confidence is shot
4. Sutton has got to be our number 1 striker

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Jack Ross we all know has his work cut out but we have to continue to back him and the team. Four things are standing out like a sore thumb and need fixing asap

1. We need a keeper
2. We need a left back
3. Naismith needs to be benched his confidence is shot
4. Sutton has got to be our number 1 striker

We need a strong midfield.

Without an engine you will achieve feck all

This has been glaring since the first game of the season

This is Nov and nothing has been done about it

Everyone can see the shortcomings in midfield . The previous manager had the opportunity during the close season and up to the transfer window closing to do something about it and chose not to . Jack Ross is having to live with that decision .
You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear .

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

& btw , the reason nothing is being done about it now is all that is left out there is the free agents.......& generally speaking , they are free agents for a reason !!

Well Andy Murdoch was signed outside the window and his arrival has made a big difference to the unwashed

Gavin Gunning also

I would bet you there's plenty out there who are far better than the wasters we have

13 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Everyone can see the shortcomings in midfield . The previous manager had the opportunity during the close season and up to the transfer window closing to do something about it and chose not to . Jack Ross is having to live with that decision .
You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear .

Alex Rae might say he sent Gordon out on loan to free up some money to bring in a midfielder and was sacked after completing the first half of that plan... and with having McManus as interim manager and Ross coming in and assessing the squad we have gone through 5 more league games with interim / new management teams after Rae was sacked where the new guys in charge will feel they have to give everyone a chance (or be seen to) before getting rid of players and bringing new ones in.

However bad we were in the first 6 league games I don't think that if Rae was still in charge we would only have taken 1 point from the last 5 games.

"You can shove that up your arse !" - Non-disclosure agreement. The truth will come out.

You populist lunatics have taken over the asylum. See how long your happy f**king clapping and "We'll be fine" lasts. The club is f**ked. Didn't take long.

The only things missing from this being a recreation of 91/92 is Mark f**king Reid and/or Jim B*attie at left-back. If you are young enough to think "Who ?"....then imagine Jimmy Savile giving you a bed bath every weekend. Yes. It was a great season. 

The new BoD had one big decision to make and by f**king God they have f**ked it up. 

It's the fans who have lost confidence.

The players are just bereft of talent. but have nice hair and sexy boots.

Has Mr Blobby been sent back to Aberdeen yet ?

A disgraceful so called professional.