Jack Ross will come good

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If we can beat Ayr, that would be three wins on the trot and keep us in with a chance of moving off the bottom against Morton on Hogmanay. I would believe in Ross's plan, and potential if we could achieve that. Every game is massive for us now, we need to be able to show we can press and keep teams under pressure to carry on winning, and picking up points.

oh how good it would be going into the derby game feeling it could be the start of another seventeen years of domination?

Come On YOU Saints...! 

(Not feckin Ye Saints... WTF is that all about?)

If we beat Ayr we will have a team with confidence and hunger. No bad thing to go into the United game who TopCat says is very ( very average) 

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on P&B from earlier in the week.  Seems the prevalent view amongst Alloa supporters.  Just saying...

On 21/12/2016 at 1:32 AM, ATLIS said:

Why have Alloa faded so much this season? Was losing Ross to St Mirren that bad?

You're closer to the relegation playoffs than us and the same distance as automatic relegation

I believe the job that Jack Ross did was superb and that his departure was a massive blow to Alloa. He put together a very good squad and got them playing a formation and style that suited their talents. More than that, his man management skills were (IMO) crucial. That was a team absolutely brimming with confidence and loving their football. There are guys there who fans of previous clubs said were talented but perhaps inconsistent. They looked like world beaters every week under Ross at Alloa. Others who have been plagued by injuries were playing every week. Not entirely a coincidence IMO with confidence and feel good factor. 

• 5 weeks later...

I think yesterdays result showed what we can do and what Jack can do as a manager when he's able to bring in his own players. This should give us confidence going into next week's game. With Mallan potentially out the door this week it looks as if we can strengthen the squad even further with the cash we get for him. I think we'll catch and overtake Ayr and Dumbarton in the next 6 weeks.

5 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

He certainly does and as predicted when was able to get his own men in we see an improvement almost instantly.

One swallow does not a summer make but it is a great start and good to feel less depressed on a football note.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

One swallow does not make a great hooker not a summer make but it is a great start and good to feel less depressed on a football note.

Agreed but we've seen a steady improvement since the start of December and the new guys will hopefully make us improve on that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jack Ross has brought the club and fans a lot closer since he came in, something that was severely lacking before, what a difference the manager has made to the whole mood and vibe about the club :)

Jack Ross is the man to bring the good times back, a class act. 

I agree, and I think if he does get us safe it will be the greatest achievement since Fergie days...............

No bunting just yet we still need another 4 wins I reckon that could take us 8th, but the one thing the last 5 games have shown us is that we are far better on the front foot and when we take our chances- 3 on target 3 goals is some stat... 

Our recent form in all comps WWWLLDW, 10 points out of last 5 games puts us top of League on the form book, basically same again we are safe

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2017 at 7:16 PM, dr rotund said:

Jack Ross is continuing to come good. We are the form team in the division and i can see us being safe before the Hibs game at the end of the season. We'll finish above 9th that's a cert!

Yep it's just as well fans ain't managers, well done Jack!

35 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

I'm so pleased that Jack has proved his doubters wrong, those had us dead and buried without a hope.

They're still waiting in the wings waiting to come out with a few told you so's. 

Lets hope that they remain in the wings.