Assistant

29 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Could he be this season's Mark 'Mavis' Reilly and help protect the back 4 allowing the likes of young Mallan to find his form again. ;-)

It certainly adds a bit of spice to the appointment. I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks if JR intends to play him. Incredibly shrewd if it works out!

16 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Fowler played 90 minutes as a holding midfielder for Stirling last Saturday. They won 2-0 at Cowdenbeath.

16 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

Could he be this season's Mark 'Mavis' Reilly and help protect the back 4 allowing the likes of young Mallan to find his form again. ;-)

Again I ask. Is this possible before January? Is it different for a "player /coach" as opposed to just a player signing outwith the transfer window?

Again I ask. Is this possible before January? Is it different for a "player /coach" as opposed to just a player signing outwith the transfer window?

AFAIK it is possible however the club would first have to apply to the SPFL board to have the application considered and approved and there's no automatic guarantee of a favourable decision.

They SPL has done similar before with players who were released from their contracts after clubs hadn't paid them because of financial difficulties. I'm not sure if it's been done before with players moving clubs to coach.