Let's get together and build a crowd!

On Saturday 15 October I am taking along my Grand daughter,  her boyfriend and an Abu Dhabi young man, all of whom are studying at Strathclyde. I also hope to have my elder son and my grandson there. My younger son will be there if back from a family holiday. Who can you take along or persuade to come along? Irrespective of the result, this is a new St Mirren. (By the way my grand daughter's middle name is Mirren ).

Edited by St.Ricky

Il be in attendance - 2nd time this season - travelling up from Warrington with friend who is visiting from Arnheim in Holland and 2 Liverpool fans - 2 Evertonians and Man U fan ( 4 of them attending Saints for the first time!) it's lager for breakfast on the Virgin 10-27am from Bank Quay

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

On Saturday 15 October I am taking along my Grand daughter,  her boyfriend and an Abu Dhabi young man, all of whom are studying at Strathclyde. I also hope to have my elder son and my grandson there. My younger son will be there if back from a family holiday. Who can you take along or persuade to come along? Irrespective of the result, this is a new St Mirren. (By the way my grand daughter's middle name is Mirren ).

I like the cut of your jib St.Ricky if there is ever a time for all supporters of St Mirren to come together and back the team it's now.

I also have a daughter with the middle name Mirren :D 

COYS - Back the Buds

Away on a family holiday but passing my season tickets onto Celtic supporting brother in law and my wee nephew who plays for St Mirren. They are both looking forward to it. :-)

Very disappointed not to be attending but excited by the new regime and can see a real upturn in the vibe amongst the fans in the stands. Less worse times are just round the corner. :-)

I think we might win this one. :-)

Good thread, I think the board should also use this game as springboard, I'm talking a rake of school tickets, discount in adult tickets to say £10-£15 pound. Perhaps a ST holder bring a friend thing, an open doors day at the 1877 bar where yer match tickets get's you entry numbers permitting. Get the new manager and some players out and about one or two afternoons with a few balls Fergie style, talk to the locals encourage them to come along. The BOD and commercial department ought to be working overtime to ensure we get folk through the turnstyles. Then in front of a full house play like a team, get our first league win and booom we are back.

2 minutes ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

Good thread, I think the board should also use this game as springboard, I'm talking a rake of school tickets, discount in adult tickets to say £10-£15 pound. Perhaps a ST holder bring a friend thing, an open doors day at the 1877 bar where yer match tickets get's you entry numbers permitting. Get the new manager and some players out and about one or two afternoons with a few balls Fergie style, talk to the locals encourage them to come along. The BOD and commercial department ought to be working overtime to ensure we get folk through the turnstyles. Then in front of a full house play like a team, get our first league win and booom we are back.

I like it.

The boy and I will be there as usual. My mate - who used to go to the games with me - is just back from a few years in the US - I'm working on him. One of my other mates is a kid on united fan - will try to get him to go as first step in conversion process.

Maybe see if my son can talk his uncle around too. [emoji3]

Feel good factor is back - I'm looking forward to this! [emoji5]

I drove down from Arrochar on Saturday picked up 2 mates and went to Easter Road.On the journey through we talked about attending this game as it was only the irn bru bar cup.It mattered not a jot when we seen our team fighting and scrapping for every ball.Winning was so important for team spirit and i,m sure we will be out the traps with a new found gusto on Saturday against United.

I,m fired up for this one and the drive down from Arrochar will be a different one from Saturday past.I,m buzzing for this one.

Come on you Saints.

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:

I drove down from Arrochar on Saturday picked up 2 mates and went to Easter Road.On the journey through we talked about attending this game as it was only the irn bru bar cup.It mattered not a jot when we seen our team fighting and scrapping for every ball.Winning was so important for team spirit and i,m sure we will be out the traps with a new found gusto on Saturday against United.

I,m fired up for this one and the drive down from Arrochar will be a different one from Saturday past.I,m buzzing for this one.

Come on you Saints.

:unsure:

Arrochar is VERY northend.

And I thought Gockston was remote...

3 hours ago, billyg said:

No such thing as building a crowd unfortunately , historically crowds will remain about the same until there are signs of improvement. If the product on the park is right , then the sky's the limit !

Yeah I'd agree with that. We will get at most a few hundred back on Saturday but I do think the School holidays will knock a bit off the gate.

Material increases will only happen if/when the team is playing good football, scoring goals and winning football matches and/or the prices come down.

The latter seems unlikely to happen so we have to hope for the former.

Apart from a couple of brief flurries under Lennon (the start of the season where we brought in Teale, Thommo and Hasselbaink and the immediate aftermath of the League Cup semi final win when we won a few home games) it's fair to say I don't think any of us have really "enjoyed" our football in the "new" stadium.

For the most part it's been absolutely turgid and the fact there are still over 2000 of us with season tickets given that we've been shite at home for almost 8 years now is really quite amazing!

Good to see positivity filtering through to the B&W site................. it's amazing to see the Facebook Supporters' site at times where you get a plethora of negativity intermingled with posters who want to swear and shout at the team (and other posters) just 'cause they can.

In saying that I think the Facebook site has something to offer. Kids, presumably half-controlled by their parents, have access and do post, and any aspect of support or encouragement to participate should be welcomed. Also it seems that there are quite a number of members who are foreign based, so maybe they find FB a better medium than this site which often disintegrates into a personal slanging match which goes off-piste all too often!:o

Not sure of the number of signed up members in the B&W forum but the FB site has in excess of 3,300 members. So it has relevance and it pains occasionally so-called fans hounding others and also being sooooooooo negative. Many haven't got long memories or know what it is to be a long-suffering Saints supporter, i.e. take the rough with the smooth and continue with the faith. Hopefully they will learn and stick with it.

I like your style St. Ricky!!

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

Good to see positivity filtering through to the B&W site................. it's amazing to see the Facebook Supporters' site at times where you get a plethora of negativity intermingled with posters who want to swear and shout at the team (and other posters) just 'cause they can.

In saying that I think the Facebook site has something to offer. Kids, presumably half-controlled by their parents, have access and do post, and any aspect of support or encouragement to participate should be welcomed. Also it seems that there are quite a number of members who are foreign based, so maybe they find FB a better medium than this site which often disintegrates into a personal slanging match which goes off-piste all too often!:o

Not sure of the number of signed up members in the B&W forum but the FB site has in excess of 3,300 members. So it has relevance and it pains occasionally so-called fans hounding others and also being sooooooooo negative. Many haven't got long memories or know what it is to be a long-suffering Saints supporter, i.e. take the rough with the smooth and continue with the faith. Hopefully they will learn and stick with it.

I like your style St. Ricky!!

We have just under 8,000 members here on B&W Army.

A lot less than that are active on the site however. A LOT less.