SMISA Board Rep Elections

div

34 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Personally I believe David Nicol deserves to be given the next year in the role and he's just finding his feet.

Although - I feel strongly we should have another member as well.

Inclined to agree on both counts.

David has been heavily involved in the takeover process, so brings his experience of that (along with other attributes, I don't doubt). I think it would be appropriate, though, for someone who is not so enmeshed in the initiative to introduce some fresh ideas, and perhaps a degree of autonomous/representative scrutiny.

Agreed Drew.

I however believe that anyone that's putting themselves forward should have to do so at a meeting of SMISA members where they speak and give the reasons that they should be appointed to the board. That way people who don't know the person concerned can listen and make an informed decision.

Just because Joe Blogs is a nice guy and goes to all the games doesn't automatically qualify for board membership.

2 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Agreed Drew.

I however believe that anyone that's putting themselves forward should have to do so at a meeting of SMISA members where they speak and give the reasons that they should be appointed to the board. That way people who don't know the person concerned can listen and make an informed decision.

Just because Joe Blogs is a nice guy and goes to all the games doesn't automatically qualify for board membership.

Good idea there, it may however be a bit unfair to someone who has all the right credentials and for whatever reason cannot stand up in front of a large crowd and put themselves across properly.

I'd hope David puts his name up for election. At this moment I think continuity is important and he seems to have gelled well with the rest of the board.

I do also think though that there will hopefully be some outstanding candidates and maybe this will lead to more than one being elected on to the board.

36 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Good idea there, it may however be a bit unfair to someone who has all the right credentials and for whatever reason cannot stand up in front of a large crowd and put themselves across properly.

At the very least , a "pen picture" of the applicants on the SMISA site, putting their case to the voting members.

55 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

At the very least , a "pen picture" of the applicants on the SMISA site, putting their case to the voting members.

50 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Like any election I would hope all candidates would produce a profile of their background and its relevance to the position and what they would hope to achieve if they get into office.

Re: your above posts, those points are addressed as part of the nomination process, so all interested parties will have the opportunity to read up on the candidates. I think it would be a sign of a healthy, forward looking society (1877 Society) if there are a few people who put themselves forward as a candidate.

May i suggest that Tam McGarry is named as a director posthumously for a season in recognision of his contribution to our club.His wife is continuing his SMISA membership and as a founder member of the 1877 club and one of our greatest ever fans i feel it would be a fitting tribute.

May i suggest that Tam McGarry is named as a director posthumously for a season in recognision of his contribution to our club.His wife is continuing his SMISA membership and as a founder member of the 1877 club and one of our greatest ever fans i feel it would be a fitting tribute.

Seconded, a great idea Ian.

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:

Great idea indeed. 

I would like to include my Dad, Uncle and also my Grandfather as Directors posthumously also. 

Outstanding St Mirren supporters along with many others, sadly not with us. 

Surely Stuart Dickson will put himself forward. He has hunners of great ideas.

I have, but nope I won't be putting myself forward. As I said in the summer apart from the fact no-one would be likely to vote for me, I also work nightshift and that would make it difficult to attend meeting etc.

I'll be voting for the candidate who pledges to focus particularly on developing club links to the community