Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
div

SMISA Board Rep Elections

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, shull said:

Great idea indeed. 

I would like to include my Dad, Uncle and also my Grandfather as Directors posthumously also. 

Outstanding St Mirren supporters along with many others, sadly not with us. 

Did your dads son play for St Mirren ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, civilsaint said:

Without being too insensitive, how does one measure a "greatest fan"?

Very hard to measure i would say. In my mind there is no greatest fan, plenty of great fans though. And to be fair to Northend Saint, he did state one of our greatest ever fans.

Edited by buddiecat
text addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davidg said:

I don't think it's a route we should go down IMHO, plenty of great fans over the years who are sadly no longer with us. We shouldn't single out individuals who are no longer with us, we're all in the buddies and we've all lost someone who we consider great fans. Where do we stop? 

Guys like Tam McGarry and Toshie should definitely be remembered in some way though. A small memorial garden or something similar could be created to remember all fans who we've lost over the years. we've plenty of room and would brighten the place up.

Suppose the brick kinda does that just now?

Have to agree.

Singling out specific former fans could be a bit divisive.

Did GLS not make reference recently to plans surrounding some form of memorial facility or space at the club?

Maybe I misheard that. If not, that would be a good option whereby departed players and supporters could be remembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drew said:

Have to agree.

Did GLS not make reference recently to plans surrounding some form of memorial facility or space at the club?

 

Not sure, haven't heard that but think it would be worth considering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic. 

I think a lot of people will struggle to have a strong opinion on who should be voted onto the board. 

I'd like to see the current SMISA board and possibly GLS come make the decision between them. I'd trust this decision initially. 

After their 2 years are up the SMISA members vote based on performance to re-elect or nominate a fresh board member. 

I love the fact we get a say but I would struggle to vote on someone based on a CV. SMISA board have done a decent job so far, I'd trust them to put the right man in the chair. 

Edited by davidg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, civilsaint said:

Without being too insensitive, how does one measure a "greatest fan"?

We are all St Mirren fans now and mostly through the generations of our families. 

All outstanding supporters without exception. 

There is no competition and no rank should be pulled by any. 

I would loved to have played for St Mirren but unfortunately wasn't good enough. 

Doesn't mean I deserved to be subject of a cheap shot from an equal and fellow St Mirren fan. 

We are all St Mirren. 

Edited by shull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davidg said:

Back on topic. 

I think a lot of people will struggle to have a strong opinion on who should be voted onto the board. 

I'd like to see the current SMISA board and possibly GLS come make the decision between them. I'd trust this decision initially. 

After their 2 years are up the SMISA members vote based on performance to re-elect or nominate a fresh board member. 

I love the fact we get a say but I would struggle to vote on someone based on a CV. SMISA have done a decent job so far, if trust them to put the right man in the chair. 

That's true. I know most peoples opinions on here through their aliases, but not through their real name or by their faces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have to agree.

Singling out specific former fans could be a bit divisive.

Did GLS not make reference recently to plans surrounding some form of memorial facility or space at the club?

Maybe I misheard that. If not, that would be a good option whereby departed players and supporters could be remembered.



I remember that being mentioned just around the time we moved. If I remember rightly, it was going to be near the area which is fenced off in the car park. They were wanting community groups or volunteers to help maintain it. Take it must have been put on a back burner when Gordon left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shull said:

We are all St Mirren fans now and and mostly through the generations of our families. 

All outstanding supporters without exception. 

There is no competition and no rank should be pulled by any

I would loved to have played for St Mirren but unfortunately wasn't good enough. 

Doesn't mean I deserved to be subject of a cheap shot from an equal and fellow St Mirren fan. 

We are all St Mirren. 

Hoi! Speak for yourself! Some of us are just customers - and damned brilliant ones at that! :rolleyes:

I get where Ian is coming from. I didn't know his mate but when a close friend dies you want opportunities to remember them. Personally it makes no odds to me at all if someone or loads of people were to be made posthumous board members. I don't really see the point, but then also I don't really see what harm it would do either. 

I've got to admit though that I think memorials are that bit more poignant when it's fitting for the person who passed away. For example when you go Shull I'd hope that the club could organise a minutes applause in three of the stands, and complete silence in the family stand. I think that might work well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon did mention a memorial garden in his first update;

We are also investigating the viability of numerous projects that include the "Love Street Coffee Shop", an advertising board at the Paisley end corner that will be utilised to promote club services and home games as well as being a source of income, a memorial garden, office provision in one of the corners, and making the 1877 bar a standalone facility so it can be better utilised without the entire main stand being open. These things won't happen overnight and most need significant funding but rest assured we are working hard to take the club forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, div said:

Gordon did mention a memorial garden in his first update;

We are also investigating the viability of numerous projects that include the "Love Street Coffee Shop", an advertising board at the Paisley end corner that will be utilised to promote club services and home games as well as being a source of income, a memorial garden, office provision in one of the corners, and making the 1877 bar a standalone facility so it can be better utilised without the entire main stand being open. These things won't happen overnight and most need significant funding but rest assured we are working hard to take the club forward

Cheers fella, been that busy recently I haven't read any of his updates or pretty much anything club related. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hoi! Speak for yourself! Some of us are just customers - and damned brilliant ones at that! :rolleyes:

I get where Ian is coming from. I didn't know his mate but when a close friend dies you want opportunities to remember them. Personally it makes no odds to me at all if someone or loads of people were to be made posthumous board members. I don't really see the point, but then also I don't really see what harm it would do either. 

I've got to admit though that I think memorials are that bit more poignant when it's fitting for the person who passed away. For example when you go Shull I'd hope that the club could organise a minutes applause in three of the stands, and complete silence in the family stand. I think that might work well. 

A mumble from the P.A. guy would be more apt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, div said:

Gordon did mention a memorial garden in his first update;

We are also investigating the viability of numerous projects that include the "Love Street Coffee Shop", an advertising board at the Paisley end corner that will be utilised to promote club services and home games as well as being a source of income, a memorial garden, office provision in one of the corners, and making the 1877 bar a standalone facility so it can be better utilised without the entire main stand being open. These things won't happen overnight and most need significant funding but rest assured we are working hard to take the club forward

And the Tannoy System will be fixed for this Saturday.

Wont it ?

It's been years ...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can think of several people that are no longer with us that were devout but quiet fans their entire life. There is a guy that sits behind me in his 80's who has been attending games since he was a boy. His son drives him to home games and all away games that he is fit to attend. But I doubt if  99% of fans even know he exists.

The planned memorial garden and the 'bricks' are decent outlets for Remembrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shull said:

We are all St Mirren fans now and mostly through the generations of our families. 

All outstanding supporters without exception. 

There is no competition and no rank should be pulled by any. 

I would loved to have played for St Mirren but unfortunately wasn't good enough. 

Doesn't mean I deserved to be subject of a cheap shot from an equal and fellow St Mirren fan. 

We are all St Mirren. 

No cheap shot intended.Reminds me though why i dont post too often on the forums.I really should leave it to the experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

No cheap shot intended.Reminds me though why i dont post too often on the forums.I really should leave it to the experts.

Cheap shot at the Forum now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...