St Mirren v Ayr United Challenge Cup Quarter Final 13/11/16

shull

31 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good opportunity for Jack to experiment before the Dunfermline league game which is priority number one. 

No experiments at all. Same Team as last week.

There is a Cup to be won.

The win at Airdrie in 2005 was brilliant.

Same again please.

COSMFC

It's on dot com now not dot net. 

And it's very good on mobile. 

[emoji4]

Indeed it is... But the Match Info for the Ayr game was defo not there at the time I was looking and archive news was difficult to find.
Ticket link took me to ticket sales site which had a buy tab but no info on prices.

Anyway, no matter.

Sorted now... Winter jaiket looked out.

21 hours ago, shull said:
09 November 2016

Free Entry On Remembrance Sunday For Armed Forces Personnel

SMFC Webteam
 Club News

St Mirren Football Club are offering free entry to any members of the Armed Forces for this weekend's game against Ayr United. 

The Saints host the Honest Men in the IRN-BRU Cup on Remembrance Sunday and any member of the Forces will be given a free ticket if they show their HM Forces ID card at the ticket office.

The club will be joined by four veterans from the Erskine Hospital who will attend the match as guests and there will also be a minutes silence ahead of kick-off.

Chief Executive Tony Fitzpatrick said: "It's important for us to show our appreciation for all the sacrifices our servicemen and woman have made throughout the years."

Fair play for this initiative, however most people involved with the military will be involved with Armistice parades at lunchtime on Sunday! 

Ahm no gawn!

Despite the fact that this game is on my season ticket that I have had absolutely no value for money for, I am not going.

On Sunday I will visit the cenotaph, show my respects to the very best to have walked amongst us and then have a quiet luncheon accompanied by a dram.  The same as I do on the corresponding Sunday every year.  Occasionally over the years I have disrupted this arrangement for the football but not this year.  A combination of being scunnered and also not caring one jot about this particular competition leaves me in doubt that my Sunday is best spent as described above.

Hopefully young Magennis and Mcallister will play well....other than that I simply do not care.

On 09/11/2016 at 3:51 PM, antrin said:

Live on Premier Sports.

my good good (good) personal friend, the CEO of Premier Sports, has asked me to remind you all that the game is on tomorrow.

No connection fee this month and no contract and just cancel 10 days before the next billing date....so, effectively £5 to watch t he game right here http://www.premiersports.com/

enter promo code NI2016 ...one month of Premier Sports for a fiver with our game to start it off.

Of course, I would rather our fans rolled up at the gate and payed the money and supported the team....but many, like me, are out of range, so....like me, watch on Premier Sports.

*Farmer John has not been paid for his words!

From the OS:

Something previously discussed by the manager as he looks to put his own stamp on the team has been about trying to find a settled eleven. Throughout the season both Jamie Langfield and Scott Gallacher have been changed around and the manager has said he's now going to give Gallacher the opportunity to claim the number one jersey after starting with Langfield in his first four games in charge.

When you inherit a squad and a club mid-season you have to assess everything within it and one of the things that was obviously evident was that there hadn't been a settled number one throughout the season. I think allied to that, Jamie doing his dual-role while still wanting to be competing for the number one spot isn't the perfect scenario either.

"It's not a knee-jerk reaction on the back of Saturday," he added. "It's something that I discussed with Jamie when I first came into the job about how we re-structure things or look at things to try and get the most out of the goalkeepers we've got here at the moment. 

"We're going to bring someone in to do one or two days to help on the coaching side. But equally, having spoken to Jamie and Scott, Scott will have an opportunity to establish himself as first choice and it will allow Jamie to focus more on the coaching side and be supportive of him. That's not to say that's set in stone because Scott has an opportunity, he needs to go and perform. 

I don't think the situation was ideal and we've looked at what we can do to try and tweak things to get the most out the goalkeepers that we've got here."

The manager will still be without the services of Andy Webster and Rocco Quinn who remain injured and he admitted that there is no timescale for their returns. Along with those two Ross will also be without the services of Ben Gordon and Ryan Hardie who are ineligible after playing for Alloa and Rangers U20s in this competition respectively.

If this wasn't part of the season ticket I certainly wouldn't be going. Despite the fact that it is, I'm still not sure if I'm going. A diddy cup tie between two poor sides on a Sunday afternoon.... not exactly appealing. Will probably stumble along though.

As I said earlier I think we will win, going to go for 2-1 and a Clarkson double.

Followed by loads of posts like 'turned the corner, season starts here... ' etc. Then we will go and lose at home to Dunfermline next week. Kinda similar to what happened after we beat Hibs in the last round.

Also, good to see Gallacher starting. I don't rate him but he can't be as bad as Jamie 'cost a goal a game' Langfield.

Hopefully last week was Clangers last appearance for us. Give Scott every game till January. If he becomes good enough, great. If not, make a new goalie priority number one in the window.

22 minutes ago, David Mc said:

From the OS:

Something previously discussed by the manager as he looks to put his own stamp on the team has been about trying to find a settled eleven. Throughout the season both Jamie Langfield and Scott Gallacher have been changed around and the manager has said he's now going to give Gallacher the opportunity to claim the number one jersey after starting with Langfield in his first four games in charge.

When you inherit a squad and a club mid-season you have to assess everything within it and one of the things that was obviously evident was that there hadn't been a settled number one throughout the season. I think allied to that, Jamie doing his dual-role while still wanting to be competing for the number one spot isn't the perfect scenario either.

"It's not a knee-jerk reaction on the back of Saturday," he added. "It's something that I discussed with Jamie when I first came into the job about how we re-structure things or look at things to try and get the most out of the goalkeepers we've got here at the moment. 

"We're going to bring someone in to do one or two days to help on the coaching side. But equally, having spoken to Jamie and Scott, Scott will have an opportunity to establish himself as first choice and it will allow Jamie to focus more on the coaching side and be supportive of him. That's not to say that's set in stone because Scott has an opportunity, he needs to go and perform. 

I don't think the situation was ideal and we've looked at what we can do to try and tweak things to get the most out the goalkeepers that we've got here."

The manager will still be without the services of Andy Webster and Rocco Quinn who remain injured and he admitted that there is no timescale for their returns. Along with those two Ross will also be without the services of Ben Gordon and Ryan Hardie who are ineligible after playing for Alloa and Rangers U20s in this competition respectively.

Hallebloodyluyah!

Very good management and very well articulated.

Totally agree with his decision and the way he has gone about making it public.

Anyone had any experience of being able to get entry to the game late? Got the remembrance service in Johnstone tomorrow and won't be able to get to the ground possibly until 1.30pm. Got as season ticket so no issues about buying it that late just as to whether I will still be able to get in at the turnstyle.

In true St Mirren style emailed the ticket office but didnt get a response. 

5 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Anyone had any experience of being able to get entry to the game late? Got the remembrance service in Johnstone tomorrow and won't be able to get to the ground possibly until 1.30pm. Got as season ticket so no issues about buying it that late just as to whether I will still be able to get in at the turnstyle.

No, that can't be right, everything in the garden is rosy, communication is flowing like a...............:rolleyes:

I was late last season for a game due to traffic and the gates were closed. I went to the front door and they let me in there. My ST is for the Main Stand right enough.

On 11/10/2016 at 7:14 AM, shull said:

No experiments at all. Same Team as last week.

There is a Cup to be won.

The win at Airdrie in 2005 was brilliant.

Same again please.

COSMFC

The only final I missed since becoming a fan in 1974.

Get through this game and then it would be good to reach the final.

Then who knows!

my good good (good) personal friend, the CEO of Premier Sports, has asked me to remind you all that the game is on tomorrow.

No connection fee this month and no contract and just cancel 10 days before the next billing date....so, effectively £5 to watch t he game right here http://www.premiersports.com/

enter promo code NI2016 ...one month of Premier Sports for a fiver with our game to start it off.

Of course, I would rather our fans rolled up at the gate and payed the money and supported the team....but many, like me, are out of range, so....like me, watch on Premier Sports.

Thank you for that info.

Decided to use it this morning ( Live in England ) - hoping it activates the channel in time as it hasn't yet :)

That said I've predicted 5 correct results in last 3 Saints and last 2 Scotland games ( with 3 correct scores ) so if it doesn't activate ?

It's not the game finishing 1-1 I will mind , it'll be the dramatic penalty shoot out defeat obviously :D

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:03 AM, farmer john said:

I've been trying to register but am having no joy. Anyone else having any diffs?