St Mirren v Ayr United Challenge Cup Quarter Final 13/11/16

shull

3 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Was in the 1877 club before the game, there's a really good atmosphere about the place with the disabled ramp being opened the young boys getting their chance and management team that really cares and is ambitious. Let's hope that this is just the start of the good things that the new BOD have started to put in place. 

It was good to see Gordon Scott at the disabled ramp along with David Nicol chatting to them. 

Jakey   (copyright of shull)   :P

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Most would hope so but far too early to get excited. :rolleyes:

Would I swap todays victory fot 3 points next week........................aye.

However had we lost today then the doom and gloom mob would have went into meltdown. This gives us something to build on. :thumbs2

Even elvis was positive about our performance. :ph34r:

Edited by Kendo

Two cracking assists for the goals.

First ones a tremendous cross from Mallan, got a bit of luck with the defender slipping and it's a superb finish.

Second ones a great bit of composure from Magennis. For a young player in that position so late in the game, it would have been easy to panic and just lash at it. He took his time, took an extra touch, got his head up and picked out big John excellently.

These youngsters and Sutton could provide the goals to keep us up, give big John the armband and build the team to play to his strengths. We still need to sort the defence though, that was another awful goal to lose and the fact we haven't kept a clean sheet in all competitions since July is no surprise.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Two cracking assists for the goals.

First ones a tremendous cross from Mallan, got a bit of luck with the defender slipping and it's a superb finish.

Second ones a great bit of composure from Magennis. For a young player in that position so late in the game, it would have been easy to panic and just lash at it. He took his time, took an extra touch, got his head up and picked out big John excellently.

These youngsters and Sutton could provide the goals to keep us up, give big John the armband and build the team to play to his strengths. We still need to sort the defence though, that was another awful goal to lose and the fact we haven't kept a clean sheet in all competitions since July is no surprise.

Nearly a complete positive post, you were almost there but spoiled it at the end.

I thought the team as a whole played pretty well today especially the young lads who I felt were outstanding and tried to be positive everytime they were on the ball. We didn't deserve to be behind but battled back really well after letting the heads go down for 10-15 mins. We could have scored 4 in the last 10 mins. Impressive attacking play down the wings from. the youngsters. Plenty of spirit in the side so there is hope and that is massively pleasing.

Bring on the Pars!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayr United manager Ian McCall: "It must have been a rubbish match to watch because we didn't play at all like we can.

"I'm just gutted for all the players and the fans. We were so in control after we scored and looked like the team who might get a second on the counter.

"There were a couple of decisions in the lead up to both goals that were just wrong. The ball was clearly out and the linesman doesn't give it and for their second it's a clear corner and they give a bye kick. It's just wee Ayr United, so I don't suppose anyone cares."

Just now, shull said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayr United manager Ian McCall: "It must have been a rubbish match to watch because we didn't play at all like we can.

"I'm just gutted for all the players and the fans. We were so in control after we scored and looked like the team who might get a second on the counter.

"There were a couple of decisions in the lead up to both goals that were just wrong. The ball was clearly out and the linesman doesn't give it and for their second it's a clear corner and they give a bye kick. It's just wee Ayr United, so I don't suppose anyone cares."

Yes a great interview, much better than our manager. According to TC. :lol:

Felt the first half was football by numbers, try not to make a mistake and get through it. Second half much better with the younger players trying to make things happen. Morgan was unlucky with his control a couple of times and Naismith was even more up for it once he had been fouled attacking the box. Lots more to do but they showed character to come back from Ayr scoring first.

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

Was in the 1877 club before the game, there's a really good atmosphere about the place with the disabled ramp being opened the young boys getting their chance and management team that really cares and is ambitious. Let's hope that this is just the start of the good things that the new BOD have started to put in place. 

It was good to see Gordon Scott at the disabled ramp along with David Nicol chatting to them. 

Me too Kendo.

My first visit to the 1877 Club/