Oh look, Scotland is a good place

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah, and right next to this article, in a "concise quality newspaper" is a great story on Tyson Fury who, seemingly, fought a daily duel with the devil.[emoji38]

The study wasn't done by the concise quality newspaper.

29 minutes ago, pod said:

Do they think we all live in castles. :rolleyes:

No.

the study explicitly excludes factors such as income wealth and property, showing how Scotland after leaving the UK and EU CAN still be poor but happy.

He said: "The standard way of comparing countries is often about measuring how rich they are.

"What we've done is we've left money to one side and instead looked at all the things that make up a good society from education to health, to tolerance, to the environment - all those different factors bundled together. And of the four nations of the United Kingdom, Scotland comes out number one."

AND ALSO...

"He said that, like the rest of the UK, obesity was a really big problem and said the other "striking" issue was that Scotland did not perform well on the number of people dying before the age of 65.

"These are very worrying indicators where Scotland does not do well."

People in south western Scotland had the lowest life expectancy in the UK at just 78 years, with those in eastern Scotland not far behind on 79.5 years.

Scots were also the worst performing nation in the UK for road safety."

Luckily Dicko didnae see the report first or... HE would have cherry-picked... :rolleyes:

Edited by antrin

No.

the study explicitly excludes factors such as income wealth and property, showing how Scotland after leaving the UK and EU CAN still be poor but happy.

He said: "The standard way of comparing countries is often about measuring how rich they are.

"What we've done is we've left money to one side and instead looked at all the things that make up a good society from education to health, to tolerance, to the environment - all those different factors bundled together. And of the four nations of the United Kingdom, Scotland comes out number one."

AND ALSO...

"He said that, like the rest of the UK, obesity was a really big problem and said the other "striking" issue was that Scotland did not perform well on the number of people dying before the age of 65.

"These are very worrying indicators where Scotland does not do well."

People in south western Scotland had the lowest life expectancy in the UK at just 78 years, with those in eastern Scotland not far behind on 79.5 years.

Scots were also the worst performing nation in the UK for road safety."

Luckily Dicko didnae see the report first or... HE would have cherry-picked... :rolleyes:

What makes you think that? I happen to think Scotland is a fantastic place to live. From my house I've got fantastic views over the stunning Clyde Valley, I'm a very short taxi ride away from one of the best whisky restaurants in Scotland - The Artisan - and I live close to the M74 south of the f**ked up Raith Interchange which puts me in a prime position on the evacuation route to England if the Natsis ever get their way.

Unlike many of these Natsis I've chosen to live in Scotland, to work and bring up my kids here. I've also taken an active role in my local community. I've had many job offers to live and work elsewhere but I chose Scotland cause I like it. It's just a shame that the population here have such a small talentless pool of politicians to pick from.

24 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I live close to the M74 south of the f**ked up Raith Interchange which puts me in a prime position on the evacuation route to England if the Natsis ever get their way.

It's just struck me.

serious question.

why is it called, "Raith"? :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Before the M74 was built there was a village on that site called Raith. Another village was flooded at the loch at Strathclyde Park called Bothwellhaugh. 

Ta.

I had googled, thinking there was mibbe a nearby ferm ca'd that, but there was ocht.

eta

Hmm.

'ocht' to my mind has always meant 'nothing'.  Used in Galloway in that context definitely..

But I see it could mean 'owing' in engerlish. Ho-hum

Edited by antrin

Just now, antrin said:

Ta.

I had googled, thinking there was mibbe a nearby ferm ca'd that, but there was ocht.

There's old historical maps and photos at Chatelherault and at the New Lanark Mill visitor sites that show some of the old communities. The history of that area is colourful to say the least. The various Duke of Hamiltons were fabulously mental. One guide told me that the Hamilton Palace that area down there took it's name from collapsed when the Duke of Hamilton discovered that there was coal under the building and he decided to mine it out. The mines collapsed as did his palace. Before that there had been a kind of safari on the grounds where amongst other exotic creatures lions would be let loose to be hunted by the Duke and his guests. There's another Duke that was killed in a sword duel in a fight over inheritance. And if you ever get the opportunity to visit the penis shaped building at the Hamilton side of Strathclyde Park some of the sculptures in there would easily challenge the likes or Roslyn Chapel for it's craftsmanship. 

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Best place in the world to live. Thank goodness we didn't risk all that in September 2014.

Did you notice that according to Antrin the criteria was that it was the happiest place to live so long as you didn't consider any of the elements that the Scottish Government was involved in, and that it was to make the point that Scots could be happy but poor living outside of the EU and the UK. Those silly Natsis didn't. :rolleyes:  

I live close to the M74 south of the f**ked up Raith Interchange which puts me in a prime position on the evacuation route to England if the Natsis ever get their way.

If anyone was undecided there's the final piece needed. Thanks, StuD, that could well be the decisive factor.

Unlike many of these Natsis I've chosen to live in Scotland, to work and bring up my kids here.

Who are you talking about - specifically - and for every one you can name I'll give you two who haven't chosen to live and work in Scotland but told us to say 'No' to Indy.

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

Who are you talking about - specifically - and for every one you can name I'll give you two who haven't chosen to live and work in Scotland but told us to say 'No' to Indy.

Well lets try the biggest one of all - "Rev" Stuart Campbell

Edited by Stuart Dickson