Apalling Customer Service from the Ticket Office

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

NONE of that was off the top of YOUR BLOCK-head.

it was a preprinted, pre- typed, mulled-over, inarticulate wrong rant that you've been hoping to fire-off since your last wank.

We drove to Murray Street from a local pub, parked, entered via an unbusy turnstile. Had an easy pee, or bought a simple pie, with no stress at any point.  

Sat and saw the match.

you need to get out more.  Not fantasise about going to games, or having sensible sons or being almost human.

How many new regular supporters have you managed to get to go to Greenhill Road in recent years? If the match day experience is so good, whats the problem? 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

How many new regular supporters have you managed to get to go to Greenhill Road in recent years? If the match day experience is so good, whats the problem? 

That is irrelevant to my personal match-day assertion. I have no problem.

please go away to massage yourself quietly elsewhere..

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I have sent an e mail to the club but have also raised the issue here for others to see and comment on - for or against.

The pity is that one of the young men is also the son of a very well known family in Abu Dhabi.

You know - the country from which Ethiad operate and where the owner of Manchaster City FC resides.

Maybe the son can buy the club :P

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Feel free to ignore me. Being perfectly honest I find you utterly tedious too with your poor attempts to goad me with pathetic name calling. :rolleyes:

Ignore you ???  Oh no my good sir .... i have no intention of ignoring you. I intend to continue to point out your inconsistent pish, inane ramblings, pointless drivel. fishing trips, pish ,crap, drivel and downright f**kin LIES. 

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ignore you ???  Oh no my good sir .... i have no intention of ignoring you. I intend to continue to point out your inconsistent pish, inane ramblings, pointless drivel. fishing trips, pish ,crap, drivel and downright f**kin LIES. 

yeah I thought so. I'm so boring you just can't help yourself huh. :rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

4 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oops , boring . Forgot that one

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Aye,, then he could be ignored that way instead of this :rolleyes: 

Why the f**k do fans get so defensive when someone reports they had a negative experience with the club. Shouldn't all customers be demanding better service and a better match day experience? 

For what it's worth I was at the game today and I had no issues with the club - other than the ridiculous situation of there being no pay at the gate access to the car park. And by and large I have no complaint to make this week. However I did overhear one customer asking a steward who she should speak to about the car park debacle. I don't know what her problem was but it does appear striking that the customer experience around the car park has become a major gripe. It was hard not to notice that Gordon Scott had his BMW parked in the car park, and others who have made the decision to push customers out of the car park were parked alongside him. Maybe if they too had to park in the street where even more of those "no parking an Saturdays when St Mirren are playing" signs appear to be going up they would understand why it's such a negative part of the match day experience at Greenhill Road. 

You're just a wee nasty bitter man. Bottom line is if it is black you will say white. If it is white you will say it's black. It's in you're history you bitter wee man. Go away no wonder you have been divorced, smacked you father, hit a shop assistant. You bloody idiot. Getting a hard on where you can't face fans face to face.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You're just a wee nasty bitter man. Bottom line is if it is black you will say white. If it is white you will say it's black. It's in you're history you bitter wee man. Go away no wonder you have been divorced, smacked you father, hit a shop assistant. You bloody idiot. Getting a hard on where you can't face fans face to face.

I have never shied away from meeting fans face to face - not once. Not ever. You can call me whatever you like Ian, but I am certainly no shrinking violet. Unlike you I post using my real name. Many St Mirren fans have introduced themselves to me and if people don't know who I am, they certainly know where I sit and what I look like. Real cowards post abuse using aliases - there's loads of them on this thread, but I am not one of them. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're f**king joking, right?

• Poor value for money - one of the most expensive single match tickets in the Championship. 
  • Customers having to queue outside in unsheltered areas to buy tickets, or pick up tickets, before then having to queue again to get through a turnstyle all at a stadium that is at best a half to three quarters empty
  • Wheelchair fans having to sit in area's of the stadium where there is a poor view of the pitch, and where they are subjected to all elements. 
  • A PA System that doesn't work in one of the four stands.
  • A lack of any pre match entertainment. 
  • Rip off prices at the catering outlets where again customers can face lengthy queues
  • A real lack of available off road parking, despite the club having a sizeable car park on site. 
  • A shortage of disabled parking bays 
  • Poor customer service off car park attendants who issue woeful advice on where customers should park if not in the car park. 
  • An inability to buy replica kit in the tiny club shop which is hardly fit for purpose. 
  • A supporters bar only open to members of a club that doesn't have a committee, or a constitution, and where even members appear confused about admission policies. 
  • Customer Service that can only be described as utterly non existent. Complaints are routinely ignored. Staff are rude. And officials of the club are confrontational. 
  • And an Independent Supporters Association that doesn't appear to want to engage in communication with members who wish to question the running of the association. 

And that's just the ones off the top of my head right now. 

Take a trip down to stadiums down in the successful English leagues who have turned around their reputation for trouble with some solid marketing and with a great deal of focus on improving the match day experience and you'll see exactly what I mean. St Mirren are by no means unique in terms of Scottish Football, but there is a reason the game up here struggles to attract and keep new customers. 

Can't argue with any of that to be honest.

Can't argue with any of that to be honest.

Indeed.

Any right minded business would accept feedback and use it to improve wherever possible... Not abuse the person offering the feedback just because he's a tosser... Err... I mean.... they don't like them. [emoji6]

(sorry SD. Couldn't resist that one.)

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indeed.

Any right minded business would accept feedback and use it to improve wherever possible... Not abuse the person offering the feedback just because he's a tosser... Err... I mean.... they don't like them. emoji6.png

(sorry SD. Couldn't resist that one.)

I've had worse. ^_^ And to think this all came about after I had a day at the football where I really didn't have anything to complain about. 

What sad about this sorry club right now is that it's not f**ked, it's not a mess. It just needs to confront some really hard truths and to start dealing with all of it's failings one by one. Each step it takes will help turn the club around. I've said before all the club really needs to do is to just do everything much better than it does right now. Sadly, whilst people like Antrin, IoBS and even Div are so desperate to abuse and shout down anyone who raises a complaint, especially the ones raised constructively on here, it seems people in charge at the club, and at SMiSA, don't feel any need to address the issues. 

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I recently made an enquiry to the ticket office about a season ticket for remaining games for myself as a senior and a student. I received what I felt was a very positive reply and posted on here as an example of the ticket office manager being helpful. I was not able to action the purchase this week as one of the actions requested by the ticket office was to provide evidence that the young person was indeed a student. Not a problem in itself but since we stay 40 miles apart, not practical in the time scale.

What I did do was to buy tickets on line as follows allocating these correctly for the age groups involved as shown on the website: i.e. One Senior - Me - Check. One Adult - 19 year old Student - Paid Full Price and two 12-17 Year Olds being my grandson of 16 and a young 17 year old. Check. All present and paid for.

Imagine my surprise then when trying to enter the ground that the tickets didn't operate the turnstile. A steward (very polite) said that he had been instructed to ask for evidence that the two 12-17 year olds were students! Not his idea. As he said - don't shoot the messenger.

Now the purpose of this seems to be quite clear in that for some reason my integrity was being questioned when in fact I had paid more than was nescessary by buying an adult ticket for one of the students since I had not been able to contact the ticket office with evidence of their studentship before purchasing on line.

Now - I take offence at this. 

Firstly - I had done everything abslutely correctly.

Secondly - I paid more than I needed in order to ensure that I had not contravened any rules.

Thirdly - I am a very successul, retired businessman, personally well set financially,with expertise in advising businesses much larger than the club on how to improve.

I will be in contact with the office manager seeking an apology.

Failing that, I will contact the CEO.

Failing that I will contact the Chairman.

If you don't get any satisfaction from any of the above try the king of Thailand.....oh wait.

Edited by faraway saint

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're f**king joking, right?

• Poor value for money - one of the most expensive single match tickets in the Championship. 
  • Customers having to queue outside in unsheltered areas to buy tickets, or pick up tickets, before then having to queue again to get through a turnstyle all at a stadium that is at best a half to three quarters empty
  • Wheelchair fans having to sit in area's of the stadium where there is a poor view of the pitch, and where they are subjected to all elements. 
  • A PA System that doesn't work in one of the four stands.
  • A lack of any pre match entertainment. 
  • Rip off prices at the catering outlets where again customers can face lengthy queues
  • A real lack of available off road parking, despite the club having a sizeable car park on site. 
  • A shortage of disabled parking bays 
  • Poor customer service off car park attendants who issue woeful advice on where customers should park if not in the car park. 
  • An inability to buy replica kit in the tiny club shop which is hardly fit for purpose. 
  • A supporters bar only open to members of a club that doesn't have a committee, or a constitution, and where even members appear confused about admission policies. 
  • Customer Service that can only be described as utterly non existent. Complaints are routinely ignored. Staff are rude. And officials of the club are confrontational. 
  • And an Independent Supporters Association that doesn't appear to want to engage in communication with members who wish to question the running of the association. 

And that's just the ones off the top of my head right now. 

Take a trip down to stadiums down in the successful English leagues who have turned around their reputation for trouble with some solid marketing and with a great deal of focus on improving the match day experience and you'll see exactly what I mean. St Mirren are by no means unique in terms of Scottish Football, but there is a reason the game up here struggles to attract and keep new customers. 

Your talking about Hibs or Dundee U I assume since about everything you have said also apply to them. If your match day experience is soooooo bad, why the f do you keep returning to the ground ?

Why can't we have a pay at the gate option ? There was the old story peddled about the police insisting however since the inception of Police Scotland I simply don't believe that as we all know umpteen stadiums in Scotland with cash gates so if it is the case why us ? Surely that smacks of discrimination and the club should be vocally and publicly fighting any such imposition.

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why can't we have a pay at the gate option ? There was the old story peddled about the police insisting however since the inception of Police Scotland I simply don't believe that as we all know umpteen stadiums in Scotland with cash gates so if it is the case why us ? Surely that smacks of discrimination and the club should be vocally and publicly fighting any such imposition.

It bollocks

There's a pay at the gate when the Scotland U/21 play at Greenhill Road

Your talking about Hibs or Dundee U I assume since about everything you have said also apply to them. If your match day experience is soooooo bad, why the f do you keep returning to the ground ?

If you read what I said you'll see I've said that St Mirren are not unique in Scotland. It's even in the post you quote.

And for years I didn't keep returning. St Mirren lost out on quite a bit of money from me over the years. I was a regular season ticket holder prior to 2002 so going off those figures I guess they are around £3000 down so far on the minimum I would have spent. With the club under new ownership I thought I'd make more of an effort this season but so far I'm extremely disappointed in what I've seen. It looks very much like a case of new owner same old shite.

44 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

My theory is that the club didn't and doesn't trust turnstile operators to handle cash.

It is one of the few conclusions you can reach if there is no actual barrier to us allowing fans to pay at the gate. Certainly can't be a cost issue given we have to pay to print tickets and the person employed to sell them could be employed just the same at a cash turnstile.

If you read what I said you'll see I've said that St Mirren are not unique in Scotland. It's even in the post you quote.

And for years I didn't keep returning. St Mirren lost out on quite a bit of money from me over the years. I was a regular season ticket holder prior to 2002 so going off those figures I guess they are around £3000 down so far on the minimum I would have spent. With the club under new ownership I thought I'd make more of an effort this season but so far I'm extremely disappointed in what I've seen. It looks very much like a case of new owner same old shite.

Re read and still can't find the unique in Scotland quote [emoji102] Just admit you are as much a saint fans just like the rest of us who likes a wee moan sometimes. Go on, admit it [emoji6] Oh and for great football experience in grounds in England, want to tell the West Ham fans that [emoji12]

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

Couldn't you just have sent a complaint directly to the club instead of seeking attention on here?

I think the gentleman's actions are entirely appropriate. 

Using social media in such a way as to hilight poor customer service has a proven track record of forcing companies etc into action.  Good luck sir, I hope this is rectified to your satisfaction and all us supporters benefit as a result.

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You're going to be bloody busy.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I think the gentleman's actions are entirely appropriate. 

Using social media in such a way as to hilight poor customer service has a proven track record of forcing companies etc into action.  Good luck sir, I hope this is rectified to your satisfaction and all us supporters benefit as a result.

Thank you T.T.

That was and still is my intention in posting on the forum.