The Jack Ross Interviews Thread

shull

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:35 PM, Hoof Hearted said:

Would it be cynical to say that as long as we are talking about jr going in to the crowd,

it deflects from the real fact that st mirrens squad as a whole are fùcking shite

and completely hopeless?

No amount of deflection could hide that fact

Pretty honest again from the manager. I don't what else he could reasonably be expected to say.

The pitch was awful today, and that did play its part. Both teams had to play on it, though, so that explanation can only go so far. We need a settled line-up, and, for me, Stelios should be playing right back before Irvine. Gary didn't play particularly poorly this afternoon, but Stelios seems to offer more going forward, based on the time he was on, and looks as though he has a decent delivery. Clarkson, goal aside, offered very little leading the line. Jack has to establish what his preferred starting 11 is and try to stick with that for the most part.

Pretty honest again from the manager. I don't what else he could reasonably be expected to say.
The pitch was awful today, and that did play its part. Both teams had to play on it, though, so that explanation can only go so far. We need a settled line-up, and, for me, Stelios should be playing right back before Irvine. Gary didn't play particularly poorly this afternoon, but Stelios seems to offer more going forward, based on the time he was on, and looks as though he has a decent delivery. Clarkson, goal aside, offered very little leading the line. Jack has to establish what his preferred starting 11 is and try to stick with that for the most part.

It's Clarkson's need to turn his man and run in on goal before he's even received the ball that gets me. Set yourself, control and protect the damned ball!

I don't think we've played with the same team two games running all season. I don't see that changing. I was a fan of Jack's appointment, but there's a distinct look of panic and the additions already look no better..to imagine we can turn this round and start showing the form of a team chasing promotion instead of one trying to avoid relegation, is highly doubtful, as stats show for a team in a position like ours..

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think we've played with the same team two games running all season. I don't see that changing. I was a fan of Jack's appointment, but there's a distinct look of panic and the additions already look no better..to imagine we can turn this round and start showing the form of a team chasing promotion instead of one trying to avoid relegation, is highly doubtful, as stats show for a team in a position like ours..

Still believe that? :)

I hope I'm wrong. Not out of the woods by any means. Two back to back league games and two great performances. Still adrift of ayr. What's that saying, ' two swallows don't make a summer'..hey, as I said, I like Jack Ross. I was very happy with his appointment. The energy in the team in the past two games has been fantastic..mcginn has given us that bite in the middle..im hopeful now, more than pessemestic..i think Raith are the team in real danger so next Wednesday's game at kirkcaldy is another big one..im not fussed about Sunday..dont want us gubbed for Wednesday or to pick up injuries

39 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

I hope I'm wrong. Not out of the woods by any means. Two back to back league games and two great performances. Still adrift of ayr. What's that saying, ' two swallows don't make a summer'..hey, as I said, I like Jack Ross. I was very happy with his appointment. The energy in the team in the past two games has been fantastic..mcginn has given us that bite in the middle..im hopeful now, more than pessemestic..i think Raith are the team in real danger so next Wednesday's game at kirkcaldy is another big one..im not fussed about Sunday..dont want us gubbed for Wednesday or to pick up injuries

I agree we are not out of the woods and I too would much prefer a win in Kirkaldy that one in Glasgow over the next week.

However I cannot agree at all with 'the additions already look no better'. Really?  Maybe you did not see many games with Langfield, Gallagher (keeper), Gallagher (forward), Hardie, Walsh, Hutton, Webster, Shankland, Clarkson but I can assure you the guys that have been brought in are far better that the players signed by Rae.

I agree we are not out of the woods and I too would much prefer a win in Kirkaldy that one in Glasgow over the next week.
However I cannot agree at all with 'the additions already look no better'. Really?  Maybe you did not see many games with Langfield, Gallagher (keeper), Gallagher (forward), Hardie, Walsh, Hutton, Webster, Shankland, Clarkson but I can assure you the guys that have been brought in are far better that the players signed by Rae.

No. Mcginn, stelios, the boy Smith up front and the defence looks more solid..my concern was that it would be too difficult to merge too many new players with not many games left, but, the last two games have looked promising..look, something's happened..ive seen big Sutton do more running in the past two games than I have the whole of the season thus far [emoji1]