The Jack Ross Interviews Thread

shull

Another positive and encouraging interview by Jack. It's taken a bit longer than i had thought but we are now seeing some great signs on the park and finally getting a bounce.

We are playing as a team and some of the new signings are starting to really look the part.

The belief and positivity amongst the squad is aparant for all to see.

If we can get a win at Raith on Wednesday then we could be going into Dunfermline game knowing that a win may well take us off the bottom of the league.

I have to be honest, I never listen/watch any of these "interviews" as they really mean next to nothing IMO.

Lennon got slaughtered by some eejits for his interviews, I prefer to concentrate on results then performances from the team.

The interviews are a distraction, focused on some as some sort of solace or false sign of improvement.

Results, results & results I'm afraid are the only thing that are important in our position.

I spoke with my brother today, who was interviewing Tony Fitzpatrick for the 30th anniversary cup win. The feeling is that the Celtic game took it's toll. That is 3 high intensity games they have played prior to last night, and I have spoken to a few Celtic fans who were really impressed by the Saints. As he was leaving my brother met an angry Stephen McGinn, who said that the fans will see a positive reaction after last night's loss. Obviously not a good position to be in, but I feel there is enough talent and determination in the team to survive and avoid the drop.

If we end up in League 1 next season then the game against Celtic will be one of the contributing factors. It was a nothing game (given our current league position) against a team who have been domestically unbeatable this season, so for that to contribute to us losing a 6 pointer against Raith is shocking.

A win against Celtic or 3 points in Kircaldy was no brainier, we should have concentrated on beating Raith and even if we fielded a weakened side that took a hiding at Celtic, it would have been worth it. I honestly couldn't care less if players wanted to play at Celtic Park, if they cared more about a day in the spotlight than keeping us up then we're screwed anyway.

6 hours ago, John Gotti said:

If we end up in League 1 next season then the game against Celtic will be one of the contributing factors. It was a nothing game (given our current league position) against a team who have been domestically unbeatable this season, so for that to contribute to us losing a 6 pointer against Raith is shocking.

A win against Celtic or 3 points in Kircaldy was no brainier, we should have concentrated on beating Raith and even if we fielded a weakened side that took a hiding at Celtic, it would have been worth it. I honestly couldn't care less if players wanted to play at Celtic Park, if they cared more about a day in the spotlight than keeping us up then we're screwed anyway.

What about all the fans who turned up and paid £20 to see their team in a Scottish Cup quarter final.. I'm sure they would have been just fine with us fielding a reserve team and taking a hiding.

5 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

What about all the fans who turned up and paid £20 to see their team in a Scottish Cup quarter final.. I'm sure they would have been just fine with us fielding a reserve team and taking a hiding.

......and have more energy against Raith and potentially win that game. Yes I think they would have taken that. Especially if Jack mentioned 'rotating his squad beforehand. 

The only important thing this season is staying up. The cups were great to bed in the January signings now they're a distraction.

53 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

......and have more energy against Raith and potentially win that game. Yes I think they would have taken that. Especially if Jack mentioned 'rotating his squad beforehand. 

The only important thing this season is staying up. The cups were great to bed in the January signings now they're a distraction.

The bedding in,using the Cups failed on Wednesday. 

And  I would be ecstatic to win the Scottish Cup in May even if we were relegated. 

Open Top Bus trumps the lot.  

Edited by shull

JC-Its so easy to sit of ur arse and criticize isn't it?

We didn't convert numerous chances however we are still good enough to create them............... We played ok at Raith, we just didn't pull trigger

As for Celtic, what do u propose, we are playing a team who has destroyed everyone , drawn twice with Man City ....

Take it you would have fielded kids or fringe team lost 10-0 and moved on.....

The positive press Saints have had in recent weeks is the reason we all felt so bad , I am happier to listen to fighting talk from S McGinn rather than a moaning git any day of the week......

I am bought into what JR is trying to achieve, my hats off to 800 fans on Wed................fantastic support and that's exactly what Saints fan do

Edited by DougJamie

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

JC-Its so easy to sit of ur arse and criticize isn't it?

We didn't convert numerous chances however we are still good enough to create them............... We played ok at Raith, we just didn't pull trigger

As for Celtic, what do u propose, we are playing a team who has destroyed everyone , drawn twice with Man City ....

Take it you would have fielded kids or fringe team lost 10-0 and moved on.....

The positive press Saints have had in recent weeks is the reason we all felt so bad , I am happier to listen to fighting talk from S McGinn rather than a moaning git any day of the week......

I am bought into what JR is trying to achieve, my hats off to 800 fans on Wed................fantastic support and that's exactly what Saints fan do

Why so angry bud? It's ok for people to have different opinions. 

You make a lot of assumptions to fuel your response but where did I say I didn't buy into what the manager is doing? I simply pointed out Tony saying we were tired from the Celtic game and that this contributed to a lack of intensity in our performance midweek which meant we didn't give ourselves the best opportunity to win a must win game.

Now if you want to call me a moaning git for that or speculate whether I was sitting on my arse when I posted then fill your boots but if the objective of the forum is for everyone to hold the same opinion then the baw is burst.

5 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Why so angry bud? It's ok for people to have different opinions. 

You make a lot of assumptions to fuel your response but where did I say I didn't buy into what the manager is doing? I simply pointed out Tony saying we were tired from the Celtic game and that this contributed to a lack of intensity in our performance midweek which meant we didn't give ourselves the best opportunity to win a must win game.

Now if you want to call me a moaning git for that or speculate whether I was sitting on my arse when I posted then fill your boots but if the objective of the forum is for everyone to hold the same opinion then the baw is burst.

JC I am not angry..... I am just fed up with the reactive what ifs........

There is not a lot of reason to be cheerful, losing 4-1 to Tic was actually a highlight along with Hibs win

Nothing personal I assure you, and as usual Tony F, legend he is, should keep his gob shut, he doesn't half spout crap, and that's including when he managed us