The Jack Ross Interviews Thread

shull

On 3/28/2018 at 9:26 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is anyone on here clever enough to create a compilation of cheers Jimbo top mans? 

I think it would go viral. 

Yeah whilst I would be inclined to see the entertainment value of that , you could be infringing the copyright of whoever owns the rights to those interviews . Copyright infringement is an offence. .

28 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Great interview with Peter Martin!!

Last few minutes says the important stuff we need to know - Jack want to progress further - He can only do so with better players winning at a higher level -

For those who still think all our players are Premiership standard watch and see plenty of squad additions over the next few months and a serious number leaving

20 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Last few minutes says the important stuff we need to know - Jack want to progress further - He can only do so with better players winning at a higher level -

For those who still think all our players are Premiership standard watch and see plenty of squad additions over the next few months and a serious number leaving

Indeed , Jack continues to impress . He is very ambitious but he seems to be keen to go places with Paisley Saint Mirren . He also likes us , the fans. .B)

29 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Is there anyone on here who has ever said that all our players are Premiership standard?

I find that very hard to believe. 

Brilliant. In Jack We Trust. Absolute pleasure listening to Jack. Mans a legend

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is there anyone on here who has ever said that all our players are Premiership standard?

I find that very hard to believe. 

A good number of people have at least given the impression that since we have been the best in the Championship, we are already pretty much good enough for the next level (almost as we are).

Time and time again in this thread people are suggesting we only need 4 or 5 additions  to make us that standard...

My point is that there will be at least 10 new additions to the squad - why do so many people believe that only 4 or 5 new players will be signed ?

We have many players in our current squad who played little significance during the past year, several have been loaned out - a much stronger squad all round is required for the Premiership.

Also we will have a much better budget...

Really enjoyed Jack's interview with Peter Martin. As always, JR spoke with honesty and real passion about the job he's doing for the club.

However, this will be a very interesting summer for him and for us. Like all successful managers, he will have approaches to go elsewhere and will have to decide whether to cash in while his stock is high or try to progress his career with St. Mirren. The key to that decision will be budget. Will Saints have the money to allow Jack to bring in the players he requires in order to consolidate the club's position in the Premiership? The unknown factor is the club(s) which might try to take Jack away from Paisley. If one of them ticks all the boxes (good chairman, good training and playing facilities AND a budget which will allow the playing squad to be strengthened), then JR will have a very difficult decision to make. 

Whatever happens, we all just need to be eternally grateful to JR and JF for giving us  a season which must rank as one of our best ever, in terms of sustained excitement and satisfaction as Saints fans.

As someone else once said: "Fasten your seatbelts, folks. It's gonna be a bumpy ride!"

We are going up in a much better place than previous times of promotion, everything about the club is positive right now.  We have the stadium and a training ground already in place so the budget will be mainly on the playing squad.  Add to that the fact that we have the legend that is Jack Ross as manager i can only see good times ahead in the next few years for us.... time will tell.

Tremendous season
Worthy winners
Others jealous now looking on with envy at us
Fabulous three game end to season coming up
St mirren back on the map
JR and team rally the team and the town, pride is back
Unfinished business and looking forward with optimism
Comparisons with SAF now being expressed
Tony Fitz is crying
I got second in the National but who cares
I’m now completely relaxed and liquid levels getting full ????

Best day as a Saints fan in many a year. All those half empty bus journeys all over Scotland are now making sense . All the time cash and emotional investment that the fans have given is now more than ever been repaid. 

Bring on the old scum .