Saints V Dumbarton

St.Ricky

There were real signs of recovery yesterday; a team beginning to find their feet but still needing a wee bit more time to build confidence.

In a season of constantly changing primary objectives, our new first target should be to win the bottom three 'Championship' - so this game against Dumbarton is key. I think this is doable and 8th place would obviously get us out of relegation trouble for this season.

We've all been quite deflated over performances this season and it is easy to forget - as we understandably panic about relegation - that the two teams immediately above us are no great shakes and have not built up huge leads over us during the time we were in free fall.

Lets remember that we got an away draw against Dumbarton in the dying throes of Rae's tenure when everything was falling to pieces and then a hugely unlucky narrow away defeat against Dunfermline in the immediate aftermath.

Anything from Hibs at Easter Road would be a bonus in any season and the Morton game will take care of itself.

I think that by the time the Dumbarton game comes round we will be a different proposition as JR should have a better idea about his best XI, and I believe we will win with a couple of goals to spare. Thats going to be the real turning point in the season.

We really have been in Hell since we won LC, Managers, players, performances..............

Basically we are in a League of 3 first, baby steps, whats important is the players giving 100%......

In that context, this is a huge match, we can no longer say we should beat Sons their record against us is pretty good, just feel we must....

4 points from first round, we need target at least 14 from next 9, we have Pars, Ayr and Sons all at home, this must equal 9 points.....

On 10/15/2016 at 10:55 PM, shull said:

Saints 3 Sons 0

Crowd 2987

We will need to press them expertly and keep possession of the ball 100% of the time :1eye

Dumbarton have proved that they are no mugs when playing against us. Having said that, I agree that both possession and pressing will be important features in this an upcoming games.

Rocco Quinn now seems to be reaching full fitness (fingers crossed) and in my opinion, this is helping Kyle Hutton with his game and allowing Mallan to move forward more often and he looks much more comfortable and effective there. 

Competition for places seems to have increased and the first team squad is also being pressed by a number of the under 20's.

I also agree with DougJamie that results against Dumbarton, Dunfermline and Ayr. would be important in reaching 14 points from the next 9.

Being optimistic or demanding (choose as you wish) I would hope the target might be a bit higher at 17 points meaning 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

• 2 weeks later...
Dumbarton have proved that they are no mugs when playing against us. Having said that, I agree that both possession and pressing will be important features in this an upcoming games.

Rocco Quinn now seems to be reaching full fitness (fingers crossed) and in my opinion, this is helping Kyle Hutton with his game and allowing Mallan to move forward more often and he looks much more comfortable and effective there. 

Competition for places seems to have increased and the first team squad is also being pressed by a number of the under 20's.

I also agree with DougJamie that results against Dumbarton, Dunfermline and Ayr. would be important in reaching 14 points from the next 9.

Being optimistic or demanding (choose as you wish) I would hope the target might be a bit higher at 17 points meaning 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

Quinn is injured again, wasn't in the squad yesterday.

On 15/10/2016 at 10:50 PM, St.Ricky said:

A very important game, followed by others.

This game ia not important yet we need to deal with the muppets from doon the water tomo night first before we even contemplate dumbarton silly thread to try and start where we are at is game by game taking it that way not thinking games in advance 

6 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

This game ia not important yet we need to deal with the muppets from doon the water tomo night first before we even contemplate dumbarton silly thread to try and start where we are at is game by game taking it that way not thinking games in advance 

Silly thread started by St Ricky, well I never. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Silly thread started by St Ricky, well I never. :rolleyes:

You would know Faraway.

The game in question is our next league match.

It was posted before the rearranged date for the mortin game was known.

I apprecuate that there is not a lot to do in Saudi.

Been there a few times.