Saints V Dumbarton

St.Ricky

11 minutes ago, Richie P said:

I think it's about time you said we will get pumped mate. Reverse psychology and all that!! If we win you need to keep telling us we will get pumped.

Yes I agree, elvis to predict that we'll win easily and IOBS to say we'll get humped. That's what's needed. :thumbs2

On 15 October 2016 at 10:50 PM, St.Ricky said:

A very important game, followed quickly by others in november..

No shit?

We don't just play one game and then see where it all lands?

You would think someone would publish a calendar of games, a fixture list if you will, to show that we have >1 game in November

What insight you posess

Edited by beyond our ken

TopCat will be on my case here. Mate I'm going for a Saints win.

Would expect nothing less ;). One of these days you're going to be right and I'm going to be wrong, let's hope it's tomorrow.

As with the last few games, I think we will lose again. If we play like we did on Tuesday we certainly will. Even if we improve marginally on Tuesdays performance we will still lose.

We will need wholesale improvements in performance levels in all parts of the team if we are going to even get a point. A point at home to Dumbarton. Oh, how far we have fallen.

As for the team, it's quite simple what we need to do. 4-5-1 with young Magennis starting deep midfield. Then Sutton upfront on his own with Morgan, Mallan and one of Hardie or Walsh playing off him. Get Shankland and Clarkson out the match day squad and hoof long balls to John Sutton all day long and get those three youngsters sniffing for knockdowns and second balls off him. Do this and we will get something.

Sadly, I expect us to go some variance of 4-4-2 with Mallan and Hutton in midfield and at least one of Clarkson and Shankland upfront. Probably try to 'press them' and play 'exciting attacking football' and probably fail miserably, again.

0-2

After the "pride" shown in defending our Ton record on Tuesday- lets stop kidding ourselves.

Its not formation its a kick in the stones these imposters need.

We lose this we are 6 points back from Sons, we keep saying how important this is, surely these imposters must realize the financial implementations of another relegation.

I mean we will still support them, but the Suttons, Clarksons, Naismiths of this world will be taxi driver material ( no offence Shull)  

On the other hand - just to balance things up - we could just go and win on Saturday.

Now - wouldn't that feel great.

I have never heard of a golfer who visualises a bad shot finding that he hit the ball stone dead.

I have often heard however that visualising the outcome you would like provides more positive results.

Either side could win. Both sides desparately want a win.

Do we want it more than them?

Are we willing as fans to get behind and stay behind the team, mistakes and all, through the 90 minutes?

This time is as much of a test for the new manager, the players and us, the fans to show what we are made of.

Do we stand up and be counted or wimp out and peddle doom and gloom?

How can we expect the players to think positive if we cant?

Lets excercise our vocal chords to get behind the team for the full game.

COYS

I will go in the hope that the last time I watch them against Dundee Utd, we played as well as we have done all season. I know we weren't great that day but thought we were improving and if we can play the same way tomorrow I do think we will get our 1st league win. Dumbarton away record is as bad as our home record so hopefully we will get the monkey off our back and enjoy a few beers later :cheers

Realism bites...

We are urine, urine indeed.

The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad 0 - Dumbarton FC 2

I predict a crowd of 2751.  Boo's at half time and full time reaching a whopping 120 decibels.  I shall turn my deaf aid down at the final whistle to compensate.

People on yon big aeroplanes at Glasgow airport won't hear the engines for the sound of booing at 1645hrs!

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

On the other hand - just to balance things up - we could just go and win on Saturday.

Now - wouldn't that feel great.

I have never heard of a golfer who visualises a bad shot finding that he hit the ball stone dead.

I have often heard however that visualising the outcome you would like provides more positive results.

Either side could win. Both sides desparately want a win.

Do we want it more than them?

Are we willing as fans to get behind and stay behind the team, mistakes and all, through the 90 minutes?

This time is as much of a test for the new manager, the players and us, the fans to show what we are made of.

Do we stand up and be counted or wimp out and peddle doom and gloom?

How can we expect the players to think positive if we cant?

Lets excercise our vocal chords to get behind the team for the full game.

COYS

I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments and feel that the fans will have to get the team from the word go.

(By the way, chords are what are produced by the vocal cords!)

1 minute ago, smcc said:

I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments and feel that the fans will have to get the team from the word go.

1 minute ago, smcc said:

We are in accord.

For me us taking over 1,000 fans down to Greenock on a miserable Tuesday night when we haven't won a league game all season shows the commitment of the Saints fans. The players now need to step up to the plate. We will back them 10 fold if we can see something coming back on the park - it's time for the players to produce. 100% effort should be a given, Ffs their futures are on the line here. The turnaround MUST start today.
COYS !

I hate this time of year, getting up at 1.45am to watch a football match that is probably going to make me even more pissed off than I was when the alarm went off.

Such is the life of an antipodean Buddie, so here's hoping that this is the first home league win that'll kickstart this horrendous season...

2-0 Saints... :unsure:

21 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

I hate this time of year, getting up at 1.45am to watch a football match that is probably going to make me even more pissed off than I was when the alarm went off.

Such is the life of an antipodean Buddie, so here's hoping that this is the first home league win that'll kickstart this horrendous season...

If you were a real supporter you'd fly home for the games. :lol:

24 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

You are, officially, "aff yer flippin heid"............................:P