Saints V Dumbarton

St.Ricky

They really don't. We have to hope we can overhaul the entire squad in January.

As going down will cripple the club and support. Imagine the standard of dross we'll be looking to sign when we are relegated... I really don't fancy us pinning hopes on a youth academy that lets be frank isn't any good.

I agree with you. However, I don't know what option GLS will choose though. Can we be sure he's going to put his own money up? Cause that's the only way we can spend our way out of this. We don't have any other source of income.

He may well sit back and not change the playing budget at all. If he does, we go down. It's really up to him.

Sadly I don't think he will. Let's face it this isn't just this season. We've seen the club slowly degrade before our eyes over the last few years and those who have pointed it out have been shot down as "disloyal", "not a true fan", " boo boys" by the happy clappers who were so intent in being the most super loyal, uncriticising fan that they were content to sit and watch a clown like Tommy Craig dismantle what team he had.

Feel for young fans who's memories are built on this. A generation lost.

This squad could actually finish us!

I'm actually stunned at our ineptitude not just as a team , but as a club entity. Worst team in the Scottish second tier, no two ways about it.

Exotic away days next season look likely, but the question is, how will the players get to away games. Will they car share or get public transport with the fans. One thing for sure there will be no money for a bus for that lot.

It's actually genuinely laughable the state we are in. If the plan was to relegate the club to part time status, it's sheer genius.

St Mirren nil again.

:lol: :lol:

Can anybody really see us coming back to mount a challenge for the play offs?  Mid table is the best we can hope for with this lot, and that's being optimistic.

When I read your first sentence I assumed you meant relegation playoffs. As in can we challenge for ninth... and I was thinking, yeah probably just about.

Then I realised you meant promotion playoffs... :huh::lol:

Actually, just noticed we are the only team in Scotland AND England (including the National non leagues) , Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic without a win!

It's the darkest days for St Mirren since the mid 70's. Embarrassing doesn't quite cover it. Dumbarton came to Paisley and won today, and no one who understands football will be the least bit surprised. We really have fallen to new depths.

People used to go on about how bad it was under Coughlin, this is far, far worse. That squad was quickly rinsed and soon became figures of fun to look back on. Let's hope the same happens to this squad, and quickly.

Dumbarton have 10 points with 6 coming from beating us. :-(
I am waiting for us to bottom out and start to build up something but I can't see when we will turn the corner. We have changed the manager and in all honesty it has feck all difference. The player's have no heart and soul and as a club we are slipping into an even deeper coma that relegation from the SPL.

Dunfermline in two weeks time becomes even more important than ever. We really can't afford to lose that one.:-(

I am waiting for us to bottom out and start to build up something but I can't see when we will turn the corner. We have changed the manager and in all honesty it has feck all difference. The player's have no heart and soul and as a club we are slipping into an even deeper coma that relegation from the SPL.

Dunfermline in two weeks time becomes even more important than ever. We really can't afford to lose that one.:-(

It was 1-1 in Dumbarton between us earlier in the season. Back in the days of Alex Rae, which don't seem so bleak now.

Least we got the odd draw under him.

It has to be the players mate. A manager can try to motivate them but if they can't motivate themselves it's going to be grim big time. I'm really feel sadend. Such a great club brought to its knees by money grazing wasters.

Gut wrenching. I hope GLS is in this for the love  of the Club and not because it's the only way to get some value from his shares. The Club needs his hands on leadership and investment in decent players. I hope Jack Ross has the balls to spell out exactly who he needs in January to keep us in this division. Forget coaching this lot they are beyond redemption. 

Has GLS not already stated that he won't be putting his hand on his pocket to strengthen the squad? Well, if true so be it. Just as long as he's content to have seen our unbeaten record against Morton and likely relegation to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history on his watch.

I suspect he will do nothing. I think he won't put the money up to mutual consent those who need mutual consented and sign competent replacements.

And it's for that reason I will say for the first time, I think we will be relegated this season.

I hope Gordon proves me wrong and puts the cash up, to at least give us a punchers change of survival. Maybe we will get a statement from him on his thoughts and intentions this week? Communication with the fans and that... I heard it's meant to be much improved since he took over.

Looks like we've unearthed a gem in Jack Ross, mmm.

Still early days for him but FFS, 4 straight defeats and 1 goal.

And what a goal... when 3-0 down against your biggest rivals and most of the travelling support were already out the ground :lol:

Jack Ross isnt up to this task. Its nothing against him personally, i don't think any rookie manager would be up to it. We needed an experienced manager, someone who knew what it took to stay up in this league. Jack doesn't know what it takes, and by Christ you can tell. A truly awful appointment.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

I agree with you. However, I don't know what option GLS will choose though. Can we be sure he's going to put his own money up? Cause that's the only way we can spend our way out of this. We don't have any other source of income.

He may well sit back and not change the playing budget at all. If he does, we go down. It's really up to him.

The joys of attempting to be financially prudent in the game of football...