Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 29/10/16

shull

Hard to see us avoiding defeat here, but you never know.

I'm just hoping the teams above us don't pick up points and we stay within touching distance of 8th. Desperate times indeed.

2-0

Yep. Most predictable result of the day I guess. Just about within touching distance of those above us though...

Even in the darkest times of Murray's reign last year I never thought there was a chance we would go down to the third tier. I certainly can't say the same now, relegation is a very realistic possibility.

See Shankland and Clarkson completed yet another no goal no assist game today.

How many league minutes have they played between them without scoring this season now? However many it's far too many. Has there been a worse strike partnership in the history of the football club?

If we are going to stay up the squad needs a major revamp in January. Those two need to be rinsed along with several others. I don't know if we have the finances to do it, but I certainly hope so.

Well quite frankly the demise of our beloved football club since winning a major trophy just three years ago is down to our Mr Gilmour and our previous Board who showed little interest in running the club properly with a series of poor managerial appointments etc. I think Jack will get things right but it will take time.

Yep. Most predictable result of the day I guess. Just about within touching distance of those above us though...

Even in the darkest times of Murray's reign last year I never thought there was a chance we would go down to the third tier. I certainly can't say the same now, relegation is a very realistic possibility.

I don't think so points will come though maybe I am writing from the heart.

Well quite frankly the demise of our beloved football club since winning a major trophy just three years ago is down to our Mr Gilmour and our previous Board who showed little interest in running the club properly with a series of poor managerial appointments etc. I think Jack will get things right but it will take time.

The previous board were in charge for around 20 years. In that generation they had at the helm it was never this bad. To blame them is pretty bizarre IMO.

I don't think so points will come though maybe I am writing from the heart.

I thought that last year and they did. Also last year we had the buffer of Alloa who - thanks largely to our old pal Danny Lennon - were always going to finish tenth.

This year we don't have that. The two part time teams in the league this year are Ayr and Dumbarton. Both are clearly very well managed and are decent teams, certainly better teams than we are anyway.

What Jack Ross needs is a fantastic January window. It's clear the squad he's been left isn't any good. I just hope he gets the backing of the board to give it major surgery, and that his first transfer window as a full time manager is a success. If either he doesn't get the backing or it isn't a success we will get relegated.

Just now, TopCat said:

Of course relegation is a possibility however I do not believe it will happen. Maybe we have not being getting results lately but the team is playing better since Rae left and apparently today was very good in the first half Away to the league leaders. Wins in the next three games (Soaps Away and Dumbarton and Pars at Home) will lift us above both these teams. And January transfers could completely change the picture. I think Hardie, Walsh and Shankland loans end in Jan? - that would give us a few options to get other loan players in.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The previous board were in charge for around 20 years. In that generation they had at the helm it was never this bad. To blame them is pretty bizarre IMO.

They certainly deserved praise for most of their tenure, but there is no doubt that they took the foot off the gas once they decided to sell. Thats when they started to make some very strange decisions as regards the 'football' side of the club, so I don't think it's bizarre that they should take the bulk of the blame.

& you feel that their decisions in the last three years were beneficial to the club ??

They made mistakes of course.

They took over when we were mid table in the second tier and that's where they left us. They also cleared our debt, built us a new stadium and during their tenure we won a major title.

It's went downhill rapidly since they left that's for sure.