Queen of the South v St Mirren Championship 6/12/16

shull

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

Special mention to our Keeper Gallacher, Jack Ross is bringing the best out of him.

Jamie Langfield is his coach.

ETA perhaps that's why he's not got a clean sheet.

Edited by Kendo

5 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Just as well the game wasn't in Paisley or there would have been a couple of dozen more bannings by the club for over celebration !!!

Superb to slay the granny, lets build on this now. A long way back but a step in the right direction at last.

BBC website I get in NZ reports as such..................There will be more good news to follow

Buddies earn first league win

Queen of the South 2-3 St Mirren

Posted at 10:45

It's taken 15 matches, but finally, St Mirren have won a Championship game.

Stevie Mallan's 90th-minute winner decided a lively encounter in Dumfries. 

Jack Ross' men still lie six points adrift at the foot of the table, but Queens, having topped the standings as recently as October, have now lost seven Championship games on the bounce.

oh get off your high horse...Mallan was rank last season and has taken his time to get going this season

you cant pick one player out for praise after one victory when it was an almighty team effort ( management included)

Mallan is a brilliant wee player and yes he WILL shine for us again

but right now its a team effort required till season end

Rank last season? He scored 14 goals, a club record for a midfielder :lol:

If that's him rank I'd love to see how good he's going to get when he's playing well!

And I wasn't at the game, i was merely praising the match winner for scoring - by all accounts - another belter. Sorry if that offended you bud, enjoy your night!

Just now, TopCat said:

If that's him rank I'd love to see how good he's going to get when he's playing well!

Which striker scored the most goals for us last season?

Just now, TopCat said:

And I wasn't at the game, i was merely praising the match winner for scoring - by all accounts - another belter. Sorry if that offended you bud, enjoy your night!

fair play bud....and i am :guinness

2 hours ago, elvis said:

That's me done with this lot a shower of utter utter  shite no more of my cash from now on  been watching this mob for 44 years even when we were in the old second division we were never ever as bad as this shower .Deserve everything that's coming there way spineless bastards.

I agree :)

Just now, TopCat said:

your totally right 14 goals (humbled)

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

oh get off your high horse...Mallan was rank last season and has taken his time to get going this season

you cant pick one player out for praise after one victory when it was an almighty team effort ( management included)

Mallan is a brilliant wee player and yes he WILL shine for us again

but right now its a team effort required till season end

Surprising first here... I will defend Topcat!

No high horse involved.

Mallan has struggled for sure... but as a young lad being played in a midfield that was set up for failure by Alex Rae he had no chance. He was set up to struggle. As a young player of exceptional talent he deserved to be supported through that phase... but too many took the easy option and turned on the lad. Topcat is right to defend him and highlight his achievement.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Surprising first here... I will defend Topcat!

No high horse involved.

Mallan has struggled for sure... but as a young lad being played in a midfield that was set up for failure by Alex Rae he had no chance. He was set up to struggle. As a young player of exceptional talent he deserved to be supported through that phase... but too many took the easy option and turned on the lad. Topcat is right to defend him and highlight his achievement.

he is a midfielder is he not?

Absolutely tremendous!! All season been waiting for a performance with a bit of fight and dig in it and finally got one tonight!

Just showed tonight how much it meant to everyone that was there at the end!
Fans were brilliant again! Constantly backed the team from the very start.
Anyone know the official number of fans that went down cause we certainly made ourselves heard?

Last minute decision to go paid off big time! COYS!!

Just back from a memorable night in Dumfries.

It's a small step on the road to recovery but also a massive psychological one to get that league monkey off our backs.

First half thought we were pretty poor to be honest, the only highlights being a stunning goal from Magennis, who was our absolute star performer on the night, and a really great passage of play between Magennis and Morgan which had Queens in knots.

In between all that we gifted away two goals though and it looked like same old same old.

Second half we really went for it and although it was a bit end to end we fully deserved the equaliser through Ben Gordon who for me had his best game in the stripes to date.

We threw Shanks on and that really unsettled Queens but it was still back and forward, end to end stuff, and either side could have won it to be fair.

As Robinson denied us twice with excellent saves, and Gallacher and the woodwork denied the homeside it looked like it would finish 2-2 but then wee Mallan curled a cracker into the corner of the net with literally the last kick of the match and it sparked some  pretty mental scenes in the visiting end with all the players and fans all in a giant huddle at one point!

As I sawy small steps and all that, but what a massive win that could turn out to be if it can kick start our season.

MOM, by a mile, Kyle Magennis. Honourable mentions for Morgan, Gordon, MacKenzie, Gallacher and Naismith.

Onwards to Saturday now. Bring it!