Queen of the South v St Mirren Championship 6/12/16

shull

Very emotional night in Dumfries you would be forgiven for thinking we had just won the champions league,and that includes the celebrations from both the fans and the players.No very good for the auld ticker though.The joy on the players faces was a sight to behold,shows they really care.What a night.

18 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Very emotional night in Dumfries you would be forgiven for thinking we had just won the champions league,and that includes the celebrations from both the fans and the players.No very good for the auld ticker though.The joy on the players faces was a sight to behold,shows they really care.What a night.

Spot on. We can't get carried away but you could visibly see the relief on the players faces at the end. That was a major psychological victory and one that will *hopefully* see us take on a different approach in future games. When we are free from fear we are a fine side to watch going forward, defence still needs a lot of work though.

Thank f*ck for that! Was watching for the score on sky sports news and nearly knocked my tele off the wall when it came up. I really had a good feeling we might do it tonight, think the performances have improved the last few weeks and we just needed a wee break. Think now the pressure if off for that 1st win it'll really help, bring on the Raith!

Great result. Been coming for a while but here at last. On my way to Marracech this morning but spent last night sitting outside a closed restaurant in Baltic conditions in the High Atlas Mountains for a wifi signal. Only question is how the f**k did we win this without the attitude, drive, leadership, passing and shooting of Kyle Hutton?

Great to hear that the game was won by a Stevie Mallan shot from outside the box after a corner.

Credit to Jack Ross for this, because prior to him coming Mallan took all the corners. I noticed at the last game Stevie Mallan wasn't taking them all but was hanging outside the box for a loose clearance. Good to see something like this paying off.

22 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Great to hear that the game was won by a Stevie Mallan shot from outside the box after a corner.

Credit to Jack Ross for this, because prior to him coming Mallan took all the corners. I noticed at the last game Stevie Mallan wasn't taking them all but was hanging outside the box for a loose clearance. Good to see something like this paying off.

Mallan actually took the corner that ultimately led to the goal, the ball was cleared after a bit of a stramash in the box, then Irvine fed the ball back out to Morgan on the left with a great header on the half way line. Morgan cut inside and was fouled but the ref (to his credit which was the only credit he got all night) waved advantage as the ball fell to Mallan at the edge of the box and he then curled in a cracker right into the bottom right corner of the net.

So there :P

22 minutes ago, Kendo said:

It's like Harry Kane all over again :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, div said:

Mallan actually took the corner that ultimately led to the goal, the ball was cleared after a bit of a stramash in the box, then Irvine fed the ball back out to Morgan on the left with a great header on the half way line. Morgan cut inside and was fouled but the ref (to his credit which was the only credit he got all night) waved advantage as the ball fell to Mallan at the edge of the box and he then curled in a cracker right into the bottom right corner of the net.

So there :P

Oops :wub:

You should have explained it better the first time, you're a hopeless reporter. :P

I stand corrected Jack Ross deserves no credit. :lol:

Just now, Kendo said:

Oops :wub:

You should have explained it better the first time, you're a hopeless reporter. :P

I stand corrected Jack Ross deserves no credit. :lol:

He deserves massive credit for absolutely chasing down all three points when he could possibly have been forgiven late on for settling for a point away from home.

Whatever he said at half time worked wonders as the second half performance was night and day from the first.

31 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Jaked as usual. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

The Season is on the turn and it is going to be a magical ride all the way to May. 

I'm surprised that you've no started another thread to whinge aboot "overpaid Jessie players in their coloured boots messing up a great chance of a new record series of defeats"...