Queen of the South v St Mirren Championship 6/12/16

shull

17 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

He did flash a card at someone after the winner but as I had a guy I don't know hugging and kissing me at the time I couldn't make out who it was. I assume Mallan but can't be 100% sure

I wasn't at the game just going by flashscores but it certainly wouldn't be the first time they were wrong. Maybe the ref was just giving Mallan his number :wub:

51 minutes ago, antrin said:

I'm surprised that you've no started another thread to whinge aboot "overpaid Jessie players in their coloured boots messing up a great chance of a new record series of defeats"...

I am trying to drive. Dinnae have me  sleeping on the job. :snore

Edited by shull

So glad I went last night  - after getting caught up in M8 traffic and doing 80 all the way  down M74 - stupid I know- got in right on kick off.

As our choir sang  'what a night'

By the way what were the words - I only caught "..Lewis Morgan on the right..." and  " ...Mallan is dynamite.."

I'm delighted at the win, it sounds like quite a tousy affair but that is the kind of game we need to be in rather than the sterile and gutless trash of the last two years.

To use a boxing analogy for our season, this win is the same as losing the first three rounds, getting knocked down in the fourth and getting off the canvas to get back into the fight in the fifth.  Still more than half of the bout to go but at least we are connecting rather than slugging and missing, even if we take a few more punches.

Getting goals from midfield and set-pieces is key to any success-it gets the opponents attention and creates space for attackers to exploit, if they are able.  It's great to see this happening for us.  Time to be positive and support both the manager and the team

^not at all. Saints were a joy to watch at times in the first half with some great passages of play. Not enough cutting edge but being behind at ht was an injustice. Second half Saints did most of the pressing but queens were always dangerous. Fully deserved the win and a great strike to win it and sent the fans mental.
Every single player came over at the end with clenched fists raised. What a huge win to get the monkey off our backs and a great performance from the boys especially in the trying circumstances

35 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

^not at all. Saints were a joy to watch at times in the first half with some great passages of play. Not enough cutting edge but being behind at ht was an injustice. Second half Saints did most of the pressing but queens were always dangerous. Fully deserved the win and a great strike to win it and sent the fans mental.
Every single player came over at the end with clenched fists raised. What a huge win to get the monkey off our backs and a great performance from the boys especially in the trying circumstances

The ole's as we passed it about in the first half and there was some showboating from one of the youngsters was fantastic, even if it did reach the inevitable end of a pish ball into the box.

The ole's as we passed it about in the first half and there was some showboating from one of the youngsters was fantastic, even if it did reach the inevitable end of a pish ball into the box.

Loved that. Jamie Hamill didny[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]