Austrailian Fans Visit

I started following Saints after moving to the area in 1973.

In season 1974/1975 I began taking my two boys and three, sometimes four of their pals to games home and away.

This continued until most moved away from the area for work after their studies were complete.

It was great to meet one of these Martin Wallace and his two kids at a recent game.

This was the kids first visit to the ground although Martin has been before and came back for our 2013 Cup Win.

Martin was there with his brother. Martin is a journalist in Sydney.

Some of you may know the family.

His father David Wallace was a teacher in Johnstone who died too young.,

Here's a helpful little tip so you don't feel like you've wasted your time openig this thread. 

If you're an avid avocado eater like me, you'll probably understand the struggle of bringing home black over ripe avo's. 

When in the super market if an avocado seems ripe to the touch simply remove the 'pip'  or 'stem' from the top. If it's brown, set it down. If it's green, cash machine. 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't antagonise him, he's a poor mans (pardon the pun) Bluto. :rolleyes:

Two sentences - not one.  Full stop after "him".

There needs to be an apostrophe in "mans".

Also, I don't believe Bluto used a capital 'B'.

What's two typos between posters?

Gives you something to do, whilst sitting beside a pool, bored out of your wits.

Here's a helpful little tip so you don't feel like you've wasted your time openig this thread. 

If you're an avid avocado eater like me, you'll probably understand the struggle of bringing home black over ripe avo's. 

When in the super market if an avocado seems ripe to the touch simply remove the 'pip'  or 'stem' from the top. If it's brown, set it down. If it's green, cash machine. 

I'd seen that in a magazine.

Have also seen that since avacodos became trendy through vegans and hipsters loving the "good natural fats" rain forests are getting ruined as farmers are trying to cash in on the new trend.

Pesky vegans.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Two sentences - not one.  Full stop after "him".

There needs to be an apostrophe in "mans".

Also, I don't believe Bluto used a capital 'B'.

What's two typos between posters?

Gives you something to do, whilst sitting beside a pool, bored out of your wits.

:snore

As usual with your posts, stopped reading after the first four words.

Thanks anyway. 

Now why would I mask that? I didn't know their photographs were on line but delighted to see them.

I met Martin, his kids and his brother before a recent home game that they attended.

A steward kindly took photographs of us in front of the ground.

Well done to the club for welcoming them.

Lovely kids. The young girl is the footballer in the family.

The young lad plays Rugby.

Martin remains a very nice guy.

Edited by St.Ricky

On 20/10/2016 at 0:33 PM, St.Ricky said:

Now why would I mask that? I didn't know their photographs were on line but delighted to see them.

I met Martin, his kids and his brother before a recent home game that they attended.

A steward kindly took photographs of us in front of the ground.

Well done to the club for welcoming them.

Lovely kids. The young girl is the footballer in the family.

The young lad plays Rugby.

Martin remains a very nice guy.

Cheers St. Ricky. Always good to see the St. Mirren family return from overseas. Good luck to you all and safe home to the wide brown land. ;-)

Some of you may know the family.

His father David Wallace was a teacher in Johnstone who died too young.,

My House Master at high school in Johnstone - and my Technical Drawing Teacher - was David Wallace. My Mum worked in the school and I remember her telling me that he died while still teaching at another school. He was a nice guy and a good teacher.

I guess this lends some credibility to your OP, St Ricky. I know this will be important to you in the ongoing battle for hearts and minds (and threads). [emoji3]

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

My House Master at high school in Johnstone - and my Technical Drawing Teacher - was David Wallace. My Mum worked in the school and I remember her telling me that he died while still teaching at another school. He was a nice guy and a good teacher.

I guess this lends some credibility to your OP, St Ricky. I know this will be important to you in the ongoing battle for hearts and minds (and threads). emoji3.png

Exactly who he was. A friend of mine any our family.

Thanks South Side - He was a genuine guy.