The Championship 2016/2017 - What a League this is.

What a league this is. After today's results the top 5 teams are seperated by only 4 points.Ayr United are the surprise package and Saints sit at the bottom of the pile.

Things will change, of that I have no doubt but what a rollercoaster of a season this is going to be for so many clubs and fans, not least those who follow the Saints.

As It Stands

Team P GD Pts
1   Hibernian 10 9 21

2   Dundee Utd 10 6 18
3   Queen of Sth 10 4 18
4   Raith Rovers 10 4 17

5   Falkirk 10 3 17
6   Ayr 10 -4 14
7   Morton 9 1 12
8   Dunfermline 10 -7 7

9   Dumbarton 10 -7 6

10   St Mirren 9 -9 4

hIBS SCORED A LATE, LATE GOAL T MAKE IT 3-1 TO HIBS

View full Scottish Championship table

Top Stories

Edited by St.Ricky

Other teams such as Ayr and Morton are getting results that we couldn't get in a month of Sunday's and have pulled well away from us.  It's only a matter of time before Dunfermline start doing the same, then it will be between us and Dumbarton. Jack Ross has a massive job of work on as even 9 games into the season we look like goners.

29 minutes ago, scottd said:

Other teams such as Ayr and Morton are getting results that we couldn't get in a month of Sunday's and have pulled well away from us.  It's only a matter of time before Dunfermline start doing the same, then it will be between us and Dumbarton. Jack Ross has a massive job of work on as even 9 games into the season we look like goners.

To be fair, QOS seem to have a significant number of injuries which have coincided with their last two disappointing performances against the aforementioned teams.

We are in a very bad place no getting away from that fact. I'm not panicking have seen a marked improvement since Alex Rae left we will finish mid table points will come. Look what has happend to a flying QOS wonder what there problem is.

59 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
59 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We are in a very bad place no getting away from that fact. I'm not panicking have seen a marked improvement since Alex Rae left we will finish mid table points will come. Look what has happend to a flying QOS wonder what there problem is.

Didn't someone mention QOS had quite a few injuries recently?

The big difference is they have plenty points under their belt to handle a run of bad injuries, we, clearly don't.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I think Faraway is correct and that QOS have injururies.

Being just a little more positive, the bottom 3 are separated by 3 points and  we have a game in hand (admitedly against Morton away). 

Defensively we are utterly embarrassing. This is what is costing us games. 

Very little cover in front of the 2 centre half and as for the CH's....  you can literally look at every game and see where the goals come from. Particular highlights are; 

Dunfermline away (2 of the most embarrassing goals conceded this season caused by the CH's)

Dundee utd at home, 2 vile errors from the CH's.

I wish JR all the best and hope he can grind enough results to keep us up, but sadly i think the rot has set in (a few years slowing catching up on us) and I don't think we can turn things around. 

The club moral, team moral are the lowest I have seen in the 25 years of watching saints.

I hope we can turn it around... Gonna take some great management though. 

Its a sing we are up shit street when Ayr, Dumbarton, Morton and Dunfermline are all sitting above you in the league. Really sad state of affairs. I will still  be there every week though......

17 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Defensively we are utterly embarrassing. This is what is costing us games. 

Very little cover in front of the 2 centre half and as for the CH's....  you can literally look at every game and see where the goals come from. Particular highlights are; 

Dunfermline away (2 of the most embarrassing goals conceded this season caused by the CH's)

Dundee utd at home, 2 vile errors from the CH's.

I wish JR all the best and hope he can grind enough results to keep us up, but sadly i think the rot has set in (a few years slowing catching up on us) and I don't think we can turn things around. 

The club moral, team moral are the lowest I have seen in the 25 years of watching saints.

I hope we can turn it around... Gonna take some great management though. 

Its a sing we are up shit street when Ayr, Dumbarton, Morton and Dunfermline are all sitting above you in the league. Really sad state of affairs. I will still  be there every week though......

Hard to take a different view on what has gone before over the past two years or so.

JR does have a job on his hands - that much is true.

Success is clearly built on not giving away goals, particularly of the type you mention.

Wins are needed.  We are down to the core support.

Like you, I will be there.

A winning november would be very welcome.

Edited by St.Ricky

I think we are very fortunate

Most teams after our horrendous start would already be adrift. At one stage with Pars winning and Sons drawing we were. In saying that our game in hand is Hibs away....

Jack inherited this mess, IM inherited our relegated mess and AR inherited IMs mess, your could also argue that GT inherited TCs mess.

November will show us all just what our squad is all about. Do they fold to teams with fight and tactics, or do they rise , play a good system and climb.

Championship is very poor this year. Lets not kid ourselves on, we all laughed at Raiths apt of manager, and we purred over our squad.........

We have 4 points and 3 of those point were goals in last 10 mins to salvage a draw, least shows a degree of fight....... hopefully a positive JR can get some performances going......  

Yeah what a plummet...................

See what happens when wee teams like us get greedy, happened in 1988 after Cup, happened 2014 after eh cup......

If we win the Irn Bru Cup we will be in the Lowland League in 3 years..................

Shame you cant pick a new team............... Why is that?

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yeah what a plummet...................

See what happens when wee teams like us get greedy, happened in 1988 after Cup, happened 2014 after eh cup......

If we win the Irn Bru Cup we will be in the Lowland League in 3 years..................

Shame you cant pick a new team............... Why is that?

If only Doug-Jamie

Then I would be picking either the Perth Saints (no) or Stirling Albion (no) or Falkirk (maybeish) as my nearest teams.

Would save me a lot of travel time and costs but --- no.

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If only Doug-Jamie

Then I would be picking either the Perth Saints (no) or Stirling Albion (no) or Falkirk (maybeish) as my nearest teams.

Would save me a lot of travel time and costs but --- no.

I think our motto over the last 3 years should be

" Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse"

In  my 40 year support I have never known it as bad as this............... Second tier and we cant win a game....... 

Lack of direction and support, poor recruitment, woeful appointments, no tactics, no backbones ,, and somehow we have gone from an ok side to a total joke....

The lack of respect to the fans is appalling, far to many just wanting out, we have bagged talent and recruited muppets.

Carey, Samson, McGowan, Goodwin, Kelly, even MM, far better than what we have............. add to that a young manager (DL) who took our club forward, sure he d many blips, but end of day he had us 15 places higher than we are now and a national trophy.

Bitter---------- eh yeah----------

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think our motto over the last 3 years should be

" Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse"

In  my 40 year support I have never known it as bad as this............... Second tier and we cant win a game....... 

Lack of direction and support, poor recruitment, woeful appointments, no tactics, no backbones ,, and somehow we have gone from an ok side to a total joke....

The lack of respect to the fans is appalling, far to many just wanting out, we have bagged talent and recruited muppets.

Carey, Samson, McGowan, Goodwin, Kelly, even MM, far better than what we have............. add to that a young manager (DL) who took our club forward, sure he d many blips, but end of day he had us 15 places higher than we are now and a national trophy.

Bitter---------- eh yeah----------

Hard to dissagree,

I have followed the Saints since 1974.

There have been some great moments and some downs.

The loss of momentum following our cup win in 2013 has been prolonged.

Made worse by the off the park happenings or non happenings. Of that I have no doubt.

I don't think we will ever get the full story about why Danny Lennon was allowed to leave at the end of his contract.

From then - Freefall - But.

Changes now made at all levels with a new board, fresh energy and a manager of their choice to show backing for.

Onwards and upwards - we hope.

Mate, I share your hope............. Clubs that go into freefall always have a reason

Coventry, Blackpool, Bolton, Leeds, Pars, Livi, Dundee- massive financial upheaval or a dodgy chairman or both

Apparently we have neither............ so why are we in freefall.

Thommo knew AR was going to get push after Sons game- eh why? Fans knew DL was not going to get a contract -eh why

One answer. Our BOD are a disgrace...... they are the common factor here.

So whilst Gordon is a fan ( whooppeee, SG certainly wasnt !!) he better really be in this for the long run.

Cause we seem to falling down to total mismanagement of players, staff and performance, no outside factors.....

Hmmmm I wonder

The club in hindsight was in some sort of hiatus as SG sought a buyer for the club. Managerial appointments were done on the cheap/ within budgetary restrictions and McLean was sold to balance said budgets or for cash flow as the previous board weren't willing to invest further in a business they wanted out of.

Season started horribly and Rae was ditched.  There's some good players in the squad and Ross is a promising manager. Will it be enough to haul ourselves off of the foot of the table? Here's hoping...