The Championship 2016/2017 - What a League this is.

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Its a whole new regime now so we have to give it time. I know we haven't had a great start but I just don't believe we will not improve over the next few weeks .A mid table finish will do me this season and push on next season .

Bud I am with you. we must be the only club that has to re evaluate our season for the 4th year running.. Way way down on what would have been the minimum expectations...

That would be top 4 in a league .

Anyway thick and thin and all that 

7 minutes ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

The club in hindsight was in some sort of hiatus as SG sought a buyer for the club. Managerial appointments were done on the cheap/ within budgetary restrictions and McLean was sold to balance said budgets or for cash flow as the previous board weren't willing to invest further in a business they wanted out of.

Season started horribly and Rae was ditched.  There's some good players in the squad and Ross is a promising manager. Will it be enough to haul ourselves off of the foot of the table? Here's hoping...

Mate, you can do management appts on the cheap, they don't have to be a car crash and turn the club upside down

You need a BOD that supports, not one that just tries to get shot ........

Some Cheap Appointments--------- Canning, Archiebald, Forlan, Most QOS managers, Raith twice, Duffy (he is on 45k)

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, you can do management appts on the cheap, they don't have to be a car crash and turn the club upside down

You need a BOD that supports, not one that just tries to get shot ........

Some Cheap Appointments--------- Canning, Archiebald, Forlan, Most QOS managers, Raith twice, Duffy (he is on 45k)

That's what I was getting at. The Tommy Craig appointment was a fiasco, was he waiting outside the chairman's office while DL was getting his jotters?

Anyway the Ross appointment seems to have been carried out on a sensible manner, i.e. an interview process. 

We probably need 2 or 3 wins over the next five league fixtures and avoid defeat to Ayr, Dumbarton or Dunfermline at a bare minimum.

This league is dog eat dog so the players will need to get the sleeves rolled up and get ready for each game otherwise January will see a few of the squad moving on.

2 hours ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

The club in hindsight was in some sort of hiatus as SG sought a buyer for the club. Managerial appointments were done on the cheap/ within budgetary restrictions and McLean was sold to balance said budgets or for cash flow as the previous board weren't willing to invest further in a business they wanted out of.

Season started horribly and Rae was ditched.  There's some good players in the squad and Ross is a promising manager. Will it be enough to haul ourselves off of the foot of the table? Here's hoping...

rumour has it you were at the partick game on Saturday can you confirm ?

2 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

rumour has it you were at the partick game on Saturday can you confirm ?

Aye I was there with big Dave J.  They seemed to tighten up by playing a 3-5-2 before their inevitable collapse late on. I wonder if we could look at that formation on the road to tighten things up? Might be lacking the personnel even if Gordon is recalled.

I've not seen you at a game for a while Motherwell Saint? :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2016 at 11:14 AM, faraway saint said:

And to think only a few years ago there were threads/posts debating if we were going to be top 6 and that cracker........"we're going to the next level"......................pity the next level was downwards. :lol:

Oh to have the gift of prophecy. Jump to the next season and St Mirren win theChampionship. 

Keep the faith