Best Gerry Rafferty album ?

munoz

On 24 October 2016 at 5:56 PM, faraway saint said:

All this nostalgia fired me up to download the hits of Rafferty & Stealers Wheel...................

Wish I hadn't bothered, nostalgia is best left in the past.

After 4 tracks, deleted. :thumbsdown

Suppose anyone can have a change of opinion , eh ? 

Not sure if I posted this before, but, While in Japan a few years back, they have birdsong instead of Just beeping when the crossing lights turn green. In one town they played "coming through the rye" instead. 

For the paisley 2021 bid why not change our crossing light beeps to Gerry's rift from Baker street. I think that would be a great advert for one of Paisley's most famous cultural sons. 

1 minute ago, insaintee said:

Not sure if I posted this before, but, While in Japan a few years back, they have birdsong instead of Just beeping when the crossing lights turn green. In one town they played "coming through the rye" instead. 

For the paisley 2021 bid why not change our crossing light beeps to Gerry's rift from Baker street. I think that would be a great advert for one of Paisley's most famous cultural sons. 

Good idea.  Not so sure if anyone ever got a recording of Gerry rifting, mind ye.

The Baker Street sax riff would cut through the noise of people and traffic better than birdsong, though....

Just now, antrin said:

Good idea.  Not so sure if anyone ever got a recording of Gerry rifting, mind ye.

The Baker Street sax riff would cut through the noise of people and traffic better than birdsong, though....

The bird song is surprisingly effective, It's a recording of the dawn chorus and is both loud and quite peaceful. I did worry about what would happen if you were blind and trying to cross the road really early in the morning:o

Thankfully I never had that problem.

But then what would happen if someone was playing Baker street on the car radio with the window open. :lol:

I still think we should do it. 

4 hours ago, insaintee said:

But then what would happen if someone was playing Baker street on the car radio with the window open. :lol:

:lol: You would get dafties doing that.:lol:

Could we not have the lights playing music by different Paisley Artists.I'd love to see the pensioners crossing the road at the Paisley Centre to...........My head is in a spin,my feet don't touch the ground. :spud5