Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

Now is a good a time as any to get the ball rolling.

NEW BOARD - NEW ERA - SMART IDEAS

Hopefully, behind the scenes at Greenhill Road , those with the power are getting things organised regarding next Season's Kits.

Like .......

Home Strip - Got to be proper Black and White Stripes ( similar to 2012/13 )

Away/Change Strip - Preferably Red and tasteful

Third Strip - Not fussed about having one , but would have been an ideal time for a proper replica of the 1987 kit ) launched May 16th 2017.

Most importantly, get the Home Kit and maybe the Away one in the Shops ( Saints Shop also ) in time for April 2017 , just as the decent weather starts to kick in.

And finally .......

HOPFULLY NO JD SPORTS OR ST MIRREN FAN COUNCIL INVOLVEMENT FOR 2017/18 

Edited by shull

If we don't go with JD Sports then we're almost certainly resigning ourselves to a branded up bit of teamwear out a catalogue like we did in the Hummel days.

We will be able to get a Nike or Adidas logo on the shirt which will keep the kids happy, and we will be able to buy in the stadium which will keep everyone happy. That's the good news.

Now that bad.

We'll also be at least two players down on the first team budget given all the sponsorship that JD have put our way.

Like them or not losing JD would create a big hole in our finances.

If we don't go with JD Sports then we're almost certainly resigning ourselves to a branded up bit of teamwear out a catalogue like we did in the Hummel days.

We will be able to get a Nike or Adidas logo on the shirt which will keep the kids happy, and we will be able to buy in the stadium which will keep everyone happy. That's the good news.

Now that bad.

We'll also be at least two players down on the first team budget given all the sponsorship that JD have put our way.

The Hummel kit wasn't branded up teamwear. It was bespoke. My side had a teamwear Hummel kit - which we bought from Alan and Rene - and the difference in quality between that and the replica St Mirren kit was night and day. I asked Alan about it and he explained the off the peg stuff we bought was manufactured in Sweden, the stuff St Mirren were getting was being made under license in Eastern Europe because of the low order quantities and the insistence that the kit be bespoke.

2 hours ago, div said:

Now that bad.

Having owned a few of the Hummell (and indeed, Xara) kits, I can honestly say they are of far superior quality to the vast majority of JD sports wear that I've had. 

Weren't most of them also custom rather than catalogue? I remember the mostly black one from about 2008 with the black back was pretty much identical to Elgin that season but that's the only cheap looking one I can remember. I remember AWP saying to me one year that he was gunning to get Canterbury on board to do the bespoke kits (at the time they did Motherwell, Wishaw RC and Paisley RC, all of whom also fell under the Provan suppliers banner) but it fell through as the UK subsidiary of Canterbury went tits up. Was a shame as they did a good job with the Motherwell shirts. 

Finance is really the only reason we'd stay with JD. Everything else about them is awful and due to the fact that the stadium is pretty much a running advert for them, I'd say they do as well from us as we do from them on a financial basis. They certainly wouldn't be running at a loss. 

If this story is correct, JD's suppliers require a lead-in time of 150 days from order...5 months!! That timescale astounds me given that extremely fast turnaround times are key to the modern clothing/fashion industry. Fake strips are on the shelves and available online within hours of  ManU/Barca/Madrid  strips being revealed or leaked.

To have strip launch in May 2017, the designs would have to be agreed and orders submitted to the manufacturer in early December. For a July launch, prior to the season starting, it would be Feb.

I'd imagine they would already have to be pretty advanced with the design work  to achieve an early launch next year.

Also, i'm sure I read somewhere that the quantities ordered are based on the previous sales. That being the case, JD don't do themselves any favours in that dept by launching the strips late and missing summer, as well as the pre season hope and anticipation. Jeso, this season was all but over by the time the away and third kits were 'released'.

Personally, I really like the bespoke kits and detailing we've had in recent years. Shame about the service from JD.

Think there were posts suggesting that this season's kit was signed off - by the fans council at least - around this time last year. Absolutely no excuse for the shambles that followed. There is surely a way we can get kits from JD Sports and have them on time and in the club shop. It's not a one or the other situation.

Seem to remember the Hummel kits being bespoke - that was the excuse used the one time they were delayed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news yet on next Seasons kit? 

I presume they have been chosen and they will be proper traditional black and white stripes. 

And hopefully be  on sale come April 2017.

And most importantly, JD Sports are booted tae f**k. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Any news yet on next Seasons kit? 

I presume they have been chosen and they will be proper traditional black and white stripes. 

And hopefully be  on sale come April 2017.

And most importantly, JD Sports are booted tae f**k. 

Whit?

This seasons isn't long out and your looking for next seasons?

What are you doing with them?

This Season's monstrosity of a home kit must be binned. 

Still the Fans Council haven't apologised for their despicable choice. 

The replica of the 87 strip should have been brought out next May on the f**king anniversary and only as a Third Kit.

Fannies 

On 25 October 2016 at 10:54 AM, div said:

Now that bad.

All those who wanted this did not realise what a good deal we were getting

The new Board have been in control for long enough. 

They must know what's happening with the new Kit? 

Will they be on sale in the Spring and will they be St Mirren strips and not Ayr United replicas? 

Hopefully there will be a third Strip that comes out in May to properly commemorate the glorious cup win of May the 16th 1987.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, shull said:

Now is a good a time as any to get the ball rolling.

NEW BOARD - NEW SHITE THREAD STARTED.

HOPFULLY NO JD SPORTS OR ST MIRREN FAN COUNCIL INVOLVEMENT FOR 2017/18 

Usually I'd body-swerve this sort of "strips" shite, but I've been hopping that froggie would loup into this thread to point out the spelling mistake in the big capital letters...

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, shull said:

And no Fans Council input please. 

They made a right baws of the kit this Season. 

Allan Wardrop has moved from the fans council to the board so he is still inputing!

2 hours ago, shull said:

And no Fans Council input please. 

They made a right baws of the kit this Season. 

This season's kit will be hard to match for quality. Home and away kits both excellent. I think it will be back to stripes next season, but delighted -  as most of us are - that we went with the 1987 commemorative kit this season, along with another blast from the past with the black paisley pattern effort.