Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Amateur hour. No other way to describe it. That's a first team kit in a Championship game. FFS.

I`ve got to say that really is an embarrassment. Joma should be hauled over the coals for that. For a professional football kit to fail before ONE game has elapsed is an absolute Joke.

Whoever negotiated the deal needs to provide some answers pretty quickly..... from both sides .

Joma are a well established recognised name in the industry. The club couldn't have foreseen these incidents. They do need to get to the bottom of where things went wrong and perhaps should have ensured the first team kit was ready and fit for purpose.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Joma are a well established recognised name in the industry. The club couldn't have foreseen these incidents. They do need to get to the bottom of where things went wrong and perhaps should have ensured the first team kit was ready and fit for purpose.

I understand the club could not have foreseen these problems but the fans buy from St.Mirren, they dont buy from Joma.   e.g. If Tesco have a problem with iffy product , its Tescos job to sort it & keep their punters informed . You wouldnt expect their supplier / manufacturer to come out & explain to the public.

Joma need to attend to this issue straight away , explain what went wrong to their customer (St.mirren f.c.) and ensure it doesnt happen again. Saints need to keep us up to speed. It is not acceptable to continue to sell a product which simply is not fit for purpose .

16 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I understand the club could not have foreseen these problems but the fans buy from St.Mirren, they dont buy from Joma.   e.g. If Tesco have a problem with iffy product , its Tescos job to sort it & keep their punters informed . You wouldnt expect their supplier / manufacturer to come out & explain to the public.

Joma need to attend to this issue straight away , explain what went wrong to their customer (St.mirren f.c.) and ensure it doesnt happen again. Saints need to keep us up to speed. It is not acceptable to continue to sell a product which simply is not fit for purpose .

Disagree. IF there's a problem with a certain brand of food in Tesco, it's the makers of that food who will have to face the music. Tesco might apologise for the offending items, but they have no part in the making of them and only accept delivery. They may stop stocking the offending items until they are assured they are of the correct quality. 

In our situation, we should be putting a rocket up Joma's arse and making it clear this is completely unacceptable. There isn't a lot else we can do in our position - we don't have alternative items to sell in place of the kit.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Disagree. IF there's a problem with a certain brand of food in Tesco, it's the makers of that food who will have to face the music. Tesco might apologise for the offending items, but they have no part in the making of them and only accept delivery. They may stop stocking the offending items until they are assured they are of the correct quality. 

In our situation, we should be putting a rocket up Joma's arse and making it clear this is completely unacceptable. There isn't a lot else we can do in our position - we don't have alternative items to sell in place of the kit.

The quality control issues with the kit are clearly Joma's fault, not St Mirren's. However, I shop at Tesco almost exclusively, and if I end up with goods that are faulty, past their sell-by date, or are off, I don't fire off complaints to Heinz, Cadbury or Mackies Ice Cream - I go back into Tesco and effectively say 'This is unacceptable, get it sorted (MacPherson)'.

Like it or not, fair or not, St Mirren signing up with what appears to be a shoddy kit manufacturer reflects badly on St Mirren. I agree fully with the sentiment 'St Mirren should be firing a rocket up Joma's arse'. Any of us would, if we had signed up with, let's say, Sky TV, and were receiving dreadful service. We'd be right in their ear. Hopefully the St Mirren BoD are in Joma's ear. Politely of course, but I would hope, firmly.

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I bought my brother £50 worth of gift vouchers in April to get the new top when it comes out. Didn't know the gift shop doesn't except gift vouchers for the tops. Was that the chat back when we used to sell tops?

Hope you're not going to criticise the Club again? 

You will never be a true fan again. 

:lol:

22 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I knew you'd say that. emoji23.png

Surprised the Shop couldn't find a way to accept the Voucher 

They have been brilliant this week in relation to me trying to get Kit for my wee yin. 

Could the Voucher just not be returned and cash given back? 

Surprised the Shop couldn't find a way to accept the Voucher 
They have been brilliant this week in relation to me trying to get Kit for my wee yin. 
Could the Voucher just not be returned and cash given back? 

That was my thoughts. Surely just an exchange for cash... otherwise I would just of given him cash. Let's be honest strips are the main thing people will buy. Also wasn't told at the time even though I said that's what the vouchers were for. Messaged the club (nicely) to see what the chat is, if it's been a miscommunication or something they'd consider changing/ highlighting when they're purchased.

42 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That was my thoughts. Surely just an exchange for cash... otherwise I would just of given him cash. Let's be honest strips are the main thing people will buy. Also wasn't told at the time even though I said that's what the vouchers were for. Messaged the club (nicely) to see what the chat is, if it's been a miscommunication or something they'd consider changing/ highlighting when they're purchased.

That's a shame. Especially when the money is all for the one cause. 

Mind you, in the Shop strips can only be purchased from the "Joma " counter and the rest of Shop stock from the main.Till. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

That's a shame. Especially when the money is all for the one cause. 

Mind you, in the Shop strips can only be purchased from the "Joma " counter and the rest of Shop stock from the main.Till. 

True, will see what they say anyway and let the forum know.