Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

Aye, so some fans on a forum ask when the kit will be launched, and the world's third biggest sports supplier jump to attention? Right ye' are.

No but why have the club posted some pretty poor quality pictures of kits then? Especially when they have said there will be a 'proper' launch next week

Guaranteed next week we will have the professional graphics treatment, players in the kit etc. No idea why we didn't wait, not like it's on sale today

Just now, foxbar_bud said:

No but why have the club posted some pretty poor quality pictures of kits then? Especially when they have said there will be a 'proper' launch next week

Guaranteed next week we will have the professional graphics treatment, players in the kit etc. No idea why we didn't wait, not like it's on sale today

I agree completely. Why not make a statement on the club website announcing the date of the official launch and do it properly and profressionally with the big reveal. Make that statement a fortnight ago, and in the lead-up to the launch, release a couple of 'teaser' images showing a certain detail in close-up. Maybe the collar area, or something to show the thicker stripe.

St Mirren - Communication - Shite.

5 minutes ago, MarkL said:

The question is what will it look like on the more rotund fella at fivesemoji15.png

Asking for a friend...

It's got mesh for breatheability, elastic for elasticity, and a stretchy bit for stretchyness, plus, your moisture will be wicked away before you can say 'gie's a signing'... what do you want - fat basturt' technology?

Typical St Mirren fan. Over-expectant moaning faced barsteward. :D

Looks good to me, black & white stripes were what everyone on here wanted.
Seems people are whinging about how it was communicated after bumping there gums about it being late. Irrespective of what the board or commercial team do it will never please everyone.
Waiting for the flak on the official launch, away kit not being released, cost, availability, etc.

Just now, TOWIE said:

Looks good to me, black & white stripes were what everyone on here wanted.

Well, aye, would have been a bold move for Joma to go for, erm, yellow and orange hoops. Fair play to Joma. First ever St Mirren kit and they grasped the black & white stripes concept. Fcuking fair play Joma. 

Often I dislike a kit at the start of a a season - last year's for example - but as the weeks role on I get used to it and it maybe even grows on me. This one at least is decent stripes and although not Juve it looks ok. I may even love it by early September when we are 9 points clear of everyone.

Why is there 2 different strips ? 
Am I missing something ? 
Fake News ? 
First strip  0/10 An abomination. 
Second strip 8/10  Very good 

One of your 'positive posts' 8/10 my days! That must be the highest you've given anything, ever, like in your life!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

One of your 'positive posts' 8/10 my days! That must be the highest you've given anything, ever, like in your life!

The Krankies in Pantomine two years ago -  9/10

It's got mesh for breatheability, elastic for elasticity, and a stretchy bit for stretchyness, plus, your moisture will be wicked away before you can say 'gie's a signing'... what do you want - fat basturt' technology?
Typical St Mirren fan. Over-expectant moaning faced barsteward. [emoji3]

Does it help me score goals?

Often I dislike a kit at the start of a a season - last year's for example - but as the weeks role on I get used to it and it maybe even grows on me. This one at least is decent stripes and although not Juve it looks ok. I may even love it by early September when we are 9 points clear of everyone.

Last seasons top was paying homage to 87 cup winners. it was a good marketing ploy. if you don't try these things you'll never know. as we all know at St.Mirren every penny is a prisoner and it's hard to come with a different top every year when you play in stripes or hoops.

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Last seasons top was paying homage to 87 cup winners. it was a good marketing ploy. if you don't try these things you'll never know. as we all know at St.Mirren every penny is a prisoner and it's hard to come with a different top every year when you play in stripes or hoops.

For me last seasons top was excellent . A great homage to the 87 heroes . 

This seasons will have something to live up to .

35 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

25 minutes ago, munoz said:

For me last seasons top was excellent . A great homage to the 87 heroes . 

This seasons will have something to live up to .

Jings :lol:

Won the Cup with a fecking Ayr Unitit top on :lol:

The strip was shit in 1987

It was shit in 16/17

Should have a Top like the one from 12/13 every fecking Season , with minor adjustments every year.

7 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I like it. traditional. but you will always get the moaners no matter what it looks like.

Cannae mind anybody moaning about the 2012/13 St Mirren Strip.

Although, a few moaned about the 2016/17 monstrosity

7 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

not a few just your inane post building drivel

Just can't help yourself being a cheeky git :o

FTOF is slow in liking it although 1 usual suspect is there. :lol: