Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

57 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Do you know that this retails at £55.00? For a part-time club thats an absolute joke,

Erm, I don't think you understand the retail market. As a simple example - A large club with a large customer base will sell more strips. Therefore they will be a more attractive proposition to a supplier who will grant them a volume based discount. A small club, with a small customer base will sell fewer strips and therefore they will be more likely to have to pay the full cost price. Assuming both want to sell their kits making, lets say, a £20 per unit profit then it stands to reason that the smaller club would be charging more than the large club. When you then factor into the mix that you are comparing the most expensive, popular and one of the best quality brands in Adidas, with a far less popular and thought of brand like Carbrini which is of inferior quality, then it only goes to show you up all the more :rolleyes: 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Erm, I don't think you understand the retail market. As a simple example - A large club with a large customer base will sell more strips. Therefore they will be a more attractive proposition to a supplier who will grant them a volume based discount. A small club, with a small customer base will sell fewer strips and therefore they will be more likely to have to pay the full cost price. Assuming both want to sell their kits making, lets say, a £20 per unit profit then it stands to reason that the smaller club would be charging more than the large club. When you then factor into the mix that you are comparing the most expensive, popular and one of the best quality brands in Adidas, with a far less popular and thought of brand like Carbrini which is of inferior quality, then it only goes to show you up all the more :rolleyes: 

Aye , thats right thicko :P

Man Utd home strip retails at £60. 

Chelsea £55

Bournemouth (here`s a clue pigshit , they`re the the wee team )   £40 !!

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Aye , thats right thicko :P

Man Utd home strip retails at £60. 

Chelsea £55

Bournemouth (here`s a clue pigshit , they`re the the wee team )   £40 !!

Oh dear, we're bringing out the idiots tonight. 

Man U and Chelsea - Adidas.

Bournemouth - JD Sports (cheaper brand)

And then of course there is the mark up. Not all clubs will standardise a £20 profit margin. The big clue ofcourse is when you go to Sports Direct and you see Man U and Chelsea tops being far more heavily discounted far earlier in the season than a Bournemouth kit. 

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Would they be interested?

Can only ask and they can only say yes or gtf.

Problem with the generic Nike/Adidas kits are they are quite expensive for a start (been mentioned) and they aren't really unique, for example 10 teams could have a similar version to ours, where as are kits are sometimes fan designed or designed by some trend setter at JD.

I only want whats best for the club, someone has to find a way to maximise the revenue from kit deals/merchandise. If it came to it I'd rather we accepted JD's blood money but then again I don't care about the kits and don't have a kid to nag me about them. 100k is a hell of a hole to fill at this level, not even worth thinking about at League One level, that's even more disastrous. 

It would be great, but extremely unlikely that a team at the foot of the championship, with more than a chance of slipping down further be offered a deal like the JD one. At the level we are at now, to make it work as a retail revenue stream you would need to bring, design, production, marketing and sales in house.

Do it Yourself, not as dufficult as it may seem, the trick is to get the best possible quality and manufacturing, then over to us fans to promote it like no other.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It would be great, but extremely unlikely that a team at the foot of the championship, with more than a chance of slipping down further be offered a deal like the JD one. At the level we are at now, to make it work as a retail revenue stream you would need to bring, design, production, marketing and sales in house.

Do it Yourself, not as dufficult as it may seem, the trick is to get the best possible quality and manufacturing, then over to us fans to promote it like no other.

You mean like this? 

http://www.ianrobertsonsports.com/bespoke-teamwear/

I know Ian pretty well and I know Fitzpatrick knows him too. It's why my money would be on the next kit being an Umbro off the peg one. I wasn't hugely impressed with the bespoke kit that Ian offered us. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the quality, just that the Umbro kit felt better and there wasn't a huge difference in price IIRC. 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

You mean like this? 

http://www.ianrobertsonsports.com/bespoke-teamwear/

I know Ian pretty well and I know Fitzpatrick knows him too. It's why my money would be on the next kit being an Umbro off the peg one. I wasn't hugely impressed with the bespoke kit that Ian offered us. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the quality, just that the Umbro kit felt better and there wasn't a huge difference in price IIRC. 

Nope, to make anything resembling a profit you get a manufacturer, not a middleman to make your kit. It would be China, or Bangladesh as they are the cheapest and best quality. Worked with a clothing manufacturer and importer who explained for a bog standard work shirt is was £7.50 to make it in the uk and £1.50 to make and import from Bangladesh.

Provan sports, and no doubt this guy do a great job, but they obviously want their cut which is more than the cost of manufacture and shipment.

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I ran my own business for a period of 6 years before selling it. I've also spent plenty of time working on a self employed basis in my trade. Currently I am in employment and happy to have it that way but at least I know how to spell business :rolleyes:

Any idiot can setup a company, sell almost nothing and hence make no profit for six years and then sell it for 10p. You are an employee because you have no ability to make money any other way.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

What on earth are you wittering on about?

The price of the shirt will be based on the likely demand. Any club regardless of size will have to make a judgement call on the price. It has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the club FFS. If the shirt is overpriced the club will be left with a stockroom full of unsold merchandise. How is it that you cant understand the basics of business yet feel you can insult others. Your lack of self awareness is absolutely incredible.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What on earth are you wittering on about?

The price of the shirt will be based on the likely demand. Any club regardless of size will have to make a judgement call on the price. It has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the club FFS. If the shirt is overpriced the club will be left with a stockroom full of unsold merchandise. How is it that you cant understand the basics of business yet feel you can insult others. Your lack of self awareness is absolutely incredible.

It's funny cause you are saying exactly what I was, the only difference is that I was pointing out that the base cost per unit would likely be higher for the small club than it would be for the large club because of the volume of sales. :rolleyes:

Of course what you clearly don't understand is that Manchester United don't buy in 1,000,000 football shirts and then sell them all themselves all around the world - with any unsold ones sitting in a stockroom at the stadium. You're lack of business acumen is incredible. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope, to make anything resembling a profit you get a manufacturer, not a middleman to make your kit. It would be China, or Bangladesh as they are the cheapest and best quality. Worked with a clothing manufacturer and importer who explained for a bog standard work shirt is was £7.50 to make it in the uk and £1.50 to make and import from Bangladesh.

Provan sports, and no doubt this guy do a great job, but they obviously want their cut which is more than the cost of manufacture and shipment.

You are talking no more than 1,000 units LP - and your going to send people across to China or Bangladesh to find a sweatshop that can manufacture the kits and then ship them over? I doubt that would generate any profit at all, never mind enough to cover the £92k + £38k per annum loss of revenue. Are you up for getting the free holiday to do the research? 

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Of course what you clearly don't understand is that Manchester United don't buy in 1,000,000 football shirts and then sell them all themselves all around the world - with any unsold ones sitting in a stockroom at the stadium. You're lack of business acumen is incredible. :rolleyes:

So... How many stadiums these days have stockrooms?

Where's Drew? I need to borrow an 'FFS'.

Last time I checked, every opponent we have faced in the Championship has run out our tunnel wearing football strips supplied by various companies. Fans of these clubs can buy these shirts and wear them.

We need a new supplier to perform such a role. We need to attract a primary shirt sponsor. We need to attract a new airdome sponsor, and maybe some new stadium advertising / branding once the JD adverts come down.

I am confident the new BoD can fix us up with the missing pieces.

8 minutes ago, antrin said:

No.

oaksoft spoke of stockrooms.  Generic spaces situated anywhere one chooses.

YOU were the one who said stadiums have stockrooms.

come on, keep digging. :)

I was responding to the idiocy of Oaksofts post. You are trying too hard again Antrin. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I am all for you responding to idiocy.

i even did it myself when YOU suggested that stadiums have stockrooms for all the strips they wished to market.

that wasn't oaksoft, so come on - explain. Please.

also I've never tried to hard.

i occasionally, like now, try too hard...

8 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

And then of course there is the mark up. Not all clubs will standardise a £20 profit margin. The big clue ofcourse is when you go to Sports Direct and you see Man U and Chelsea tops being far more heavily discounted far earlier in the season than a Bournemouth kit. 

All football strips are made in so called sweat houses  houses in far off lands whether that be St mirren or barcalona . 

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

No . I think you`ll find yet again you are the idiot who has tied himself up in knots. The Post you replied to was about Ayr charging £55 for an ADIDAS replica top.

I posted the example above to show what happens downs south in the EPL.

So Ayr charge EXACTLY the same £55 Retail for a strip as Chelsea   and £5 less retail than Man U. So by your reckoning Ayr are a similar sized club to Chelsea but Bigger than Man United ?!?!

And in your post you clearly said that it was based on a £20 profit.

No . I think you`ll find yet again you are the idiot who has tied himself up in knots. The Post you replied to was about Ayr charging £55 for an ADIDAS replica top.
I posted the example above to show what happens downs south in the EPL.
So Ayr charge EXACTLY the same £55 Retail for a strip as Chelsea   and £5 less retail than Man U. So by your reckoning Ayr are a similar sized club to Chelsea but Bigger than Man United ?!?!
And in your post you clearly said that it was based on a £20 profit.

I'm in knots laughing at the dafties on here who think they understand team wear retail. You've got one who thinks small part time clubs should charge less for kit despite higher costs. You've got one who thinks football clubs make decisions on how many kits they want to buy in to retail on. And now we've go you who in your last post backed the poster criticising Ayr United, and who now claims that the proof is that Ayr's Adidas kit costs the same as a Man U kit to manufacture lies in the fact they both retail for £55. And another daft are thinks all football strips are made in sweatshops....

Aye.... too stupid for Fan Ownership. The performance of the team might be poor this season but they'd have to be really shite to be as bad as many of the posters on here.

11 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm in knots laughing at the dafties on here who think they understand team wear retail. You've got one who thinks small part time clubs should charge less for kit despite higher costs. You've got one who thinks football clubs make decisions on how many kits they want to buy in to retail on. And now we've go you who in your last post backed the poster criticising Ayr United, and who now claims that the proof is that Ayr's Adidas kit costs the same as a Man U kit to manufacture lies in the fact they both retail for £55. And another daft are thinks all football strips are made in sweatshops....

Aye.... too stupid for Fan Ownership. The performance of the team might be poor this season but they'd have to be really shite to be as bad as many of the posters on here.

Where did i say that ?  Could you be making things up ?