Jump to content

Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


38 minutes ago, dumbarton_bud said:

...meanwhile in other news, JD Sport are selling their Saints gear a good £10 cheaper in Braehead than the Paisley Centre store.

Not criticising or adding to the discussion at hand, just a helpful tip to those still Christmas shopping :D

Apparently JD Sports have reacted to the ending of our deal with them by throwing a strop. Management instructed staff to immediately remove all traces of St Mirren presence in their three stores. Staff completed the task in two minutes and thirty seconds after they found our presence sandwiched between the Sellik and Sevco tops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

He can spell 'business', though<_<

Any chance of buying an FFS off you before the irritating know-it-all comes back on to bore the fcuking arse off us with his football strip related patter... 'I once owned my own business retailing football strips to community football clubs. Many executives at top clubs like Real Madrid and Juventus actually e-mailed me to get my ideas on how to better their own retail operations. The dafties never bothered with my suggestions though. Anyway, a mate of mine who works for Nike says...'

Come on Drew. £3.99 and I'll buy you a coffee and a Twix from the Buddie Good Food Van. That's a fair deal for an FFS these days.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Any chance of buying an FFS off you before the irritating know-it-all comes back on to bore the fcuking arse off us with his football strip related patter... 'I once owned my own business retailing football strips to community football clubs. Many executives at top clubs like Real Madrid and Juventus actually e-mailed me to get my ideas on how to better their own retail operations. The dafties never took me up on my offer though. A mate of mine who works for Nike says...'

Come on Drew. £3.99 and I'll buy you a coffee and a Twix from the Buddie Good Food Van. That's a fair deal for an FFS these days.

It really is brutally unrelenting from him. I feel my life force draining away at the very sight of his posts. I seldom read them, but note that they have become increasingly offensive in tone. That's generally the sign of someone unravelling.

Given that he deems so many of us to be grossly stupid, it says a great deal about him that he'd dedicate so much of his time communing with us. Desperate for attention, presumably. I suppose he should be pitied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Drew said:

It really is brutally unrelenting from him. I feel my life force draining away at the very sight of his posts. I seldom read them, but note that they have become increasingly offensive in tone. That's generally the sign of someone unravelling.

Given that he deems so many of us to be grossly stupid, it says a great deal about him that he'd dedicate so much of his time communing with us. Desperate for attention, presumably. I suppose he should be pitied.

£4.99 and I'll throw in a chocolate hob nob. Final offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Erm, I don't think you understand the retail market. As a simple example - A large club with a large customer base will sell more strips. Therefore they will be a more attractive proposition to a supplier who will grant them a volume based discount. A small club, with a small customer base will sell fewer strips and therefore they will be more likely to have to pay the full cost price. Assuming both want to sell their kits making, lets say, a £20 per unit profit then it stands to reason that the smaller club would be charging more than the large club. When you then factor into the mix that you are comparing the most expensive, popular and one of the best quality brands in Adidas, with a far less popular and thought of brand like Carbrini which is of inferior quality, then it only goes to show you up all the more :rolleyes: 

Good point, though i was thinking more towards fans of a part-time club forking out that kind of money, not the balance between selling small number of strips at a higher cost. 

It would be good to debate how many people on here would react to an increase in £15/£20 for a football top if we were to go down a similar route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You are talking no more than 1,000 units LP - and your going to send people across to China or Bangladesh to find a sweatshop that can manufacture the kits and then ship them over? I doubt that would generate any profit at all, never mind enough to cover the £92k + £38k per annum loss of revenue. Are you up for getting the free holiday to do the research? 

If you actually know the companies /factories that manufacture them, and have samples/examples/refferals then no one needs to go to China or Bangladesh. There is this new thing called t'internet, its feckin amazing, but there are some right eejits posting all over it. Even if it was 1000 units, (you woud also be talking, shorts, socks, tracksuits, t shirts, scarves etc) someone designs, orders, manufactures and ships them now. Its called in business to make a profit, cutting out the middle men.

jeez i thought an Alan Sugar type like yourself would be able to grasp that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you actually know the companies /factories that manufacture them, and have samples/examples/refferals then no one needs to go to China or Bangladesh. There is this new thing called t'internet, its feckin amazing, but there are some right eejits posting all over it. Even if it was 1000 units, (you woud also be talking, shorts, socks, tracksuits, t shirts, scarves etc) someone designs, orders, manufactures and ships them now. Its called in business to make a profit, cutting out the middle men.

jeez i thought an Alan Sugar type like yourself would be able to grasp that?

Ta. :)

i enjoyed that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Any chance of buying an FFS off you before the irritating know-it-all comes back on to bore the fcuking arse off us with his football strip related patter... 'I once owned my own business retailing football strips to community football clubs. Many executives at top clubs like Real Madrid and Juventus actually e-mailed me to get my ideas on how to better their own retail operations. The dafties never bothered with my suggestions though. Anyway, a mate of mine who works for Nike says...'

Come on Drew. £3.99 and I'll buy you a coffee and a Twix from the Buddie Good Food Van. That's a fair deal for an FFS these days.

I have him on ignore, has he mentioned the time he was having dinner in America and ended up chatting to an Adidas executive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

I have him on ignore, has he mentioned the time he was having dinner in America and ended up chatting to an Adidas executive?

I did indeed - although that would have been 8 or 9 years ago now. At Disney Vero Beach Resort in Florida. I don't know why anyone would think that was remotely remarkable, as you do clearly. We were sitting in the bar with our two kids having a bit of a laugh and she happened to be sitting at the table next to us and was a bit bemused by the fact that my two sons - so obviously Scottish - were wearing MLS kits and wanted to know the connection.

More remarkable I guess was meeting Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Woody and a whole load of other film stars over at Walt Disney World during the rest of our time in Orlando. :rolleyes:  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't ask for much, just a simple black and white striped top. Surely that can't be too difficult to organise.

On another note, I was in JD Silverburn last week trying to find the Saints stuff on display. There wasn't much there but as I was there I was looking around, 99.9% of the stuff being bought there is never going to be used to do any sport, just kitting out neds!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the home kit goes to £20 I might buy it, I'd rather not give JD any more money. Last few shirts I've got have been from Classic Football Shirts. I love the old stuff and managed to get one of my favourite shirts 97-98 home kit.

Looking our for the home kit from around 92-93ish, Matchwinner manufactured sponsored by Clanford, one of the first shirts I was ever given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just noticed young Thomas Reilly there in the front row. Hope hes doing well?
Aye, strips shit........! Please not

Thomas lives in the same Street as me. a free kick from SMP. according to his girlfriends father who he lives with he's doing great but looking to move to a club nearer home in the summer. great guy Thomas hope it works out for him.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...