St Mirren v Spartans Scottish Cup 3rd Round 29/11/16

shull

52 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Spartans recent results:

19/11/16 - Beat East Kilbride 1-0 at home

15/11/16 - Beat Preston Athletic 2-1 at home

12/11/16 - Lost to Tynecastle 1-0 away in the South Region Challenge Cup

05/11/16 - Lost to Gala Fairydean 3-2 away

They are second in their league, miles behind East Kilbride, level on points with the mighty Dalbeattie Star but with a better goal difference and one point ahead of the even mightier East Stirlingshire. As someone else mentioned Eddie Malone is in their squad and ex Falkirk and Aberdeen player Gary Smith is their assistant manager, having had a look at their website none of their other players names seemed familiar. The match report for their defeat to Tynecastle mentions Jack Ross was spotted in the crowd.

For any optimists out there we are 9/1 to win with a -4 goal handicap or for those verging on insanity 22/1 to win with a -5 goal handicap (both with Coral).

Hey!

Don't mock Dalbeattie Star.

I have a soft spot.

(as I mentioned to Matron, last night...)

Went in to work my night shift last night when someone said I see St Mirren are playing Blyth Spartans at the weekend. Puzzled I looked at the William Hill coupon he presented.  Sure enough they've actually got us down on there v Blyth Spartans in print. Oops! Wonder if you could get out of a losing bet considering they've got us playing a completely different club on there?

5 hours ago, john scott said:

Went in to work my night shift last night when someone said I see St Mirren are playing Blyth Spartans at the weekend. Puzzled I looked at the William Hill coupon he presented.  Sure enough they've actually got us down on there v Blyth Spartans in print. Oops! Wonder if you could get out of a losing bet considering they've got us playing a completely different club on there?

For sure you can. St mirren will win this easy so don't worry about getting your cash back. 

19 hours ago, john scott said:

blyth.jpg

Pitch inspection at half 12 today. Dunno if they'll call it off as early as that but you never know...

I'd find having a game called off because of a frozen pitch when we have undersoil heating far more embarrassing than the LinkedIn stuff.

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Pitch inspection at half 12 today. Dunno if they'll call it off as early as that but you never know...

I'd find having a game called off because of a frozen pitch when we have undersoil heating far more embarrassing than the LinkedIn stuff.

The floodlights at Ralston ain't working either

I was considering hopping along to watch this as its more realistically priced at £12, and being cold blooded the low temperatures don't affect me, however I can already see the doubts creeping in over a postponement due to a bit of frost. Whilst I never agreed with the stipulation of undersoil heating being a requirement (its barely ever been necessary or used) , I would not be in the least surprised if this game is called off due to a frozen pitch and the mortal dangers this could cause to donkeys playing on it.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I am sure the heating is only good to a low of -5 .

Edited by elvis

At last, the first bit of good news out of Greenhill Road in a while. I'd leave the undersoil heating broken to be honest. -5°C is too cold for spectators to sit in plastic seats at the side of an open football pitch for 2 hours. This match has been called off early which saves fans travelling in dodgy road conditions.

Well done to all concerned. The first sign that things are improving under the new regime. 

Not embarrassing at all. Heating systems break down. Nobody ever had a boiler problem?

Even if it was working, why turn it on for this game? Would have cost thousands (I believe) for a low key game with only a small income to come from it.

Edited by Thorizaar