St Mirren v Spartans Scottish Cup 3rd Round 29/11/16

shull

Yet again the new regime get it in the neck !!   

Is it the new boards fault that the AstroTurf at Ralston has worn out ? Did the old board not set aside any contingency plan to replace or repair it ? Did they seriously expect it was going to last forever ?

I've witnessed first hand the state of the dressing rooms at Ralston and the work that needs done. It would be obvious to Stevie Wonder that the initial build was done on the cheap and it was not fit for purpose and never going to last any length of time.... is that the new Boards fault ?

Does anybody know what the service / maintenance set up has been for the undersoil heating since it was installed... how many years ago ?  

Did anyone seriously think something as complex as USH wouldnt eventually need a major overhaul or costly repairs ? 

All these issues have been dumped at the door of the new regime , I would have thought a conscientious forward thinking board may have set aside for such repairs & ongoing costs . FFS , they couldn't even keep our disabled supporters dry !! 

Finally, I'm led to believe USH costs an arm and a leg to run & many ex premier clubs who have been forced to have it chose not to switch it on. We are no different in that respect

42 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yet again the new regime get it in the neck !!   

Is it the new boards fault that the AstroTurf at Ralston has worn out ? Did the old board not set aside any contingency plan to replace or repair it ? Did they seriously expect it was going to last forever ?

I've witnessed first hand the state of the dressing rooms at Ralston and the work that needs done. It would be obvious to Stevie Wonder that the initial build was done on the cheap and it was not fit for purpose and never going to last any length of time.... is that the new Boards fault ?

Does anybody know what the service / maintenance set up has been for the undersoil heating since it was installed... how many years ago ?  

Did anyone seriously think something as complex as USH wouldnt eventually need a major overhaul or costly repairs ? 

All these issues have been dumped at the door of the new regime , I would have thought a conscientious forward thinking board may have set aside for such repairs & ongoing costs . FFS , they couldn't even keep our disabled supporters dry !! 

Finally, I'm led to believe USH costs an arm and a leg to run & many ex premier clubs who have been forced to have it chose not to switch it on. We are no different in that respect

Reminds me of the sports centre under the Caledonia Stand at Love. St, which was allowed to fall into a state of disrepair due to not re-investing enough of the revenues the facility generated.

Due Diligence not done. 

Thank f**k I cancelled my Direct Debits after 2 months. 

Cursing myself that I actually lost 24 pounds in  this disgrace. 

Gilmour and Co won the lottery selling their Shares of a worthless and hopeless Football Club. 

Buy The Buds -Shite 

Look at the forecast, buy/borrow some covers at the start of the week, put them down and the pitch wouldn't have been frozen to the extent it the game was called off more than 24 hours before kick-off.

Might not have tried but would at least have shown all the stops were being pulled out. No excuse for not having a contingency plan if the fault was already known about. 

Things were going to hell well before the new regime took over, but don't let the facts get in the way of a rant.

They were nowhere near as bad as this. I know it's early days and all that, but from the day Gordon Scott took over everything that could go wrong pretty much has went wrong.

We are a shambles on and off the park.

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

They were nowhere near as bad as this. I know it's early days and all that, but from the day Gordon Scott took over everything that could go wrong pretty much has went wrong.

Well since GS took over some fans have a bar and the buds in wheelchairs are now under cover. Gilmour had 8 years to so what GS has managed in months. Better official website as well.

13 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Well since GS took over some fans Renfrew this not about who we like or not. First things you have to get right is the basics. Football at a club is first and for most.  You will bring in more money to the club on a Saturday than a midweek game in the winter months. This is the area that must be concentrated on. New board ok but this is November. As for the bar that was in place for a while with fans money. As for the disabled platform that was also fans money.  Personally I'm bewildered.  

The original  build at ralston  and the stadium was done on the cheap. A  number of things removed from planning to build. Originally  a full size astro pitch removed for a car park. An indoor sports hall replaced by a bouncy castle dome. 

The director in liason with the builders at the time was a certain Mr Gordon  Scott  if I recall correctly.  Coming back to bite him now.

33 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Well since GS took over some fans have a bar and the buds in wheelchairs are now under cover. Gilmour had 8 years to so what GS has managed in months. Better official website as well.

Just put Gus' chief boaby sooker on ignore, his tear stained rants are becoming tedious.

Look at the forecast, buy/borrow some covers at the start of the week, put them down and the pitch wouldn't have been frozen to the extent it the game was called off more than 24 hours before kick-off.

Might not have tried but would at least have shown all the stops were being pulled out. No excuse for not having a contingency plan if the fault was already known about. 

We did have covers but gave them away/sold them IIRC i want to say to Stenhousmuir but someone will remember

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
18 hours ago, renfrew said:

Well since GS took over some fans Renfrew this not about who we like or not. First things you have to get right is the basics. Football at a club is first and for most.  You will bring in more money to the club on a Saturday than a midweek game in the winter months. This is the area that must be concentrated on. New board ok but this is November. As for the bar that was in place for a while with fans money. As for the disabled platform that was also fans money.  Personally I'm bewildered.  

I am bewildered as well by your post. Want to try again ?   :P

Edited by renfrew

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Sadly mate - I think you are right :(

3 hours ago, jimmy 1 said:

The original  build at ralston  and the stadium was done on the cheap. A  number of things removed from planning to build. Originally  a full size astro pitch removed for a car park. An indoor sports hall replaced by a bouncy castle dome. 

The director in liason with the builders at the time was a certain Mr Gordon  Scott  if I recall correctly.  Coming back to bite him now.

As you say GS was in liason with the builders but I very much doubt he was in charge of the budget, and that was the problem.