St Mirren v Spartans Scottish Cup 3rd Round 29/11/16

shull

7 hours ago, shull said:

So why is Tuesday's kick off at 8pm ?

Funnly enough that is my daughter's bedtime who has a ticket for the Match.

3pm on a Saturday would have been our preferred option.

What time do you suggest to keep you and your daughter happy? What about 3, oh wait, school time. Five, oops, majority (that's something maybe you should think about) will have barely finished work. 6:30, oh, many wouldn't be able to make it for then, including the away support. Is there anything you can't find to moan about? :booty

10 minutes ago, farmer john said:

is it even freezing in Paisley today? will it be freezing at 3.00? sure;y they calledd the game off too soon.

Should have had a Pitch Inspection at 10am this morning.

Unfortunately, all those running our Club may be still in bed and may be suffering hangovers after last night's very late Dinner at the Stadium.

Bless them :blink:

They would have attempted to get the Match on if they had sold any Hospitality. 

Since they had not and the rest of the fans dinnae count the only solution was to call the Match off f**king yesterday lunchtime. 

Fans from Spartans are less than an hour away from Paisley. 

10am Inspection this morning would have been sufficient. 

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

I think covers would have done the job

The tempt has risen the last 20 hours and continuing to do so

I also think it was called off too early

Doubt it.

The grass was frozen solid over a period of at least two days, with temperatures as low as -6 degrees centigrade.

Daytime temperatures barely rose above 2 degrees centigrade, meaning that the ground largely remained frozen solid throughout that period.

Temperatures today are not forecasted to rise above 3 degrees centigrade. Given that it would require a sustained period of several hours of thawing at a temperature of above 10 degrees centigrade, simple physics dictates that there was no way the pitch was going to thaw out by 3 p.m. today.

You may have had some patches that were beginning to thaw, but as the grass wouldn't freeze at the same rate, you'd be left with large patches of frozen ground.

Edited by FTOF

Official site at the time of writing is not advertising when the game will take place ( Tuesday 8pm). Do we not want to encourage people along. The heading on the home page still tells us its today although admittedly the article below does confirm the postponement. Newspapers and Spartans website have the information but not us. Spartans also euphemistically mention we have "challenges" with our heating system. We have many many "challenges" I'm afraid. Not convinced we are up to meeting them.

Who the hell is in charge of that hopeless Website. 

I mentioned last night that they were still advertising today's iced off Match. 

Childish inadequates running the Show now at Greenhill Road. 

On the brightside, we can do a mean Special Dinner Occasion at the Stadium. 

Fecking Hooray. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Who the hell is in charge of that hopeless Website. 

I mentioned last night that they were still advertising today's iced off Match. 

Childish inadequates running the Show now at Greenhill Road. 

On the brightside, we can do a mean Special Dinner Occasion at the Stadium. 

Fecking Hooray. 

I have see it on the official website that the game is off and that was yesterday. Maybe used your spare time learning how to used the new site instead of bitching on here like a 3 year old :double:booty:double

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

I have see it on the official website that the game is off and that was yesterday. Maybe used your spare time learning how to used the new site instead of bitching on here like a 3 year old :double:booty:double

It's on the front page in huge f**king writing. 

Sober up. 

Earlier in the week they had 20 quid as the Admission price for the now dead match. 

Amateurs 

Who urnae charging equivalent amateur prices. 

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Being 3, I still make more sense than the 10 year old ignoramuses that pollute the Forum presently. :)

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Is that the hypocrite insulting yet more fellow saints fans?:rolleyes:

Meltdown imminent.:lol:

Still nothing constructive, informative or even minutely entertaining. 

Come on Sweetie :)